just want to boast about my season 2 spurs signing....

... liverpool finished 11th in the first season, which prompted a mass exodus of big name players .... VERY nearly got gerrard - he told the media that a move to spurs would be tempting - but liverpool turned down my £30m offer icon_frown.gif

So went in for Babel instead and landed him for £24m!!

So my tip is - if a top 4 club is radically under performing, have your cheque book ready to round up the golden rats fleeing the sinking ship!!

... liverpool finished 11th in the first season, which prompted a mass exodus of big name players .... VERY nearly got gerrard - he told the media that a move to spurs would be tempting - but liverpool turned down my £30m offer icon_frown.gif

So went in for Babel instead and landed him for £24m!!

So my tip is - if a top 4 club is radically under performing, have your cheque book ready to round up the golden rats fleeing the sinking ship!!

An even better thing is to keep an eye out for Bankrupt clubs. Yeah some offers get rejected but I've brought Sneijder for 20k and lots of similar bargains. Make a lot of hilariously low offers for good players and you never know.

Babel for 24m is almost as stupid as Bent for 16 though. I've got a bridge I can sell you icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wizz0:

Did Gerrard or Torres leave after the 1st season? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gerrard stayed put, so far...

Torres & Xabi Alonso both went abroad ... can't remember where.

lol

no way is Babel worth 24 mill imo

i had him for liverpool on my season and he was constantly out played by my other wingers (Kewell, Farfan, Maxi Rodriguez)

my advice, play him as a striker if you're going to play him anywhere. He always played better there for me but was never going to break into my first team. so i sold him in 2012 :p

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by VonBlade:

An even better thing is to keep an eye out for Bankrupt clubs. Yeah some offers get rejected but I've brought Sneijder for 20k and lots of similar bargains. Make a lot of hilariously low offers for good players and you never know.

Babel for 24m is almost as stupid as Bent for 16 though. I've got a bridge I can sell you icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i can't be held responsible for spending £16m on Bent icon_biggrin.gif

But i can for offloading him to villa for £5, at what worked out as approx £450k per game icon_frown.gif

stupid game icon_mad.gif

anyway, my point isn't really about the money (£30m even for gerrard was pushing it if you ask me), i'm just impressed that a high profile player was persuaded to join spurs. and that die-hard red steven gerrard might have too if i had the budget.

how fickle footballers can be!!

I took over Spurs in 2018. Bent wasn't good enough for the first team, so I stuck him in the reserves. Yet he still had 12 months left on his £90,000 contract. Now that's a waste of money.

Also Paul Robinson on £99,000 in the reserves.

£10m in wages on those two idiots. So frustrating...

Oh, and I wasn't even in the Premiership! icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wizz0:

Crazy money !!!!!!

Did you give Taarbt a go in your games? The reason I ask is that he looks like a good player but not sure if he is worth a punt or not. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

he does look like an awesome talent IRL. so young too.

i've given him a few games and he's pretty solid but doesn't really push forward a lot and has low stamina. definitely one to watch in the future though.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by thisboyshouts:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by VonBlade:

Babel for 24m is almost as stupid as Bent for 16 though. I've got a bridge I can sell you icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i can't be held responsible for spending £16m on Bent icon_biggrin.gif

But i can for offloading him to villa for £5, at what worked out as approx £450k per game icon_frown.gif

stupid game icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

so has he played 0.111111 games for you then?

On a Liverpool going down the crapper theme, my mate signed Gerrard and Owen on frees from Liverpool in an older version after they got into difficulties. I think he rather enjoyed signing them for the club he supports...Everton. I also pinched Reyes from Sevilla for about £2m around the time Arsenal shelled out £15m or so in real life as they were skint.

Crazy money !!!!!!

Did you give Taarbt a go in your games? The reason I ask is that he looks like a good player but not sure if he is worth a punt or not. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I had Taarabt on loan from Spurs for the first 3 season, avg over 7.10 per season and scored about 7-10 goals for my Saints team.

liverpool got relegated in 2009/2010 in my game, and gerrard, torres, babel and a few older players don't want to leave. took them over after rafa left, and for all the players they sold, they had no money to spend replacing them, which was stupid imo. they should have got at least £40M.

anyway, £21M + Armand Traore for Aguero was a bargin and a half, leaving me with another £60M to spend, which i didn't spend.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dregganor:

Babel is an excellent player, but not worth £24m. In my West Brom game in.. about 2012, he's down to $2m, so about £4m. I've also seen him depreciate rapidly on my other saved games that made it past 2010 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You've got that the wrong way round mate, $2,000,000 = £1,000,000. The exchange rate is roughly £1 = $0.50 icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weden:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dregganor:

Babel is an excellent player, but not worth £24m. In my West Brom game in.. about 2012, he's down to $2m, so about £4m. I've also seen him depreciate rapidly on my other saved games that made it past 2010 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You've got that the wrong way round mate, $2,000,000 = £1,000,000. The exchange rate is roughly £1 = $0.50 icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who knows what it will be in 2012 though :p

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weden:

You've got that the wrong way round mate, $2,000,000 = £1,000,000. The exchange rate is roughly £1 = $0.50 icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Shouldn't that be $1 = £0.50

icon_wink.gif

Archived