Updating!

Just wondering if anybody can tell me if u will be able to update the FM Heldheld? or will we have to wait for a new version to be released everytime?

Just wondering if anybody can tell me if u will be able to update the FM Heldheld? or will we have to wait for a new version to be released everytime?

Si have stated there will be NO way of updating the data of FM Handheld, officialy or unofficialy

However the game is of course up-to-date

- Personally im very dissapointed, when the season starts back up in august and youve played a few games, you will start a new one, with out-of-date data, i wouldnt expect SI to do the updates, but at least a way of updating it,

Or even better, a small, editor which just allows you to just move players, simply move players

However this desicion which makes it strange since Xbox360 version can be updated leads to the question... will they release it again at the end of the year,with a few more enhancements in co-oridianting the PC release for even maybe both platforms (360 + psp) so gradually it becomes more and more in-sync with PC release which i know they want

Si have stated there will be NO way of updating the data of FM Handheld, officialy or unofficialy

However the game is of course up-to-date

- Personally im very dissapointed, when the season starts back up in august and youve played a few games, you will start a new one, with out-of-date data, i wouldnt expect SI to do the updates, but at least a way of updating it,

Or even better, a small, editor which just allows you to just move players, simply move players

However this desicion which makes it strange since Xbox360 version can be updated leads to the question... will they release it again at the end of the year,with a few more enhancements in co-oridianting the PC release for even maybe both platforms (360 + psp) so gradually it becomes more and more in-sync with PC release which i know they want

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by presumingpete:

i have to admit im disappointed, i've always liked cheating and giving myself £30m to spend when i start </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL icon_biggrin.gif

If you do well enough then you'll find there are various 'unlockable' things which you can setup - one of these is the 'sugar daddy' option which is roughly the same as setting "SUGAR_DADDY" in the config file for the PC version .... so your cheating can continue (if you're good enough to be able to unlock that option icon_wink.gif ).

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cuidado-:

The unlockables, can you tell us more about them? Are there many? I hope all of them are "possible" to do, ie NOT going from div 2 to cl victory in 2 years etc? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We haven't announced them all yet but will undoubtably let them out of the bag at some point (PR chaps choice of when really unless you lot beat them to it icon_wink.gif ).

They're all possible with a competant player in charge of the club ... as usual some are easier than others.

will you be releasing update patches i.e when the 06/07 season starts up, which can be downloaded to the psp like the PC version?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Garrym:

will you be releasing update patches i.e when the 06/07 season starts up, which can be downloaded to the psp like the PC version? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Erm...no, check what's already been said about this in this thread and others. No updates whatsoever in this first edition of the PSP FM game.

Btw we don't even know when they will release the second edition for PSP i.e. at the start of a season or after the Jan transfer window like this first edition.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Marc Vaughan:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cuidado-:

The unlockables, can you tell us more about them? Are there many? I hope all of them are "possible" to do, ie NOT going from div 2 to cl victory in 2 years etc? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We haven't announced them all yet but will undoubtably let them out of the bag at some point (PR chaps choice of when really unless you lot beat them to it icon_wink.gif ).

They're all possible with a competant player in charge of the club ... as usual some are easier than others. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

damn looks like i'll be downloading other peoples option files then icon_smile.gif

Personally, I think that SI should look into making patches for the new versions of fm, which can be downloaded onto the psp. Whether this is possible or not is a different matter, but in my mind, there is nothing worse than getting a game and then realising there is a glitch with unrealistic comebacks, which mean that you hate the game and so you have lost the £30+ that you have paid for the game angryfire.gificon_frown.gif

All the best guys, is what i said possible and i have full confidence that you will bring out a fantastic game icon14.gif

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sawczuk:

Personally, I think that SI should look into making patches for the new versions of fm, which can be downloaded onto the psp. Whether this is possible or not is a different matter, but in my mind, there is nothing worse than getting a game and then realising there is a glitch with unrealistic comebacks, which mean that you hate the game and so you have lost the £30+ that you have paid for the game angryfire.gificon_frown.gif

All the best guys, is what i said possible and i have full confidence that you will bring out a fantastic game icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sony are rather insistent that they won't be allowing people to 'patch' games on the PSP which is the same stance I believe they take on the Playerstation consoles.

The FM Handheld game has gone through a considerable amount of testing at each of SI, Sega and Sony and is a somewhat simpler game than the full PC product so I'm as confident as we can be that it's solid.

Archived