[FM11] Sailin round the world for football 2.0!

deadfncat

got up this morning, had some breakfast, went down the gym and got home to play some FM

"The save can not be loaded"

Was the same on all 3 files. So ****ed right now about it, as I was just starting to get into it.

With my crazy FM addiction, this just means I need to start a new game :\ oh well.

I am going to load about the same amount of leagues, but have taken out the American Premier League and set the English League to view only. Here They are.

Will be holidaying at the start until I get a job wherever :D

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awards

NPL Manager of the Year - 2015, 2016 w/Høland, 2019 w/Vålerenga

Silverware

Norwegian Premier League - 2016 w/Høland, 2018 ,2019 w/Vålerenga, 2020,2021 w/Rosenborg

Norwegian Cup - 2014, 2016 w/Høland, 2018 ,2019 w/Vålerenga, 2021 w/Rosenborg

Superfinalen - 2020,2022 w/Rosenborg

Serie C Cup - 2025 w/ Gela

International Silverware

African Nations Cup - 2017 w/ Egypt

Asian Cup - 2023, 2027 w/ Australia

History

Season       Team                       Country                  League                 League Finish             Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011         Høland                     Norway      Norwegian Second Division Group 1      8th                  Qtr Final Norwegian Cup             
2012         Høland                     Norway      Norwegian Second Division Group 1      1st                  Semi Final Norwegian Cup
2013         Høland                     Norway        Norwegian First Division             2nd                  Promoted at 2nd place
2014         Høland                     Norway        Norwegian Premier Division          12th                  Norwegian Cup winners!
2015         Høland                     Norway        Norwegian Premier Division          2nd                     Euro Cup Group Stage
2016         Høland                     Norway        Norwegian Premier Division          1st                     Champions!/Norwegian Cup/Euro Cup Group Stage
2017         Høland                     Norway        Norwegian Premier Division          4th                     Champions League Group Stage
2018        Vålerenga                   Norway        Norwegian Premier Division          1st                     Norwegian Cup winners  
2019        Vålerenga                   Norway        Norwegian Premier Division          1st                     Norwegian Cup winners/Champions League 3/4 in Grp Stage
2020        Rosenborg                   Norway        Norwegian Premier Division          1st                     NPL Champions/Europa League 1st Knockout rnd
2021        Rosenborg                   Norway        Norwegian Premier Division          1st                     NPL Champions/Norwegian Cup Winners/UEFA Champions League knockout round 1
2022        Rosenborg                   Norway        Norwegian Premier Division          1st                     NPL Champions/UEFA Champions League 1st Knockout Round
2023/24       Gela                      Italy            Italian Serie C2/C               2nd                     Promoted Via Playoffs
2024/25       Gela                      Italy            Italian Serie C1/B               2nd                     Promoted Via Playoffs/Italian Serie C Cup
2025/26       Gela                      Italy            Italian Serie B                  16th                    nil
2026/27       Gela                      Italy            Italian Serie B                  12th                    Italian Cup Qtr Final

Signed with Høland IL in the Norwegian Second Division on the 20th of January 2011.

hland.png

Norwegian Second Division Group 1 - 2011 : Preview

League expectation

-------------------------

Norwegian Second Division Group 2 : Board expectation - Bravely fight against relagation : Media expectation - 14th (out of 14) 100-1 odds to win the title

Cup expectations

---------------------

Norwegian Cup : First Round

Transfer budget : AUD$20k

Wage budget : $7889 p/w

Current wage bill : $4372 p/w

The only staff at the club at the moment is me and the chairman and he is looking to leave, so I have to start from scratch which I quite like. I've put ads out for ass man, coach, scout and physio.

Hardly have any players as well which I guess can be good, but I need to get some scouts working ASAP.

Asian Cup 2011

Holders - Iraq - Hosts Qatar

Australian Games

Australia 3-1 China

Australia 0-3 Iran

Australia 2-3 South Korea

Qtr Final

Japan 0-1 Iran

South Korea 3-0 India

Iraq 1-3 Bahrain

Qatar 2-0 Kuwait

Semi Final

Iran 2-0 Bahrain

South Korea 1-0 Qatar

3rd Place

Qatar 2-1 Bahrain

Final

South Korea 1-0 Iran

Australia will host the Next Asian Cup.

