Miles Jacobson - O.B.E.

• SI Staff

Paul and I are delighted to be able to announce that Miles has been awarded an O.B.E in the New Year's honours list for services to the games industry.

We think this is very much deserved for all the hard work involved in not only establishing a good sense of business to a raw and young Sports Interactive all those years ago, but also evolving the studio into an equal and more professional partner with its publisher and also a responsible one, via the involvement with various charities, as well as taking away the things we don't like doing to allow us to concentrate on coding!

The honour is also deserved recognition for lots of other work Miles has done away from SI over the years on the BAFTA games committee, Develop advisory board and as a founding trustee of GamesAid as well as many other advisory committees.

Oh, apparently he was in the frame for a knighthood but they didn't have a platform high enough to allow the appropriate member of the Royal Family to reach his shoulder with their sword so they settled for the O.B.E. instead :)

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh, apparently he was in the frame for a knighthood but they didn't have a platform high enough to allow the appropriate member of the Royal Family to reach his shoulder with their sword so they settled for the O.B.E. instead :)

damn you, leaving no room for us to make our own jokes about how small he is :D.

Guest roberto922

Hahahaha, insane choice. Makes the honour that old chippy owner got a few years back seem reasonable. Bet she's had more food nicked off her table too

"You stand here before me ready to receive your OBE. Surely this is a dream for you?"

"I wouldn't say it was a dream exactly, the opportunity arose but it's just a job."

"Sorry?"

"I think it would be ideal for you to move to Sports Interactive, Your Majesty, I have a great friendship with you."

"I'm afraid I don't understand."

"I want all my players to know that my door is always open and they can come to me with anything. I'm going to re-shape this palace from top to bottom."

I don't think I've ever put so much effort into something so unfunny.

Thank you to all those congratulating.

It really is very humbling, and is further recognition for the whole SI team around the world. I'm a bit lost for words at the moment, so I'll leave it at that for now.

i made a tribute video for you on youtube weldone mate keep up the great work. also whats your thoughts on the option of being a chaiorman in football manager is it possible or is it a no no. i think it would be worth a try to be honest if it fails then thats the end of it.

Sorry to sound like an idiot, but I'm American and wanted to know what an O.B.E. is?

If its an award congrats on your well deserved award. Keep churning out those top notch games.

Congratulations again from a loyal fan of your FM games Sir.

I don't think I believe that he was going to get a knighthood. An O.B.E is quite good by itself so there is really no reason to embellish the story like that is there?
quote_icon.png Originally Posted by heathxxx

I'd report a data issue there too. I'm sure Hollywood Hulk Hogan is American ;)

quote_icon.png Originally Posted by wallywackyman

I think he named himself that. Hulk Hogan is not involved in football management.

This guy's going to become a forum legend for his stunning capacity to miss the joke.

And many congrats to Miles on being awarded an Order of the British Empire.

Archived