FMHi - what happens to the missing attributes?

• SI Staff
Are they still somehow incorporated in the game? For example, the jumping attribute is not in the game, so how does the match engine decide who is more likely to win a header?

The way the game works - all the attributes from FM PC exist; some simply aren't displayed for space reasons and some are combined into other attributes when the database ports across to the handheld game (in order to compress the memory).

For instance the 'Heading' you see on the screen is part Jumping and part Heading - these are 'combined' at an equal ratio (50/50).

(one of the things I'm considering for a future update/version is to try and give an indication on the coach report somewhere of where someones strengths are more clearly, hence whether someoone is better at winning a header than being accurate with it - that sort of thing).

• SI Staff
Ah that makes a lot of sense, thanks. Although Peter Crouch has 15 for heading? I was planning on using him as a target man!

I can confirm he's effective as a Target Man - however he's better for knock downs than he is for powering headers into the net in the game (I'd argue the same irl personally, although I haven't been involved in the data research) .... this means Spurs suit him a lot as they've some very talented mobile strikers to play along side him.

PS - Also never underestimate Bobby Zamora, he's not as big as Crouchy, but is a strong player and great at holding up the ball and bringing team-mates into play, sorry ... I kinda have to recommend him every chance I get as he's an ex-Brighton player :D

Archived