Australia had no Manager during the Cup. WTF!

Mid-Season Update

We started off poorly with a 4 game losing streak but have turned things around after 15 games with a few wins against higher ranked teams doing a lot of good we look set to finish in a respectable position and not be relagated as the pre season media thought we would be.

We've had a storming run in the Norwegian Cup and finally went down to #1 Premier Division side Vålerenga after defeating the likes of Premier Division mid table side Lilestrøm and First Division side Bodø-Glimt, both in nailbiting penalty shootouts.

The Cup run helped our coffers a HEAP with AUD$440000 just for reaching the 1/4 final and a boatload of cash from gate receipts.

I have remade the whole team and nearly the whole original team has been shown the door or transfer listed and waiting until their contracts run out. There arent many Norwegian faces left in the club, but that doesnt bother me in the slightest and the Chairman doesnt seem to mind either as he just wants wins and I think he nearly had a stroke when we were given the 440k from the Cup.

Was just beaten 4-1 by Forde who just had a news item come up telling me they had set a record by not winning in 18 games :\ Probably the lowlight of my season even though we are doing pretty well. Just badly inconsistant

Building season and it showed. Were horrid at the start and even when we played well and got into a bit of a roll, I didnt trust the team to put away even the worst teams in the league. Lost 4-1 to Førde at home and they were sitting right at the bottom of the ladder.

We could have ended up at a good position, even with 3rd or 4th but dropped the last five games and ended up in 8th which was disapointing.

League Table

League Positions

Fixtures

norwegiancup.png

Started with a game against non-league Fana and only just won. Then drew Premier League Lilestrom and expected to go out badly. Instead we played our heads off and Lilestrøm were terrible and we went through to penalties and ended up winning somehow. Great result. Next was a great game against fellow Second Div team Valdres and we won easily 3-1 then drew First Div Bodø-Glimt and another super close game taken to penalties and we were through to the Qtr Finals. We drew Vålerenga who were 1st in the Premier Division at the time and were totally outmatched and lost 0-5. Gained nearly 600k total from the Cup run which was fantastic.

Squad - Horrible but 1000x times better than we were at first. Still need a huge recruiting drive if we want promotion.

Key Player Profiles

Leandro Depetis - Started off badly when I brought him in but ended up one of my best players towards the end of the season.

Players of the Season

Diego - Fantastic Brazilian goal scoring machine

Transfers - Brought in heaps on frees and cut all the crap.

Career Overview

Season       Team                       Country                  League                 League Finish             Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011         Høland                     Norway      Norwegian Second Division Group 1      8th                  Qtr Final Norwegian Cup             

Next Season

Definatly need to be promoted, not a fan of playing against reserve squads.

build the squad more

Earn more cash in Cup run to get money for stadium upgrades

Major Competition Winners

Premier League - Liverpool

F.A Cup - Liverpool

Champions League - Barcelona

Europa League - Man City

Norwegian Premier League - Rosenborg

Norwegian First Division - Stabæk

Norwegian Second Division Group 1 - Notodden

Norwegian Cup - Stabæk

Ligue 1 - OL

A-League - Adelaide United/Adelaide United

LIGA BBVA - Barcelona

Serie A - Inter

South African Premier League - Sundowns

Good luck dude. Great results for you in the cup!

thanks. yeh it did help the bank a lot. My last game taught me that once we get to the First Division we need more seating and undersoil heating, so I know the hit to the bank is coming. Its all about being prepared now I think ;)

hland.png

Norwegian Second Division Group 1 - 2012 : Preview

League expectation

Norwegian Second Division Group 1 : Board expectation - Respectable League Position : Media expectation - 13th (out of 14) 100-1 odds to win the title. (Still :\)

Cup expectations

---------------------

Norwegian Cup : First Round

Transfer budget : AUD$40k

Wage budget : $12850 p/w

Current wage bill : $10112 p/w

After an average but expected season last year, my sole focus this season is on promotion. With my last save I saw the difference between the leagues and it is quite large, so I need to get up there and stabilise. I am still building my squad and my reserve bench is still full of nobodies which makes consistant good football hard, but I am trying to fix that at the moment. The board has offered me more money this season to pay my players but it is just sinking us further into debt which doesnt help either. We will need another decent cup run this season and as I am writing this we have just gotten into the third round and have a Premier Division team to beat, but have also shown that we have done that before. After finishing the season last year with over 500k in the bank, I am now down to $135k even after moneyspinning (as much as possible) some friendlies in the offseason and trying to cut back on the teams M&M addicition.

