I-pad version?

Hi there i'm new on this forum, but certainly not to the FM game. Been playing since some of the very first CM editions, when you had to buy different league version in those big pc-game-boxes... Great times indeed.

To get to the point i write this because i am one of those who maybe grew up with this game and in the meantime got myself a family with 3 kids and 1(!) wife. See the problem nowadays is not so much the urge to play CM but to get time to play it. i have some time for it when the kids are sleeping, but my wife still needs me there besides her. So what are my options? Saw that fm2011 had come to the iphone and that it worked on my new "investment" the ipad. Great!

I have been playing this for a few days and as great as it is i can't help but thinking that there could be even more to a specific ipadversion. What i try to say is that i really think that there could be lots of people out there who doesn't play the "game on the go", but wants to go in at the deep end.

So my question that all this lead up to is: is there a specific ipad version of the beatiful game in the making?

Primarily what I'm asking for is a bigger database, a few more leagues running simultaneously, perhaps a go at a 3d match viewer and off course, almost no need to mention, HDgraphics.

Last i would like to say to the team that im really impressed at how you guys take time to answer almost everybody posting in this forum. Especially M.Vaughan, seeing you taking personally care off everyones wishes is just incredible. You know how legendary you are don't you ; )

• SI Staff

At present there's nothing 'set in stone' with regards to an iPad version - however I do hope that at some point we are able to release one.

At this time however the most vital thing is to support our current games as well as we can - there will be an update for FMH2011 iPhone released this month and I'm hoping to roll a new update out for it on roughly a monthly basis, ironing out any reported glitches and sneaking in a few enhancements where possible :)

Thank you for replying, I knew you would : )

I'm happy with the i-phone version for now, there are no alternatives so have to be...

I understand your point with Updating this current version, perhaps one of the enhancements you are mentioning could be HD graphics (if graphics is the right word to use for a text/number-based game...) then I'm sure Ipad users would give you a rest : )

off course I'm aware that it isn't just a case of turning up the pixelcount, so maybe it isn't as easy as I think...

I'm crossing my fingers and hoping for an Ipad version for next years edition.

Great work M.Vaughan, happy to see you guys making life a little bit sweeter for all us football-nuts.

• 1 month later...

Well, as far as I can understand tablets are pretty much getting a lot of power these days, and hopefully in the future they will be almost on par with laptops (dual and quad cores, 1Gb RAM, memory) so I am truly convinced that SI will make FM (closer to the computer game not the handheld) happen in the iPad.

I sure would be buying it!

Archived