+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Giant Killers / Shock Cup Runs?

Third Team

Default Giant Killers / Shock Cup Runs?

In 2017 in my game, where Bradford Park Avenue have reached the last 16 of the FA Cup.

Okay, so not a giant killing per se, but still quite a shock to see a team outside of the top 6 tiers still in the comp (and they beat local rivals Bradford of League 1 along the way).

They have drawn Chelsea in the next round, so I do fear this is the end of their run...

Anyone else seen a small team have a fairytale run (and not one controlled by yourself)?
    Last edited by Kenco; 02-01-2011 at 21:52. Reason: Changed number of tiers

Amateur

Aberdeen in Champions League in 2014 and 2015.

Third Team

On FM08 I've seen Gretna in the Champions League group stages

Biggest small team cup run I've seen on FM is probably Plymouth Argyle in the quaters of the FA Cup from League 1, or maybe Bristol City being in the League Cup final on CM03/04 also in the third tier at the time.

Amateur

A little different, but Canada just won the 2014 World Cup on my Southampton save.

International Squad

Way back on CM01/02 I saw Woking reach the FA Cup Semi Finals while in the Conference.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by mteeters View Post
    A little different, but Canada just won the 2014 World Cup on my Southampton save.
    I would have liked to have £10 on them.

Third Team

Well Bradford PA went down 2-0 to Chelsea, despite having one CCC each (hope Sheva isn't reading, he'll have a field day!), so a brave effort from the minnows.

Banned

In FM08 in the first season.

Yeovil Went all the way to wembley and won the FA Cup beating Man Utd and Spurs along the way.

In my old FM11 Save

MIddlesbrough Won the League Cup against a full Chelsea Side.

Part-Timer

Im in the Norwegian Cup Semi-Final with my Hĝland team. Really shouldnt be there but have beaten squads who have just played badly against us

Amateur

Not as small as some of the other teams put out here, but in my save Wolves reached 2 FA Cup Finals on the bounce at the start of the game, so they were still a pretty rubbish side. The lost convincingly on both occasions, but I still thought it was an impressive achievement by them. They had a bit of luck with their fixtures but still beat Liverpool in a semi. Also, they came up against Nottingham Forest in their first semi, so a nice run by the latter side as well.

Part-Timer

i remember seeing australia getting to the world cup final, beating england along the way, and scotland getting to the quater finals once and being ranked 4th in the world :O

If you used the search function I started a thread on this sorta thing a couple weeks ago...

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by Ainu View Post
    Not as small as some of the other teams put out here, but in my save Wolves reached 2 FA Cup Finals on the bounce at the start of the game, so they were still a pretty rubbish side. The lost convincingly on both occasions, but I still thought it was an impressive achievement by them. They had a bit of luck with their fixtures but still beat Liverpool in a semi. Also, they came up against Nottingham Forest in their first semi, so a nice run by the latter side as well.
    Wolves also made 2 cup finals in my game in the first 6 seasons, and Forest have just qualified for the ECC after finishing 4th in the Prem.

Amateur

In my first season with Liverpool, we played and beat Peterborough 1-0 in the final. Battered them all game and when the goal came it was an o.g.

Amateur

I had a non league side in Scotland reach the Q-Finals of the Scottish Cup.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Ainu View Post
    On my old Everton save Wolves won the FA Cup twice in a row, and made a 3rd consecutive final but lost to me

Amateur

wolves have just won the fa cup against west ham on my save looks like wolves have benn doing this on other ppls save alot from other posts on this thread

Amateur

Norwich now in quarters of FA cup, where they beat Watford 2-1 in the 3rd round, Chelsea 2-0 in the 4th, and just beat Liverpool 2-1 in the 4th round despite playing half the match with 10 men. They have Tottenham up next who just beat me

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by MAINBOY View Post
    In my old FM11 Save

Middlesbrough Won the League Cup against a full Chelsea Side.
    Given Chelsea's current form, this will be a shock as you're suggesting that they will actually win a game before the season is over!

Amateur

Norwich lost to Tottenham, but Sheffield United got to the final and lost 2-0 to Man U. Their run was fairly easy though. This was all in the first season by the by

Amateur

Bristol City to the FA Cup final, where they lost to Liverpool.

Youth Team

Doncaster Rovers won the FA Cup on FM11.1

Amateur

While not a shock run this is the biggest shock defeat i've seen - and because of it Real didnt make it out of the group stages of the CL

+ Reply to Thread