How to make player to declare retire?

My player Shevchenko is 36 years old, I want him to retire and sign in as a coach. So I have recommend him a future coach position in private talk and he agree by asking me "can I start right right now?". I told yes, and there coaching attributes appeared in his profile.

But problem is that he wan't to sign contract as a coach, only as I player.

So,

1. Why he asked me "can I start right right now?"?

2. How to make him to retire from player? I have tried FMRTE to set him physical attributes to low an injury to high. I also changed his age to 45. Not works.

My main post has many mistakes as my English is not perfect. So here is corrected copy of the post:

My player Shevchenko is 36 years old, I want him to retire and sign in as a coach. So I have recommend him a future coach position in private talk and he agree by asking me "can I start right now?". I told yes, and there coaching attributes appeared in his profile.

But problem is that he does not want to sign up contract as a coach, only as I player.

So,

1. Why he asked me "can I start right now?" and don't want to do it after I answer "Yes"?

2. How to make him to retire from player? I have tried FMRTE to set him physical attributes to low an injury to high. I also changed his age to 45. Not works

are you sure he wont accept player/coach from the drop down menu?? I have the same problem with my players, same scenario, private chats, etc.. they NEVER agree to be just a coach after such chats if they haven't officially announced retirement yet. They only agree to be player/coaches. However, they DO agree to be playing coaches.

I posted about it elsewhere, but another user said they should agree to just a coach position. But it my case they never agree! Maybe it's because I (and you, too) still play them and they feel they are still needed as players? Maybe if we put them on the bench for entire season the outcome would be different?

<EDIT> make sure you offer them a lot of money. They are not cheap as player/coaches. If you don't offer them enough money, they will disagree to be coaches, just players. Which is understandable, as they have to do 2 jobs.

• 3 years later...

Archived