Bad timing of takeover

Just finished the season and I've got a message about a possible takeover. Great news, particularly if the new guy has a bit of spare cash to invest for a push for promotion to the promised land. But because of the transfer embargo I'm unable to to any transfer dealings in terms of strengthening the squad ahead of the new season. Any idea how long this embargo will last for? My targets are being courted by other clubs and there's nothing I can do!

I had the most anti-climatic one ever just now.

Berlusconi left to be replaced by Baresi (couldnt happen IRL but whatever)

Nothing happened at all though. No changes to the accounts at all. It is just a different name now for the chairman. Didnt have an embargo or anything which was good. And for some reason, during the takeover talks, the board would accept anything I asked for. So I am getting a new stadium despite only filling the current one up about 70%. Can easily afford it though. We make about £30m a year after transfers and dividends. When i took over, we were in the red. Now we have over £100m.

It's now been going on a month. Lots of 'takeover close' and next day 'takeover on the rocks' going on. Chairman just released a statement saying it needed to be sorted quickly so we don't suffer in the transfer market. He's right, I've already missed out on 3 of my targets to other clubs and a couple more look set to agree moves elsewhere before I've even had an opportunity to offer them anything.

Next season could be a struggle if this doesn't get sorted soon...

Ah it's been lifted. I was hoping for all that waiting I'd have a tycoon takeover but alas the same old chairman and his measley budgets. Oh well, apparently we can't rule out future investment from the london-based businessman...

Archived