With the squad still decidely average, Young local striker Argjent Ahmeti has shown some promise, scoring a hatrick in a cup game and another in a league game against the bottom team. I might be starting him from now and see how he does in the long run, but it is promising.

I wasnt expecting much this season, Maybe a top half finish, but after a wierd start we had a storming run and went into October with only 3 games down. After that we got cocky and let the lead slip, and as it turns out we ended up lucky on the last day of the season. We had to beat Kjelsas and needed Raufoss to lose to Asane. Everything fell into place and we slotted into first position to be promoted. Woohoo!

League Table

League Positions

Fixtures

norwegiancup.png

Another crazy wierd year of the Cup with us going all the way to the Semi Final. We didnt even have the close penalty games like last season and Premier Division side Haugsundd were demolished 3-0 in the third round. Lov-Ham loved the pork to much and went down 2-0 then First division Alta were dismantled 4-0. We had Rosenborg in the Semi who were fresh off a Champions League group stage and while we were able to sneak two past them, we went down 5-2.

Squad - Need to replace the keeper and the defence, even though they did ok this season they will be outclassed next year.

Key Player Profiles

Leandro Depetis - Paid the most in the team, but he is well worth it. Fantastic player for this level.

Diego - starting to slack off this season. Might look to sell him.

Players of the Season

Argjent Ahmeti - My Norwegian prodigy. Kid LOVES to score goals, its fantastic.

Transfers - slowly building the squad

Career Overview

2012         Høland                     Norway      Norwegian Second Division Group 1      1st                  Semi Final Norwegian Cup

roarm.png

awesome!!

Next Season

Money Money Money

Cup Semi Again

Maybe move to a bigger club

Olympics! - Brazil 2-0 Holland

Premier League - Man Utd (Blackburn 2nd :o)

F.A Cup - Man Utd

Champions League - Liverpool

Europa League - Atletico Madrid

Norwegian Premier League - Molde

Norwegian First Division - Start

Norwegian Second Division Group 1 - Høland IL

Norwegian Cup - Rosenborg

Ligue 1 - OL

A-League - Central Coast/Central Coast

LIGA BBVA - Barcelona

Serie A - Roma

South African Premier League - Swallows

Arghhh Lost power and lost a week. Lucky nothing happened during that time!! ;)

Great league win dude! I had a fantastic career on FM06 with Kristiansund BK.

Thanks dude. Its a fun league. Love the crazy names and logos of the teams :)

upgradey.png

Undersoil Heating + seating.

I knew this was coming, but it still hurts. Maybe need the final this season to pay for it

*edit* board gave me 700k! awesome

Yeh I want to get a job at Løv-Ham. I LOVE HAM. Its great!

Surely seems like a perfect position.

I made a few key signings in the offseason and they seem to be working gangbusters. Teams is playing amazing football right now and notcrazy struggling like I expected us to be in a new division. Maybe even promotion on the cards ;)

Just beat Skarbøvik in the League game 1-0. They were promoted in 2011 to First Division and have been there since :D

hland.png

Norwegian First Division - 2013 : Preview

League expectation

Norwegian Second Division Group 1 : Board expectation - Respectable League Position : Media expectation - 16th (out of 16) 200-1 odds to win the title.

Cup expectations

---------------------

Norwegian Cup : Second Round

Transfer budget : AUD$0

Wage budget : $19000 p/w

Current wage bill : $13100 p/w

Not expecting much this season, but need to stay up at all costs. Will be applying for U19s, u23s jobs as they come up. Want rep to try and get a bigger job.

