Are new stadiums always bigger?

In real life, newer stadiums might have similar or smaller capacities but more modernized amenities such as luxury boxes. Any income lost from the decrease in seats is made up by additional revenue from luxury boxes, premium services such as dining, technological improvements that improve efficiency such as A/C etc

What would you say about Spartak Moscow and CSKA Moscow those are to move to their own new stadiums with capacities lower (45000 and 35000 correspondingly) than in Luzhniki Stadium (80000)?

well, considering that spartak moscow had the highest average attendance in the russian premier league with only 25k ppl, i don't think it's a bad idea to move to a 45k stadium that they have a chance to fill instead of an empty giant.

Thats completely different.

I have plenty of money to pay for it and always have. Nothing has changed there.

It's not just about having money a stadium has to be designed from scratch, it then has to be proposed to the council for planning permission, they have to loacte ideal sites for the stadium to be built if they plan to build near where people live they may need relocating new infrastructure built like roads. there is so much that has to be taken into consideration when building something it's not like sticking a shed in your garden and it's not just about having the cash. these things take time!

What is also annoying is how, it started off as a one year plan, but now it is 4.

Also IRL, these things are always being considered. Clubs are always 'planning'. IRL, Milan have been looking into a new stadium for years. So if the decison was made to go ahead. They would already know the possible sites, theyd know if they can get planning permission, and theyd know what architects to go to. (They were thinking of going with the ones that built Schalke's IRL).

On this game, its as if they are just sitting around doing nothing, and when I suggest a New Stadium, its as if I'd suggested we relocate to India or something.

Started as a one year plan and now it's 4 years... You must have a really short memory, or aren't old enough to remember the debarcal that was wembley stadium. That was AT LEAST 4 years over due and ir was costing the fa £100 million a year to look after the derelict site, and then it went something like 50% over budget. I'd love to see the thread you would make if THAT happened to you.

The Emirates Stadium was 'planned' from the 1990s when Highbury was deemed inadequate for European nights.

The site was chosen in 1999, and it took seven years until it was completed.

And let's not even talk about Wembley.

Yes, then as I said.

Every big club should start the game in the 'planning' phase.

Every big club has some sort of preliminary plans for a new stadium (unless they have moved very recently, or the existing one is perfect).

No they shouldn't because clubs in real life don't even do that. They don't just squander cash on the possibility that one day they may decide to move to a new ground. Just because your game hasn't given you your new stadium yet does not mean they should remake the game just to suit you.

I'm actually surprised you even find time to play the game with the amount of threads you start every time you find something in the game that isn't to your liking!

They have moved to a smaller capacity stadium but are relocating back to the Delle Alpi as they are having the stadium redeveloped to a smaller capacity and having the running track removed.

It's a new stadium built from the ground, on the site of the old Delle Alpi. It will have a capacity of 41.000. Some 30.000 less than the old stadium.

No they shouldn't because clubs in real life don't even do that. They don't just squander cash on the possibility that one day they may decide to move to a new ground.

A lot of clubs do. And its not squandering money. It's building for the future. So many big clubs have some sort of plans for new stadiums. Pretty much any team that has a very old stadium or one which sells out every week has looked at moving or doing extensive renovation. All the delays and problems are happening now and preventing them from starting. And the lack of funding is also.

The game should either refelct this by having the team automatically start in the planning stage, or once they do finally give the go ahead, things should move quicker.

Just doing a bit of reading and Chelsea for example, actually get 2 or 3 offers a season to relocate their stadium. So someone who owns some land or a big architect will present them with plans. So if they were to agree to it one day, it would not take too long at all to actually do it

Just doing a bit of reading and Chelsea for example, actually get 2 or 3 offers a season to relocate their stadium. So someone who owns some land or a big architect will present them with plans. So if they were to agree to it one day, it would not take too long at all to actually do it

If that's the case then why haven't they moved as they have said many times that they want to expand the Bridge but can't so surely they would be leaping at all these so called offers you claim to have read somewhere on that great reliable source the 'internet'

And surely seeing as Chelsea are bankrolled by a billionaire cash is no issue so surely by now they could have built there new stadium ??

