How Do You Look After Young Stars??

I have noticed on a few threads people saying them have played the youngsters in cups etc and it ends up giving them the "next lampard" tag etc. How do you do this. Does putting them on individual training plans help, how often should you be playing. How does it work?

Played fm for years and never understood this. Any advice appreciated.

Cheers

Jay

1) The player actually has to be talented in order to get a 'the next XXXX' tag.

2) I tend to keep 16 year olds in the under 18s, assess them at 17 and give the best few a couple of sub appearances.

3) I let them go on 6 month loans at 18/19

4) I move the best 18/19/20 year olds into my first team and set them to 'available for reserves' and play them as often as they seem to warrent.

5) I make sure my best older players are always tutoring the new players.

In my experience putting youngsters when they are not "ready" to make a contribution doesn't really seem to help on developing their potential, in order to have good development they should get as much match time as possible while playing against opposition that allows them to make good performances.

So at Cup matches against weaker opposition, at home against weaker/relegation candidates it's the time where i like to give my youngsters playing time, ideally i'll never launch them "alone" and keep some of the first team stars to ensure that the team has a good performance so that the youngsters end up having a good game as well.

And of course substitutions when the game is "done" is also great.. is the opposition right-back tired,playing nervously and maybe even carrying a knock? Time to sub your young pacey winger in and just have him run with the ball on that flank..

Even though i'm writing this i have a horrible habit of "burning" young players and launching them into the first team when they are simply not ready and with not enough quality to the level of opposition they are playing against and because of that they will perform poorly, drop in morale and develop slower.

i tend to keep good youngsters in the youth squad being tutored until they are about 18/19, then i send them on loan for a season either to a feeder club or to any club willing to offer him an important first team role, after that season if they are good enough ill start playing them either that or another season on loan.

I find putting them on intensive training schedules helps immensely.

Search the tactics/training forum, theres a cople of schedules you can download or make one yourself.

However, making one yourself is difficult, you have to research which training category affects which stats.

I use this schedule http://www.mediafire.com/?nq4klmaylb1tmem

Which is downloaded from this thread .... http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/185812-SFraser-s-Training-Schedules-for-FM10/page12

If you wish to make your own, use the one I've linked too as a guide and read the thread. It helps you understand training a little better.

I find putting them on intensive training schedules helps immensely.

Mine are all a bunch of WHINERS! whenever I put them on intensive training schedules about 40% of them complain its too hard for them, and im talking about schedules that are litterally 1 step above medium.

Mine are all a bunch of WHINERS! whenever I put them on intensive training schedules about 40% of them complain its too hard for them, and im talking about schedules that are litterally 1 step above medium.

Just ignore it, I do.

It don't seem to hurt.

Although you may want to tone it down during pre season or put them all on a self made pre season schedule.

Just ignore it, I do.

It don't seem to hurt.

Although you may want to tone it down during pre season or put them all on a self made pre season schedule.

Thats what Im currently doing, fortunately none of the true 'star' young players seems to be complaining, I tend to use it as an excuse to kick out the really bad regens- I keep them till they make trouble in the hope they will give me a few 100K in a transfer fee.

Archived