Most ridiculous result ever

On my current croatian save there was some important game where the opponents had 9 CCC's, I had 1 and won 2-0. Can't remember the exact game but I'm not complaining!

Also had it happening the other way around lots of times, of course...

I'd have to say I was really annoyed at this result (I'm Ajax).

ajaxbarca.png

Wasn't the fact that I won despite 2 red cards but the fact that they scored in the 91st minute after a stupid foul by Torres (who got suspended for the return). Good thing I beat them at Nou Camp as well otherwise I'd be fuming :)

well there was this one time I was Sunderland and had 31 attempts on goal and lost 2-0 at home to Blackpool

shocking, just shocking, FM really needs to sort itself out, this sort of thing would never happen in RL, i mean, Blackpool, come on, everyone knows they are just going to get relegated cos they have the worst team in the premiership, its not like they will ever be sitting 8th in the prem with 3 games in hand (which if they win all 3 games and the teams around them lose they would be 4th)....... (points out the sarcasm just in case it was missed)

My last 2 results (whilst watching England retain the Ashes, well done boys!!!) have been:

West Brom 3 - 3 Arsenal

Stoke City 4 - 4 Arsenal

The West Brom game I was 3 down inside the 1st half and they only had (you guessed it) 3 shots on goal, only 1 being a CCC. In the 2nd half we was fast out of the blocks and level by the 55th minute converting a pen, a long range free kick and a difficult chance from the left hand side of the area. Then Walcott, who scored the difficult goal from inside the area, wasted 3 CCC and Van Persie who scored both the penalty and free kick missed a CCC one on one and another penalty.

The Stoke game I had 14 CCC and was winning 2 - 4 at half time converting 2 of my 6 CCC, with the other two being at best half chances. In the 2nd half Stoke converted both of the CCC that the got to bring the game to 4-4 whilst throughout the 2nd half I proceeded to miss another 11 (yes ELEVEN) CCC's, finishing the game with a total of 17 CCC's. Quite unreal and something I hope gets tweaked in the 3rd patch.

Yep, he has become quality. Got 12+ goals last season, and loads of top clubs wanted him.

Don't know why everyone seems to think he is rubbish. He's probs in the top 10 centre backs on my game. Not amazing. But very very good.

yes Botia is surly a good player, would have bought him back on my barca save if I was not so well stacked at central defence already

for some annoying results (its geting just as silly as irl now when my team have gelled):

barca-villarreal7-0.png

barca-zaragoza.png

Yep, he has become quality. Got 12+ goals last season, and loads of top clubs wanted him.

Don't know why everyone seems to think he is rubbish. He's probs in the top 10 centre backs on my game. Not amazing. But very very good.

not saying he is rubbish, I like what i see of him, i get to about 2 Barca B games a month and he looks good, i was askling if he turns out well in FM

Manchester United lost to Shaktar 6-0 in the semi's of the champions league, i went to watch the game at old trafford to basically **** in SAF face as i won my game and was in the final.

They beat shaktar 6-0 but lost on pens!!

lol that's awesome

12+ goals doesn't make someone a good defender. Making silly mistakes does make him a bad defender. Seriously, you should put this guy up front!

Just played a home game with my Barcelona team against Real Madrid early in the 2nd season..

After 55 minutes i had 8 shots on target, 7 of them was CLEAR CUT CHANCES!!!

Real Madrid on the other hand had 1 (!!!!!!) shot on goal wich was 25 yard long shot from C. Ronaldo..

The score after 55:14?

Barcelona 1 - 3 Real Madrid!!!

Quit game... delete the save "Barcelona"!!

alot of the stuff said here is quite realistic... im pretty sure that real betis/zaragoza got relegated the season they played in the champions league from spanish league...

and the guy with the blackpool quote your quite right in my first save( i was brentford) and wigan were in 6th going into the new year but then slowly went downwards finished 12th! and let me remind you what hull did a few years ago for half a season...this is football ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE

16 goals conceeded in 3 games ? your tactic must be really poor defensively, just cos you got some good players doesn't mean you are guaranteed to play well without worrying about your tactics. Wins just don't get handed to you on a silver platter

your tactic must be really poor defensively

Go and tell sherica that, it's his tactic.

No I don't have good players, I sold all of them and am trying to build a team of only English players. Everyone is unhappy, the team haven't gelled, and the quality isn't there either... Benik Afobe is in my starting line-up, and he only has about 5 attributes that are over 10.

