An honest critique of FMH2011psp

Well, I am a little annoyed with this game to be honest.

Having read a review or 2 I knew to expect pretty much a data update of last year's product, and that is fine, except there is one huge shortcoming. Success is all about tactics & tactic tweaking so the most imortant thing I do before kicking off my first match is to set up a few user-defined tactics & save them. Shockingly the tactics that I saved are different from those that load when I click on them. To explain, I saved a 442 standard, 2 banks of 4 & 2 strikers. It clearly shows that formation, but whenever I go back to it it has cahnaged to a 4222 with 2 x DMC's. WTF? Also it seems after all these years you cannot save sets of player / team instructions to upload, even saving a formation (for the few that did actually save "properly"), the Team instructions changed back to default, and as for player instructions....- forget it.

On the plus side I am now playing CM0102 again, a light disctraction from my FM2011PC save game, but the PSP version, which has so much potential, is just annoyingly user-unfrendly. I fear that most FMH resource was pooled for the iphone version's development, and if that is true I should have like SI to have announced this before release - I feel short changed!.

• SI Staff

When changing formations please bear in mind the following:

(1) If outside of a match please ensure you 'confirm' those changes afterwards - otherwise the game will presume they weren't wanted to be retained and undo them.

(2) If inside a match then the changes will be undone after the match to avoid potentially leaving you with a tactic you chose while desperately chasing a game or whatever.

fear that most FMH resource was pooled for the iphone version's development, and if that is true I should have like SI to have announced this before release

This was definitely not the case - since FMH iPhone was first conceived I have been the only constant member of SI staff working upon it whereas the PSP game has had both Rich and Ed working upon it (and myself lending assistance by bringing across tweaks from the iPhone version sporadically).

Archived