Lost the love of the game :(

Ok, any save i attempt to start i just cant go through with it because it bores me, i need to find a team that is ACTUALLY a challenge and is fun at the same time, has anyone got any ideas? ive even checked all the forums/threads for what team should i go and they ALL just bore me to hell =\

I was having the same problem started a thread myself yesterday saying the same thing but I've now found a team and thats Spurs.

Currently in 2nd with 4 to play, bought Abel Hernandez and he's been amazing. Think the signing has got me buzzing with the game again.

Only you can decide what is challenging and fun, everybody has a different opinion. Perhaps if you have tried so many already then FM in general just isn't for you anymore?

For me personally, the first game I play on a new FM is with the team I support (Liverpool), because I know I can always get emotionally involved in the game because I am so desperate for them to win every match. I don't quite get the same feeling when managing anyone else.

One of my best and most challenging games was taking a team from the lower spanish leagues to spanish champions to champions league.

Have you tried turning off your usual leagues you choose and say for example, only put on the Asian teams and leagues?

Like Usually I'll have England, Spain, Italy, Germany, Holland, Brazil and Argentina active.

But I was thinking of a new game without using these countries and tick some of the other ones?

Start with a team outside the top division, and only buy youth players under the age of 19-20, build your acadamy and try and win it all with a fully home grown team.

No chance of doing this. I've noticed that even with all the best youth set up you will never get enough through.

Ok, any save i attempt to start i just cant go through with it because it bores me, i need to find a team that is ACTUALLY a challenge and is fun at the same time, has anyone got any ideas? ive even checked all the forums/threads for what team should i go and they ALL just bore me to hell =\

I found this challenge from some other community forum and it really challenged me and im on it right now.

The goal is to win club champion of every continent. The Champions League on every continent of the world, what ever the name they are using; Europe, North America, South America, Asia and not even sure if Oceania has theyre own. And of course Africa. You have to start us unemplyed and your reputation has to be sunday footballer. If you want extra challenge, they said on the forum that you should leave English leagues out of the game and you can only use players that are same nationality as your team. I thought those were bit silly so Im only aiming to win on every continent, how ever i can.

When I started my first job was in China, Chongqing team. They were already doomed for relegation when I got the job, then got promoted back the first season and after couple games Port Vale offered me a job for some odd reason. Spent one season in League 2 and got promoted, now im halfway through the first season in League 2 and am sitting 3rd. Might start to look new job soon, a top league team from where ever the world :)

The game is bit slow, i have nearly every league selected and 115k+ players in the beginning. But sure is fun and challenging.

For how long do you try in game time?

For me it always takes a bit of time to get into a save really. When I take over I find a random squad and in the first window there is not too much to do about it. Therefore it often takes until September/October until I know the team well enough and haven't made some transfers I just then start feeling attached to it as 'my' team.

It takes a bit less for me when I start on the regeneration day after holidaying the game for 3 years. Then you have a lot more opportunities to make changes to a squad as there will still be many contracts running out which gives you a lot more flexibility at the start, even more as the restrictions of the very first window are gone.

On top of that I have always found myself to be going after the same players when starting from scratch. When starting from a later point the young talents from the start have moved to bigger clubs and are not available for cheap anymore , so you have to look for others. Also the transfer list is often similar at the start. Holidaying just offers a lot more variation.

So that may be an idea.

As a way of choosing a team to manage, try picking a team based somewhere you've visited - for instance, I've had enjoyable games managing Stade de Reims in France, Aalesund in Norway, PAOK in Greece, and nearer to home I'm currently managing York in the BSP after a trip there with my girlfriend in the autumn.

Start with a team outside the top division, and only buy youth players under the age of 19-20, build your acadamy and try and win it all with a fully home grown team.

to easy, you will then end up feeling like you have recreated wenger's flag fruit sallad and its also a somewhat unrealistic way to play

to the op, have you tried to play Athletic?

I also had problems getting into a game, and wanted a new challenge so picked a team I had never managed before the team from the town I was born in. So I have now been managing Colchester for 4 seasons and have just taken them into the Championship. They had no budget, no stand out players and no decent wage allowance so it was a real challenge compared to my usual saved games. Took a season to get "into" it properly but now really enjoying it after building my own squad and getting rid of what was there already, really starting to see some progress and now tipped to be outside chance to get into the Premiership, which would probably be my greatest achievement on FM11. (Won the champions league with spurs numerous times, as well as the league and all the cups but just felt too easy and not really earned).

So I'd recommend doing something different, but using a team that you have some sort of connection with from your past/family members etc :)

i wouldn't say that ive lost the love but i definitely got a bit bored.

That's until i gave myself the challenge of bringing a team up from blue sq conf sth all the way to the promised land.

I chose bromley and after 6 years im at the top of league 2! Can't wait till im in the epl...wonder what'll happen since the club is broke and we only have 5000 seat stadium lol, im hoping for a board takeover

Archived