And my last two games have been 0-1 and 1-1 so I think my defense is sorting itself out, now to get my strikers scoring more goals.

Go and tell sherica that, it's his tactic.

No I don't have good players, I sold all of them and am trying to build a team of only English players. Everyone is unhappy, the team haven't gelled, and the quality isn't there either... Benik Afobe is in my starting line-up, and he only has about 5 attributes that are over 10.

And my last two games have been 0-1 and 1-1 so I think my defense is sorting itself out, now to get my strikers scoring more goals.

so why didn't you buy good English players? I believe there are some, not many I grant you, but there are some... and if you've sold all those world-class players at Arsenal you must have a fortune to splash out on decent players...

so why didn't you buy good English players? I believe there are some, not many I grant you, but there are some... and if you've sold all those world-class players at Arsenal you must have a fortune to splash out on decent players...

Try it yourself and you'll know why. Arsenal start off with a transfer budget of £15M. I spent 13 of that on a goalkeeper, Ben Foster. Selling world-class players hardly helps when your board only lets you spent 25% of the money gained from transfers. Also, the world class English players have various loyalties to clubs and signing them is just not possible. Finally, Arsenal have 3 English first team players to begin with. Yes, 3. I'm using a lot of reserves and u-18s but the money really does need to be spread out over the team. I've signed Foster, Shorey, Cahill, Mark Davies, Carlton Cole, and Darren Bent is joining in January.

Seriously, I encourage you to try and build an entire team (excluding Walcott) on a budget of that size, with such a small amount of transfer revenue made available, and not having the opportunity to buy foreign players. It really is very difficult.

Try it yourself and you'll know why. Arsenal start off with a transfer budget of £15M. I spent 13 of that on a goalkeeper, Ben Foster. Selling world-class players hardly helps when your board only lets you spent 25% of the money gained from transfers. Also, the world class English players have various loyalties to clubs and signing them is just not possible. Finally, Arsenal have 3 English first team players to begin with. Yes, 3. I'm using a lot of reserves and u-18s but the money really does need to be spread out over the team. I've signed Foster, Shorey, Cahill, Mark Davies, Carlton Cole, and Darren Bent is joining in January.

Seriously, I encourage you to try and build an entire team (excluding Walcott) on a budget of that size, with such a small amount of transfer revenue made available, and not having the opportunity to buy foreign players. It really is very difficult.

I'd have bought Smithies from Huddersfield for 2-3mill instead of Foster for 13... I guess your biggest problem is getting the team to gel with so many new faces... once they have things will improve :)

I've got Frank Fielding coming in as cover, I wanted a top quality keeper as it's been Arsenal's main weakness lately.

Just drew 1-1 away at Zenit, things are looking up.

If the board weren't so stingy, this would be a lot easier. Doing this with Man City would be super-easy.

I've got Frank Fielding coming in as cover, I wanted a top quality keeper as it's been Arsenal's main weakness lately.

If the board weren't so stingy, this would be a lot easier. Doing this with Man City would be super-easy.

I know it's probably too late...

but here's a thread that might interest you, especially if you've still got some money to spare

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f101/english-wonderkids-t57831.html

its down to luck...

but i have a thought. its the match engine as well as tactics.

the match engine obviously has some flaws, it can't be perfect. dominating the whole match, having many CCC, not just controlling possession and taking long shots, and losing on the counter attack is 1 big issue I feel..

to those people who keep saying "its your tactics" , I agree, but it doesnt mean the match engine is not causing those problems. It so happens that some tactics exploit the flaws in the match engine.

hes far from top quilty in the game hes decent i got him as back up at the leeds who made prem champions as my keeper is never injuried so i went for cheap back up.

I have to say that if I see this going onduring the game play - like if I have 15 shots and 6 on target and haven't scored yet then there is something wrong.

Change up things a bit at half-time - bring on a sub for someone only getting below a 7 (in a game where you're dominating most players should be above 7.0)

Put them on overload - put them on shoot on sight, or work ball into box, or pump ball into box, or get stuck in, or get ball forward.

Check to see if the shots are mostly long shots, set players to shoot long shots less often, set the team to work the ball into the box. That should stop them looking for a long shot and actually pass it.

But there are things you can do. I very rarely come across the 46 shots on target and only win by 1 goal.

Archived