*posting this as I near the end of the season. Forgot to put it in ;)*

This was unexpected. I made a few signings then out of nowhere the team just worked. Every game we got going fantasticly and unlike last season when we were down we rallied a lot and came back with wins.

Ended up getting really lucky again at the end of the season when we only just held onto second place. We were up 1-0 on Sandefjord then a quick goal then another one in injury time stole the win from us. The lucky part was that Bodø-Glimt had a loss in the last game and kept us in the promotion race.

League Table

League Positions

Fixtures

norwegiancup.png

Disapointing early loss. The promotion makes it turn out ok though.

Squad - Suprising and awesome. They are playing well together

Key Player Profiles

Bernardo - Great defender who LOVES to score goals. Great kid

Conny Månsson - Keeper upgrade and a great signing

Players of the Season

Christian La Torre - Fantastic Peruvian striker. LOVE this kid. He is killing it. I had little hope in him at all, but he has killed it.

Transfers - Did some amazing signings in the offseason. Mostly foreign and I'm maxing the overseas limit of players :\

Career Overview

2012         Høland                     Norway        Norwegian First Division             2nd                  Promoted at 2nd place

New Stadium!

stadiumr.png

Next Season

DONT GET RELAGATED

$$$$

Maybe look for a bigger club or just an international job

Premier League - Arsenal

F.A Cup - Chelsea

Champions League - Atletico Madrid

Europa League - OM

Norwegian Premier League - Brann

Norwegian First Division - Randaberg

Norwegian Cup - Stabæk

Ligue 1 - OL

A-League - Sydney/Sydney

LIGA BBVA - Barcelona

Serie A - Roma

South African Premier League - Ajax CT

hland.png

Norwegian Premier Division - 2014 : Preview

League expectation

NorwegianPremier Division : Board expectation - Mid-Table : Media expectation - 16th (out of 16) 5000-1 odds to win the title.

Cup expectations

---------------------

Norwegian Cup : Second Round

Transfer budget : AUD$368k

Wage budget : $33021 p/w

Current wage bill : $25621 p/w

Last year was a massive shock but a great one. This season is all about survival. If I get offered a chance at a bigger Premier League squad I will jump on it, but I beleive this team has what it takes. With our new Premier Division sized budget, I think we can tkae it to the big kids in the Cup this season, but will just have to wait and see. After 4 league games, I am 1-0-3 which isnt so bad but I havent played any of the big teams yet

World Cup 2014

Holders Spain - Hosts Brazil

Second Round

England e2-1 Brazil

Mexico 2-0 N.Ireland

Paraguay 3-2 Canada

Argentina 0-0p Portugal

Japan 0-1 Germany

Italy p0-0 Chile

Belgium 3-2 Uruguay

France 2-1 Holland

Qtr-Finals

England 1-2 Portugal

Mexico 0-0p Paraguay

Germany 2-0 France

Italy p0-0 Belgium

Semi-Finals

Portugal 1-0 Italy

Paraguay 0-1 Germany

3rd Place Playoff

Italy 0-3 Paraguay

Final

Portugal 1-1p Germany

Wowsers there were quite a few games go down to penalties :p

After only one season in the First Division, this season was going to be tough. We did well in the Cup, but struggled to find consistancy during the season. We were lucky to stay up and playing poorly against bad teams made our struggles even worse. Next season we have our new stadium and have quite a few average players coming off contract, so our money can be spent better elsewhere.

League Table

League Positions

Fixtures

norwegiancup.png

Great run. We didn't start out well and had to take it to extra time to beat minnows Orkla, but with a few new players in the squad it would take time to gel. After that we were fine up until we got to Tromso. They had proven difficult in the League game we had played against them and after a tense 3-3 draw, we snagged it in penalties. Aalesund in the final was going to be hard as they finished at 8th on the ladder, but had soundly beaten us twice during the season. I think they must have had a slump though, as they were flying high at about 2nd or 3rd for awhile before slipping away and after 10 minutes of the game we were dominating. An early 15th minute goal and we decided to park the bus on them and then another just after the half sealed it for us and gave us our first silverware and a huge cash influx which was very welcome.

Squad - Not great for this league but worked better towards the end of the season as the new players learnt the formations etc.

