Pushing on Ridiculous?

I am just wondering if its just me or are these results pushing on ridiculous... I can't win for the love of it and I have tried everything. Second Season Syndrome is hitting me WAY too hard.

I am currently 2 - 5 - 2 in the season.

It seems like I am averaging 2 woodworks a %#@$ing game... which is pretty awesome if you're aiming for woodworks but thats not how one wins games... I am just wondering if these statistics are a bit too ridiculous. Considering the teams average moral is always "Very Good" with appropriate player interactions. If it wasn't for those stupid woodworks I would understand poor form, but i just keep hitting them!

Game 1 :

Chelsea 1 - 1 Man. City

2 Clearcut : 1 clearcut

53% - 47%

(City had 1 shot the whole game and my goal was only because they put one in their own net)

Game 2 :

Chelsea 4 - 0 Preston

3 Clearcut : 0 Clearcut

2 woodworks : 0 woodworks

Game 3 :

Burnley 1 - 0 Chelsea

1 Clearcut : 0 clearcut

0 woodworks : 2 woodworks

Game 4 :

Sunderland 0 - 0 Chelsea

0 Clearcut : 1 Clearcut

Game 5 :

Chelsea 0 - 0 Birmingham

4 Clearcut : 0 Clearcut

3 woodworks : 0 woodworks

Game 6 :

Arsenal 1 - 0 Chelsea

1 Clearcut : 0 Clearcut

woodworks 1 : 1 woodworks

Game 7 :

Stoke 0 - 3 Chelsea

1 Clearcut : 6 clearcut

0 woodwork : 2 woodwork

Game 8 :

Chelsea 1 - 1 West Ham

5 Clearcut : 2 Clearcut

2 woodwork : 0 woodwork

Game 9 :

Chelsea 1 - 1 Liverpool

6 Clearcut : 1 Clearcut

2 woodwork : 0 woodwork

Note : Champions league is actually going well. Which doesn't make any sense. I told them I'd give them a high payout for both competitions. It also seems that my reputation dropped into hell, because playing again West Ham at home, the prediction of the media was draw.

I've just experienced this second-season syndrome as well. As Man City, I won the treble in my 1st season (PL, EC and LC). I had an absolutely astonishing preseason (beat A. Madrid 6-1 away from home, Milan 5-0, etc). Won the CSC 6-0 and the SC 2-0 (vs Real Madrid). Then suddenly terrible form hit me in the league and ended up in upper-mid-table some 25 points behind the leaders, Arsenal). Otoh, in the CL, I won all group games. Tbh, I wouldn't call it ridiculous. I was quite enjoying the challenge. However I quit the game because Arsene Wenger left undefeated Arsenal mid-season to join Inter. This is the third time this has happened in my last 3 games! On another occasion he actually joined Sevilla. This totally ruins the game for me. How can a manager quit the team he loves when he's so close to achieving the success he was for years bent on achieving?

Yeah i know what you're talking about. I'm not exactly annoyed by the results per-say. I am more annoyed by the amount of woodworks i get per game. There is no way that a team can average around 2 woodworks per game in real life... Its just unbelievable.

I have only lost 2 games which isn't that bad an draws do add up but im aiming for 3rd this season anyways... I just hate how the games play out. Player get average rating of around 6.8 - 7.4 so I can't yell at them.

There is no way that a team can average around 2 woodworks per game in real life... Its just unbelievable.

Is it though? Without stats, statements like this are meaningless. I've been looking for stats on the number of times teams hit the woodwork but haven't found anything yet. My gut feeling is that an average of twice per game doesn't sound that implausible..

You're seriously complaining about the amount of times that you've hit the woodwork when, in the first 6 of those games, you only created a grand total of 10 CCC's? Put extremely bluntly - your tactics must be absolutely rubbish. As Chelsea, you should be creating on average >5 CCC's per game easily - so change your tactics to start creating some proper goal scoring chances

Archived