Suggestion to all you Fm 11 haters..

This thread is for all you who post threads about all the bugs in this game and that there's to many new features in this year's edition of Fm.

Suggestion to people who doesn't want all the new features with agents, dynamic league rep, and so on..: Play FM 10

Suggestion to people who think SI should only release one game every third year: Play FM 10 then buy FM 13 when it comes out

A game isn't perfect and there's always going to be patches to all releases (Civ IV have 19 for example), so four or five is pretty much exellent...! And yesterday I lost a game 2-0 despite I had 6 or 7 ccc and maybe 20 more shots on goal.. What I did? Played the next game just as good and I won 4-1.. You lose some, **** happens. Maybe this will happen to a team every 10th game in a season irl, which doesn't feel to often, will feel like a lot to you hardcore gamer who runs through a season in 2 or 3 days. Then this will happen once a day, but irl the games aren't played as close as you do, that's why...

To everyone: Enojy Fm, the best job on earth ;)

This thread is for all you who post threads about all the bugs in this game and that there's to many new features in this year's edition of Fm.

Suggestion to people who doesn't want all the new features with agents, dynamic league rep, and so on..: Play FM 10

Suggestion to people who think SI should only release one game every third year: Play FM 10 then buy FM 13 when it comes out

A game isn't perfect and there's always going to be patches to all releases (Civ IV have 19 for example), so four or five is pretty much exellent...! And yesterday I lost a game 2-0 despite I had 6 or 7 ccc and maybe 20 more shots on goal.. What I did? Played the next game just as good and I won 4-1.. You lose some, **** happens. Maybe this will happen to a team every 10th game in a season irl, which doesn't feel to often, will feel like a lot to you hardcore gamer who runs through a season in 2 or 3 days. Then this will happen once a day, but irl the games aren't played as close as you do, that's why...

To everyone: Enojy Fm, the best job on earth ;)

Luckily you are not working for SI, or else they would have gone bust.

Some childish thinking you got there.

The best thing is that all the things that were wrong at the game that were made better will be even better in FM12. But FM12 will have new fangled workings for other things and there will be countless bugs and patches for that too.

I can't imagine them not realeasing a new game each season as it would have a lot of damage to their customer base.

The game has become such that it is constantly made better WITH the aid of patches. FM don't have an obligation to output patches do they? But they do, to keep the customers happy! They're basically working on all the fixes and writing new things for FM12 as we speak. And probably fixing things and patching FM12 as we speak.

It's pretty awesome what they do. How they listen to the customer etc.

If they did stop making FM12 to concentrate on FM13 then how many people would move on to something else or find another manager game to play?

I think most games nowadays have support forums where the customers can complain and most games and systems have got patch releases for them. Including software I use everyday has patches released for it.

Not like the olden days where you wait 3 years for a game to be released and play it for 4 weeks and it's done. At least now you get online action, patches to make the game work better/differntly etc. new levels (gta and other games).

It's like living in the future!

Not like when I used to buy PC games go home and install the floppy disks and then bring the game back claiming it didn't work with my system and get a full refund.

Oh those were the days.

Not like when I used to buy PC games go home and install the floppy disks and then bring the game back claiming it didn't work with my system and get a full refund.

Oh those were the days.

Ahh i remember them well. The days of approximately 57 different manager titles, the excitement of a new one and the inevitable return to champman lol

you must be playing as a top club in a high rep league then i take it. As many people seem angered by the fact that they start in a unknown country hoping to build a career and once they have a good rep they struggle to get jobs anywhere. i mean there have been times when people with World class reps in say Scotland who have won lots of trophies, they resign and try for say the Bristol City job in the championship and someone like John Hartson whos rep is national and done sweet FA and he gets the job. So i wouldnt say this was the best thread we have seen as there have been more threads about problems that need sorting than there have with people stating how great the game is.

I do understand that there are patches and SI do a great job in releasing them with the intentions of making the game playable but most people want the basics sorted when its purchased straight from the box.

[quote=jackripper;6354621. So i wouldnt say this was the best thread we have seen as there have been more threads about problems that need sorting than there have with people stating how great the game is.

In all fairness though these forums are geared more for people who want to complain/have problems as the people who think its a great game are generally at home playing on it and enjoying it so it is not really right to compare how good the game is in that way.

Most of the things are sorted out. It is playable. But it has to be released. It has a very short amount of time to be written and tested and then packaged and delivered to shops all the while working on patches.

I pay over €2000 for software that rolls out new editions every 18mths . And that constantly needs patches despite the amount of testing etc.

Even 10 or 15 years ago if I bought software and there was a bug in it I'd have to go buy a patch from a shop for x amount or "Updates" as it was called then.

In all fairness though these forums are geared more for people who want to complain/have problems as the people who think its a great game are generally at home playing on it and enjoying it so it is not really right to compare how good the game is in that way.

Yeh you never hear from the people that are genuinely happy with the game.

I rarely have a complaint, but rather a suggestion to make the game better.

@OP epic post my manm sums up my frustrations with the naysayers exactly. yes there are problems, most are minor some are big, but they are inflated out of all proportion to their effect on the game, and SI have been very good in fixing them. And if anyone wants to accuse me of fanboyism, I'm not, if this game were broken I'd be among the first on here shouting my lungs off (just like I'm doing from time to time over at CFC about Shafer_5).

Just one small quibble, it was the BtS expanison which ended up with 19 patches, original Civ IV had 74! Yes, that many, now not all were releaed to the public, mainly due to patches not working or causing more problems than they fixed. But compared to the amount that SI need, due to their more thorough approach to patching, that is just insane (and Civ IV is a game I'm still playing to death!)

Doesn't do SI's bottom line much good though, does it?

I don't know about bugs, but I've gone back to playing earlier FMs because the last few have been too much like hard work. When I want to play a game I want to have fun, which means I want to concentrate on the things I enjoy like finding and developing players and building a squad, and less time on things I don't enjoy like fine tuning tactics for every game and the knife-edge team talks. The newer games feel like an actual second job, which is fine if you're really into it but a lot of people aren't.

If SI want to keep people engaged and buying the game they're going to have to incorporate some kind of diffculty system so plug and play managers like me will come back, whilst retaining the full challenge for the really keen. All of my friends used to buy CM/FM every year, now only two or three do. If SI can appeal to those players again their profits will soar, and it's a much better strategy than taking down all the patches for the old games to make it harder for people to play. Buy our new game or we'll take our ball home!

Maybe because there are quite a few problems with FM11 at the moment and im sure once final patch is released people will praise the game and the job SI did in fixing it.

They'll go back on my Christmas card list, for sure!

Archived