Key Player Profiles

Bernardo - Fantastic and will remain the captain for the time being.

Conny Månsson - About to become a Norwegian Citizen which will help a bunch. Still awesome and will only replace him if someone amazing comes along.

Oliver Bozanic - Great Australian Midfielder I signed from Central Coast Mariners. Has fantastic skills and is only 25 so he has a lot in front of him.

Players of the Season

Christian La Torre - Keeps getting better.

Transfers -

Career Overview

2013         Høland                     Norway        Norwegian First Division             2nd                  Promoted at 2nd place
2014         Høland                     Norway        Norwegian Premier Division          12th                  Norwegian Cup winners!

Next Season

Euro Cup = Cash. hopefully we dont embarass ourselves.

We need money to upgrade the facilities. I was expecting to haul butt outta here asap but I kind of like it now and can take this club to the top

Start to build a top level squad who can compete with the big boys

Premier League - Arsenal

F.A Cup - Man Utd

Champions League - Arsenal

Europa League - OM

Norwegian First Division - Bødo-Glimt

Norwegian Cup - Høland IL

Ligue 1 - OL

A-League - Adelaide/Newcastle

LIGA BBVA - Barcelona

Serie A - Roma

South African Premier League - Supersport Utd

Great season that is there, respectable league position that you can build on. What can I say about the cup? Great! Hopefully you can knock a few teams past you and get some money. I think top 8 next season would do you nicely. Best of luck!

hland.png

Norwegian Premier Division - 2015 : Preview

League expectation

NorwegianPremier Division : Board expectation - Safe Mid-Table : Media expectation - 16th (out of 16) 2000-1 odds to win the title.

Cup expectations

---------------------

Norwegian Cup : Third Round

Norwegian Super Cup - Learn from Experience

Transfer budget : AUD$3.8mil

Wage budget : $48k p/w

Current wage bill : $47k p/w

I'm really starting to like this side and although it does need a lot of work, we can make it work. I have the EURO cup this season and the board gave me enough money to do whatever I wanted. The only limitation is that no one super awesome wants to sign for me, but I've made some good signings nonetheless and picked up some youngsters in the process who should become good footballers in the future. My main drawback at the moment is that I'm only allowed to register 11 non home grown players for the league, which seriously limits how I sign players and means that I need to sign quite a few Norwegian players. I've tried to poach a few from the top clubs, but they dont want to come and play for me even when I pay top dollar for them as my rep cant be all that high just yet.

This pre-season I didnt play many games, but did have a great game against German side FC Kaiserslautern who demolished me 3-0 but it was a fun game and I played a mostly B team. As I write this, Its the day before the Super Cup Final which is played between the winner of the Norwegian Premier Division and the winner of the Norwegian Cup, Holand IL vs Rosenborg (who beat me twice solidly last season). It should be a great game.

We have our new stadium now and should have new training facilities unveiled in a month or two, so now its time for some football!!

Egypt_FA.png

Egyptian National Football Team

National Ranking : 45th

I took this job after the last coach had been sacked following a dismal performance in the African Nations Cup. Egypt had three draws against South Africa, Gabon and DR Congo and failed to advance past the group stage which was very Disapointing. I want to take the squad up in the ranking and stick with them for at least some of the World Cup Qualifiers which should be scheduled for next year.

Star Player - Walid Hosny - 20 YO MC currently playing for Man Utd and worth $32.5 mil

Its currently 12:37am and im super tired. Nothing to do tomorrow so I might sleep and wake up so I can keep playing :)

Lost the Super Cup 1-0 in overtime :( was super fun though and shows I'm starting to be able to play against the big kids. Just won my first game against Strømsgodset. Might play a few more then bed ;)

hland.png

Høland IL - Norwegian Premier Division - 2015

I knew with the squad we had if I made a few tweaks we could make a real run at the title this season and we did it from day One. A loss in the Super Cup was disapointing but our form was pretty consistant throughout the season and an eight game unbeaten streak at the end of the season sealed the win for us. The only thing holding us back at the moment is depth due to the high amount of fixture congestion at the moment and the lack of a standout player. We need someone who is a league leader in their position to really blaze the way for us. We struggled in the Euro Cup as we didnt have the skills to overpower some of the teams and were swamped by their attack at times.

