[FM11] Domestic Player Bias Challenge

ToMexico!!

Its been a while since I have posted a thread in here about my current save. Having completed the Small Club to Big Club Big Nation Challenge, I have struggled to keep interest in any save since. I have decided to set myself a challenge of winning as many trophies as possible in a small selection of nations but with a few rules to abide by.

1. I can only sign home grown players*

2. I can only move to another team in another nation if the club I currently manage has a domestic player bias of 85% or greater**

3. I must win at least one trophy in each nation I manage before moving club**

*Foreigners can be signed but they must be under the age of 19 and not go the first team squad; they must acquire the nationality of the country I am playing in.

**Unless sacked

To make each move to a foreign country more of a challenge I could take over a club with lower domestic player percentage each time or increase the number of trophies I must win before moving on.

I have decided to load the following 8 European Nations.

• Belgium [to Second League]
  • Czech Republic [to Second Division]
  • England [to League 2]
  • Greece [to National B]
  • Holland [to Eerste Divisie]
  • Portugal [to Liga Orangina]
  • Romania [Liga 1 only]
  • Turkey [to First Division]

I have no preferences to the club I can begin with or the clubs I can manage in the future, so I have decided to start in Belgium with current champions Anderlecht. Predicted to finish first in the Belgian Pro League I have been given no money to spend but a nice wage budget to work with. Let the fun begin.

(I am nearing the end of my first season with Anderlecht so an update should be up later this afternoon.) and if anyone can think of a better title for this thread, suggestions are more than welcome. :thup:

thumbnail.aspx?q=327781596614&id=e18aeac033d982a45c1b77bd80c01e77&url=http%3a%2f%2fcontent9.flixster.com%2fquestion%2f64%2f45%2f92%2f6445923_std.png

Pre-Season 2010/11 - R.S.C. Anderlecht - Belgian Pro League

Finances: £5.5m

Domestic Player Bias: 59%

Real Sporting Club Anderlecht are a professional football club plying their trade in Belgium's top league, the Belgian Pro League. They are the most successful Belgian football club to date both domestically and in European competition, having won the Belgium championship 30 times and

winning the European Cup Winners Cup on two occasions plus the UEFA cup on just one occasion. In real life they are ranked 45th in the European Co-efficient.

Based in the Belgian capital Brussels they play their home games at the Constant Vanden Stock Stadium which has a capacity of 26,361. They have average training facilities but do possess a good youth setup along with a youth academy. They also boast an established youth recruitment setup. Their youth setup is considered as one of the best around and one which will help me in my quest to create an all Belgian squad.

thumbnail.aspx?q=407889773883&id=74e2e4c6053e108c62fd1b41dd262f46&url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.uefa.com%2fMultimediaFiles%2fPhoto%2ffootballeurope%2fFootballEurope%2f68%2f57%2f63%2f685763_w2.jpg

With very little money in the bank I have no money to spend on players, so a sell to buy policy will be used, only selling foreign players of course. I already have a decent Belgian base to build upon with the likes of Proto in goal, Deschacht in defence, Legear in midfield and the talent that is Lukaku up front. I will need to win some big trophies or at least progress quite far in Europe for a few seasons to try and attract the Belgian players back to their homeland, the likes of Fellaini, Alderwield and that Belgian gem in Eden Hazard.

thumbnail.aspx?q=327781596614&id=e18aeac033d982a45c1b77bd80c01e77&url=http%3a%2f%2fcontent9.flixster.com%2fquestion%2f64%2f45%2f92%2f6445923_std.png

2010/11 - R.S.C. Anderlecht - Belgian Pro League

Transfers - 3 IN for 3.4m & 6 OUT for 4.9m

4 players left the club for good and 2 on loan. We gained 4m from the sale of Mbark Boussoufa to Napoli and 800k for Kanu (a Brazilian one) to Sporting CP. Just 3 players joined as I had to sell to buy. First in was Mats Rits, the 17 year old MC would be a perfet understudy to the partnership of Biglia/Polak in central midfield. With a vacant AML spot to fill I tried to sign Thorgen Hazard but alas we failed as Man Utd came in for him and off he trotted to the reserves bench before being loaned out to Hartlepool. :thup: I struck deals for Sint Truidense player Nils Schouterden (700k) who would be back up to Nill De Pauw who I signed from Lokeren for 1.2m.

Belgian Super Cup - Winners v AA Gent

My first competitive match as Anderlecht boss and my players first in my preferred formation. To say we struggled was maybe a little harsh but it was true although we did come away with a 1-0 win and a trophy to boot.

Belgian Pro League - Winners

We struggled to really find our feet in the league with this new formation but I persevered and we eventually managed to finish top of the league. All for me to have forgotten there was then a Championship Group to play through, another 10 games against the other top 5 clubs in the league. Not going into much detail but we were pushed all the way by Standard Liege but a win midway in the Championship Group over them put us 4 points ahead, some leeway at last. Standard fell away after losing to Mechelen a week later then drawing with Club Brugge, allowing us the luxury to even lose to Club Brugge. Championship Group Table

Belgium Cup - Winners

We beat Hoogstraten, Zultre Waregam, Westerlo and Germinal Beerschot on the way to a final with Standard. We took the lead early on through Polak. Standard equalised in the second half before left wing wizard scored with 10 minutes to go. Standard had two players sent off to kill their chances of a comeback off.

Champions League - Play-Offs

We were drawn against Debrecen in the 3rd Qualifying Round. We drew 2-2 away in Hungary before demolishing them 4-1 back in Belgium, Lukaku scoring a brace. We were rewarded with a tie against Red Bull Salzburg. They were just that little bit too strong for us, beating 1-0 in both home and away legs. We were rewarded with a being put in the Europa League.

Europa League - Group Stage

We were placed in a group with Juventus, Lokomotiv Moscow and Dinamo Minsk. We got off to a perfect start, although falling behind we beat Lokomotiv in Moscow 3-1. We however then lost to both Juventus and Dinamo Minsk, before the reverse fixtures started. A poor 2-2 draw at home to Minsk gave us little hope to qualify, we needed to win both the remaining games. We managed to beat Lokomotiv 2-0, Suarez and Mazuch with the goals. We definately needed to win the last game with Minsk getting a result against Juventus. We lost 2-0 in Italy, we were knocked out in 3rd place.

Squad/Stats

Top Scorer - Lukaku, 24

Most Assists - Suarez, 13

Most MOM - Lukaku & Legear both 7

Ave Rating - Legear, 7.38

Signings first Season - Nill De Pauw | Mats Rits | Nils Schouterden

Finances - Badly in the red, we lost big money over the course of the season. We started with a decent amount but when loan repayments started we lost money left right and centre to end up around 12m in debt, the board did help by injecting some cash to help run the club. However we did receive a nice boost when prize money of 4.5m was paid in for the Pro League win.

Facts

Domestic Player Bias: 66% up7%

Nationalities Represetned: 14

Estimated Value: 26m

Season Ticket Holders: 21485

Season  | Club            | League              | Pos  | Cup       | Europe        | DPB | Other
2010/11 | Anderlecht      | Belgian Pro League  | 1st  | Winners   | n/a           | 66% | Super Cup Winners

Archived