Face facts not every club plans new stadiums for the future they look firstly at what can be done with there existing one. and a hell of a lot of clubs have more important things to spend there cash on than designing new stadiums for that one day when they just might get more fans or win a league and even if they did there are a lot complications when moving to new grounds or building them. try getting planning permission for an extension on your house or to build one and see all the compliactions and paper work you need to go through. And that's even before you get people complaining about it as there are always complaints from people when building and development is involved.

AFAIK Milan aren't planning to build a new stadium IRL. They wanted to buy San Siro though, but they can't at the moment. Inter were planning to build a new stadium, but I don't know what happened to that. Milan have never even considered to move in a new stadium, let alone planning a new one.

If that's the case then why haven't they moved as they have said many times that they want to expand the Bridge but can't so surely they would be leaping at all these so called offers

There are many reasons. Ultimately Abrahmaovic doesn't want to make that sort of investment. It would cost him a fortune and he might get bored of Chelsea, and not reap the rewards. They have certainly looked into it and had lots of proposals.

AFAIK Milan aren't planning to build a new stadium IRL. They wanted to buy San Siro though, but they can't at the moment. Inter were planning to build a new stadium, but I don't know what happened to that. Milan have never even considered to move in a new stadium, let alone planning a new one.

They aren't actively planning a move. But they do have preparation and ideas and potetial ideas and sites.

http://english.people.com.cn/200510/07/eng20051007_212984.html

That is from 2005. I'm not saying anything is concrete, but its not like it is a brand new idea. It would not take them 4 years just to plan a new stadium. They already have a lot of the ideas. The main thing stopping them IRL, is Berlusconi like Abrahamovic doesnt want to sink his money in. And also, Milan cant even fill up the San Siro.

If Milan were very rich, and attendances were up, a new one could be built in 3 years.

I assume you don't have any idea about the construction business.

Like I said, having plans is one thing. The actual execution, no matter how well you 'planned' it, will never be as easy as you think it is.

Clubs only go ahead (not plan) with a new stadium if they decide that their existing facilities are inadequate, AND they can ensure that they can get the relevant project done.

Lots of clubs have plans to have a new stadium, but they are just that, plans on paper. Whether they can get approval and funding and etc is a whole completely different matter.

Like I said, having plans is one thing. The actual execution, no matter how well you 'planned' it, will never be as easy as you think it is.

Clubs only go ahead (not plan) with a new stadium if they decide that their existing facilities are inadequate, AND they can ensure that they can get the relevant project done.

Lots of clubs have plans to have a new stadium, but they are just that, plans on paper. Whether they can get approval and funding and etc is a whole completely different matter.

I don't think Sheva lives in the real world sadly. I along with others have tried telling him this but he refuses to accept the facts. He is unfortunately one of these people who needs to complain if anything isn't going his way and when people try to help him throws it back in there faces. In this case rather than accept that his stadium in the game will take time just like in real life he would rather bitch and moan about it and then supply us with links to websites of what appear to be very unreliable sources.

Yes, but you are missing the whole point. We only go to this stage because someone was talking about how they need to spend ages looking for potential sites and all that. I'm just saying that they already have most of these ideas and plans. ONCE you get the funding (which I have), then it is just a matter of making the plans exact and getting all the relevant permissions. Not that hard. Certainly shouldn't take 4 years

I'll try to explain this to you, using the Emirates Stadium example, breaking down the timeline.

1993: Highbury upgraded to all-seater after the Taylor Report (due to Hillsborough incident requiring all stadiums in England to be upgraded). Plans in place for a new stadium after further expansion deemed impossible due to surrounding housing. Various sites considered.

1999: Site in Ashburton Grove chosen, although Arsenal also considered moving to Wembley. Said site consists of a recycling plant and Royal Mail Office which needed to be bought out. This was very expensive as the club had to fork out the bill for both facilities to be relocated and took about 3 years.