League Table

League Positions

Fixtures

Finances

Super Cup

Played high flyers Rosenborg wh loved to thrash us and I was hoping to get the new season off to a flyer with an upset. Sadly it wasn't to be although we did take them into extra time when they snuck one in on us. Disapointing, but a good effort.

norwegiancup.png

Early loss to Hodd in the Second round was disapointing but had to happen eventually with our Euro Cup commitments.

eurocuplogo.png

Group Stage Table

Fixtures

We drew Ajax in our first game and I didn't think we had a chance in hell. Two early goals to the home side showed we were being outclassed and our Euro Cup dreams were fading fast as we went into the dressing rooms as half time. The boys spoke about pride and showing these Dutch boys how to play football and we went out in the second half a team possessed. Castro got us on the board with a fantastic header then Addy gifted us an own goal to take us level. On the 69th minute, Holand darling Christian La Torre blasted one in to take us in the lead. The next 24 minutes were the most nerve racking of my life as we held of wave after wave of Ajax attack but we held on and took a 3-2 lead into the second leg. We were disapointed when we had out home leg and only half filled the stadium. The squad was wondering if the last performance was just a fluke and when La Torre was marched off and Ajax given a penalty shot, we werent looking good. Luckily, Sammir blasted it wide and the boys knew that a draw would keep us in the game. We held on until they netted one in the 65th and somehow kept them out for the rest of the game with only 10 men. We advance on away goals! huzzah!

Next up was Belgium powerhouse Club Brugge with another game we were heavily favoured to lose. A 1-1 draw at home was a fantastic result and we went into the away leg full of hope. A 2-2 draw was enough and we were advancing again against all odds on away goals.

We drew AEK, Sampdoria and FC RB Salzburg in our group and we didn't expect much, we just wanted to learn from the experience. The six games werent very memorable, except for us keeping a clean sheet against a depleted Sampdoria and walking away with a 0-0 draw.

A great experience and a fantastic boost to the coffers

Squad - Great squad. The Euro Cup run and another good season in the NPL should help our rep enough to let me poach some players from other Norwegian teams.

Key Player Profiles

Bernardo - Love this guy. He is fantastic and I dont think he will get much better, but that doesnt matter for this league.

Jan Kjell Larsen - My aim for a keeper replacement was to find a Norwegian who was better than our old guy so we would have an extra HG spot on the squad. Larsen is fantastic between the sticks and will be here for awhile.

Slobodan Mandic - Serbian striker who joined halfway through the season and scored most of our goals. He is fantastic.

Players of the Season

Christian La Torre - Keeps getting better. A mid season injury for a month or two hindered his progress, but I'm suprised he hasnt had an international callup

Transfers - Brought in a few young guys to teach. Upgrading youth facilities over the break should help with their development

Career Overview

2015         Høland                     Norway        Norwegian Premier Division          2nd                     Euro Cup Group Stage

Another Stadium Upgrade.

Next Season

Facilities upgrade. They are still substandard compared to other squad

Poach Norwegian players from wherever I can

Advance past the Group Stage of the Euro Cup

Take the Title

Premier League - Man City

F.A Cup - Liverpool

Champions League - Barcelona

Europa League - PSG (This is the season before I played)

Norwegian First Division - Haugesund

Norwegian Cup - Odd

Ligue 1 - OM

A-League - Central Coast/Central Coast

LIGA BBVA - Real Madrid

Serie A - Palermo

South African Premier League - Kaizer Chiefs

International Management

Egypt_FA.png

Egyptian National Football Team

National Ranking : 52nd

Fixtures

Squad

We did well and have only lost 1 game all season. I took charge after the Africa Nations Cup and will lead Egypt to the World Cup in 2018 hopefully. For now its about increasing our ranking.

The teams we played this season weren't all that difficult and our only real challenges were Australia and Belgium. For the Australia game we were missing a few players who werent allowed by their clubs to play so we went down in a bad 2-0 loss. The Belgium game was fantastic against a team ranked 18th in the world.

Archived