+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [PSP] Game Crashes when going into new season

Amateur

Default [PSP] Game Crashes when going into new season

Hi,

My psp FMH game crashes when i am going into the new Season.

I was playing Cambridge United, and got the club frm BSP to nPower Championship. I have managed to sell my first 1m player, saw a 100k player become worth 5M, and just won promotion to the Premier League in the next season.

Then my world came crumbling down when i click on continue to enter the new season, and the updating bar loads everything but seems to encounter error when processing the club finances. The loading bar stops at Process Club Finances, and then my psp shuts down after abt 10 secs.

I was really upset becoz i have spent a lot of effort bringing the club from BSP up. Now i do not even know whether to start a new one (for fear that when i promote to Premier it will just crash again) or to thrash it and get on with other games.

Can anyone help me get past the loading screen into the new season~~

Sports Interactive Stuart Warren's Avatar

Hi Juekio, sorry to hear about this.

Would you be able to extract your save file from your PSP, zip it up and send it to me at stuart.warren@sigames.com please? We'll investigate and see if there is anything we can do to help.

If you need a hand accessing the save file just let me know.

Amateur

So, in all good faith, as the game is fundamentally fun, i decided to give it another go and hope that it will not crash and make the game unplayable again.. But NAY. In a nutshell it happened again.. at the same point in time!! Getting really frustrated at the moment. Below is an account of my current game, cut and paste from the first post.

My psp FMH game crashes when i am going into the new Season.

I was playing Bath City, and got the club frm BSP to nPower Championship. I have managed to sell my first 1m player, saw a 100k player become worth 5M, and just won promotion to the Premier League in the next season.

Then my world came crumbling down when i click on continue to enter the new season, and the updating bar loads everything but seems to encounter error when processing the club finances. The loading bar stops at Process Club Finances, and then my psp shuts down after abt 10 secs.

I was really upset becoz i have spent a lot of effort bringing the club from BSP up. Now i do not even know whether to start a new one (for fear that when i promote to Premier it will just crash again edit: it DOES crash again!) or to thrash it and get on with other games.

Pls help my game get on to the next season in the Premier League~~~~~~

Sports Interactive Marc Vaughan's Avatar

Can you please contact Stu and see if he can help you retrieve your save game so we can take a look at it (see his post directly above yours).

We have your save file and are looking into it, thanks Juekio.

Did you use the exact same setup each time? Any other nations loaded alongside England? What year is it crashing in this time?

Amateur

Hi Stu,

Yes the setup and nations loaded is the same, it's the default when starting new game.

The year is 2013-2014, going into new season in June 2014.

Situation is the same, promotion from BSP to League 2, League 2 to League 1 and League 1 to Championship are all ok, only seem to fail when promoting from Championship to Premier.

Sheesh and i have a couple of great free transfers who were coming in.. now it's all moot unless i can progress into the new season.

Hope you will be able to find out why this happens, and thanks for the quick reply!

edit: on a separate note, i find the FMH 2011 one of the nicest Manager games around. I tried playing the PC version of FM 2011 but i find that there were too many things to manage for my taste. Takes up too much time and effort. The FMH however requires less effort and is great to play on the go! So pls pls pls try to find out why i am crashing, i really love this game and would hate to give it up but it's really pointless to play when everytime it will crash when i get promoted from Championship to Premier.. Thanks!
    Last edited by Juekio; 24-01-2011 at 02:27.

Amateur

I'm gonna sound desperate..

Pls pls help me fix it! My team was getting awesome!

Stu i can send you my latest save game too (the one with Bath City) if you can fix that it would be doubly fantastic! (this adventure with Bath is better than my first save game with Cambridge )

Yes, please do.

Do both save files load for you, but then crash when processing? Or do they no longer load since the first crash?
    Last edited by Stuart Warren; 24-01-2011 at 14:09.

Amateur

Hi Stu,

I have sent you my latest save game with Bath City.

Yes both games still load for me, but they will crash to the psp black screen when i click on Continue.

When i click on Continue, it will prompt to say it's going into the new season and the player stats may be changed etc etc.

The loading bar will then appear and it will show that it's processing the start of a new season - setting up domestic competition, updating player stats, etc.

The last informational thing i see would be Processing Club Finances, and the loading bar would be full.. but after that the screen seems to freeze for about 10 secs, then the PSP black screen of death.

Hope that's enough info for your troubleshooting.

Thanks again Juekio, I've replied to your email with some more info and a handful of questions. If you could get back to me on those I'd appreciate it.

Cheers,
    Stu

Amateur

how do i extract my psp save? im having the same problem(1st with forest green and now with bradford.( the save just jams at Restoring Save Data then it shuts down.

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by jason_150457 View Post
    how do i extract my psp save? im having the same problem(1st with forest green and now with bradford.( the save just jams at Restoring Save Data then it shuts down.
    This was advice/help from SEGA in my case : "However we received the report from QA. As you pointed out, we were not able to load the saved games from Season 2 but we managed to reach the 2nd season and then save the game by going on holiday for a week, pass the days one by one until reaching season 2. We have saved this progress and uploaded it on the FTP that you can access to retrieve the saved game. Please let us know if you encounter any issue."

I hope that programmers of PSP FHM 2011 will realase patch, but on the game page you can see only patches for PC/MAC and iPhone :-((( I'm very dissapointed, even frustrating is that this game is more expensive on PSP than PC game and gives players less than classic PC game...

Lurker

i got the same one... i manage fleetwood..... until im on league 2.... now.. im going to league 1 but it stucks... and my PSP suddenly shut down.... any solution?? help me plz

+ Reply to Thread