+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tactics don't work!!!

Lurker

Default Tactics don't work!!!

This has to be a massive error - the tactics do not work. I am managing east fife and cannot change from 442 I go to the formation screen change to 541 and then continue game, by the time I have got to match day it has reverted bact to 442 tried many times to change but it won't stick. All other changes pressing tackling etc bring remembered but can't change formation. For a manager sim this surely has to be the basic and fundamental element of the game - what's going on?

Sports Interactive Marc Vaughan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wbutchart View Post
    This has to be a massive error - the tactics do not work. I am managing east fife and cannot change from 442 I go to the formation screen change to 541 and then continue game, by the time I have got to match day it has reverted bact to 442 tried many times to change but it won't stick. All other changes pressing tackling etc bring remembered but can't change formation. For a manager sim this surely has to be the basic and fundamental element of the game - what's going on?
    If you change tactics during a match then they will revert to the pre-match tactics after a match - this is normal on any FM game and prevents oddities occuring if you get desperate during a match (say you go uber attacking in the last five minutes of a match you wouldn't want to start that way in your next match).

Outside of a match please ensure that you click 'confirm' after making tactical changes within the 'tactics' area of the game - if you fail to do this then when you click 'Continue' the game will cancel any changes you've made, presuming they weren't wanted - this might be what occurred for you?

(if you think this is the case please let me know and I'll try and find out if its a common problem, if so I'll rework that area of the game to try and prevent it troubling people)

Amateur

u need to click confirm.

Amateur

On the PSP version of the game if you make changes on the tactics screen ie move players around it doesnt save the changes even if you press confirm

Sports Interactive Marc Vaughan's Avatar

Just to clarify after Andrews comment (which QA will check out asap) - can you indicate the version of the game you're using please.

Amateur

PSP version mate

+ Reply to Thread