2002: Residents in Islington (the borough where Arsenal is located) protest against new stadium, with a number of lawsuits filed. Also problems with Met Police with regards to parking and access to surrounding streets on matchday. Health And Safety would not grant building permission until said issues were resolved.

2004: Groundbreaking (actual construction) begins of Emirates Stadium (you will note this is 11 years after initial plans have been proposed and 5 years after site is chosen). Structure completed in 2005, ahead of schedule and on budget.

2006: Emirates Stadium opened for use.

The Emirates is considered one of the best planned and well-constructed football stadiums of late, yet even from planning to completion took damn near 13 years. 5 years from site chosen to actual start of construction.

It is never that easy mate.

So does anyone know id it is possible on the game?

I think I saw a newsitem come along that said a club had the stadium-improvements ready, more seats or covered stands probably "with less capacity, but a better football-atmosphere".

So I guess that's a yes, and rightly so.

It surprised me actually, always thought FM didnt do this, and was a bit flawed in that department for that reason. It seems realistic to want to upgrade your stadium without nescessarily increasing the capacity. Now if only we could suggest such improvements to the board instead of just expansions.

1989: Ajax' old stadium de Meer isn't good enough anymore so they start looking for plans to build a new stadium.

1993: The plans for Amsterdam ArenA are finished and building is commenced.

1996: Building is finished. Ajax and Amsterdam stayed within their budget of 96.000.000 euro.

This doesn't say all though. Because designing the Amsterdam ArenA took 10 years, it means that the setting up the new stadium from scratch took 13 years.

The Emirates is considered one of the best planned and well-constructed football stadiums of late, yet even from planning to completion took damn near 13 years. 5 years from site chosen to actual start of construction.

It is never that easy mate.

I understand all that. My point is, a lot of clubs are already at the 1999 stage. And a lot of clubs could get things done quicker than Arsenal. It's notoriously difficult to get things like that done in London due to space constraints and the densely populated area.

Money also held Arsenal back to some extent. I

I understand all that. My point is, a lot of clubs are already at the 1999 stage. And a lot of clubs could get things done quicker than Arsenal. It's notoriously difficult to get things like that done in London due to space constraints and the densely populated area.

Money also held Arsenal back to some extent. I

But this is just it a lot of clubs are not at that stage whatsoever. Look at Liverpool they are in no stage whatsoever to move as they are still exploring all there avenues as are Tottenham at this moment. So please just accept this is how things operate all over the world and so the game is doing it's best to replicate this. You have been told you will get your new ground so in the mean time just be patient and move on from this as you have been proved wrong time and time again and your starting to get boring now.

I think I saw a newsitem come along that said a club had the stadium-improvements ready, more seats or covered stands probably "with less capacity, but a better football-atmosphere".

So I guess that's a yes, and rightly so.

It surprised me actually, always thought FM didnt do this, and was a bit flawed in that department for that reason. It seems realistic to want to upgrade your stadium without nescessarily increasing the capacity. Now if only we could suggest such improvements to the board instead of just expansions.

The problem with this is that it's not really a smaller stadium built from the ground up, it's just that they installed seats and that reduced the overall capacity of the existing stadium by getting rid of some teraces that could hold more spectators than the seats. Until this date i have never seen a team build a smaller stadium than the current one.

Are they really?

Name me the clubs who have already CONFIRMED their desired site for a new stadium, for definite.

Chelsea still can't decide whether to move to Earl's Court. Everton had problems deciding whether to go to Kirkby. And etc.

I can only remember Liverpool wanting Stanley Park, and Spurs recently confirming their chosen site.

Are they really?

Name me the clubs who have already CONFIRMED their desired site for a new stadium, for definite..

I dont see why it matters whether their 'desired' site is definite. It means nothing. It doesn't make the plans any more complete. I could say I DEFINITELY want to live in Monte Carlo, even though I have no money. And a rich guy could be stuck between New York and Tokyo, but within the week he'll have made up his mind and be off. Jut being sure of your ddesire means nothing.

Archived