Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: [FM11] The Ice Cream Dream, The Rise Of Icelandic Football

CL will be yours in few years!

Semi Pro

few hundred ;)

Flamers

Semi Pro

The 10 Year Round Up

It has been quite an impressive rise for KFK in 10 years. In that time we have come from a club in the Icelandic 4th tier to a team who can compete in Europe, all be it in the qualifying rounds. In the round up I will be looking at the level of players that are at my club, the winners of various leagues and the cup winners.

Players

To start with I will look at my goalkeepers, past and present.

Betir Olafsson He was my first goalkeeper and one that should really go down in club memory at without him we honestly wouldn't have been able to get promoted in my first full season in charge.

Rafael Claro My current goalkeeper wearing the number 1 jersey. As you can see his stats are much better in many key areas but he is much slower which does mean he does concede some really annoying goals. It is still an area I need to work on but he is a good shot stopper.

The second key area would have to be the striker, without a good striker your team won't score, without scoring you don't win.

Horour Guomundsson Other than having an impressive surname there wasn't really much going for him but at the level he was playing he was incredible.

Morten Thomsen This is one area in which we have made huge improvements, if I had Thomsen at the start I would have been scoring hundreds every season!

Club Status

Club Information

That is quite a big increase from when I started, when I started we have 100 attendance and were worth £130k. We now have 4100 average attendance and re worth £2.1m! This makes us the 5th richest club in Iceland, 4th if you ignore KB who have a tycoon splashing the cash.

Club Facilities

They still haven't changed in 10 years other than we now have a new stadium but we have some things in the pipeline.

Board Projects

As you can see we will soon have a Youth Academy and improved facilities which might mean that I start using Icelandic players!

Staff

I just thought I should show you this, I am currently employing 12 scouts, 8 coaches, 3 physios and an assistant manager, however the other teams are only employing 6 or 7 members of staff.

Affiliated Clubs

At the end of last season I managed to convince the board after 9 seasons to get a parent club, when they came back and saif that I could have Lillestrom as my parent club I jumped at the chance! Hopefully I will get some Danish prodigies on loan.

Past Winners

Urvalsdeild:
    Code:
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    |SEASON    |Winner              |Runner Up                    |Third                     |
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    |2010      |FH                  |Fram (ISL)                   |Stjarnan                  |
    |2011      |Breioablik          |Valur                        |Grindavik                 | 
    |2012      |KR                  |FH                           |Valur                     | 
    |2013      |KR                  |FH                           |Breioablik                | 
    |2014      |Fram (ISL)          |Keflavik                     |Valur                     |
    |2015      |Fram (ISL)          |Fylkir                       |Grindavik                 | 
    |2016      |Fram (ISL)          |Valur                        |Por                       | 
    |2017      |Fram (ISL)          |KR                           |Valur                     |
    |2018      |Breioablik          |KFK                          |FH                        |
    |2019      |FH                  |KFK                          |Valur                     |
    1. Deild Karla

Code:
    |SEASON    |Winner              |Runner Up                    |Third                     |
    |2010      |IA                  |Vikingur                     |Por                       |
    |2011      |Selfoss             |IBV                          |Njarovik                  | 
    |2012      |Prottur             |Fylkir                       |IA                        | 
    |2013      |Fram (ISL)          |Selfoss                      |Por                       | 
    |2014      |Por                 |Stjarnan                     |HK                        |
    |2015      |KR                  |Volsungur                    |KFK                       | 
    |2016      |FH                  |KA                           |KFK                       | 
    |2017      |KFK                 |Haukar                       |Fylkir                    |
    |2018      |KB (ISL)            |Keflavik                     |Fylkir                    |
    |2019      |KR                  |HK                           |IBV                       |
    Icelandic Cup Deildabikar

Code:
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    |SEASON    |Winner              |Runner Up                    |
    |2010      |Selfoss             |IBV                          |
    |2011      |Vikingur            |Grindavik                    |
    |2012      |Valur               |Fram (ISL)                   |
    |2013      |Grindavik           |Fylkir                       |
    |2014      |Grindavik           |Njarovik                     |
    |2015      |IA                  |Breioabik                    |
    |2016      |KR                  |FH                           |
    |2017      |KFK                 |Fram (ISL)                   |
    |2018      |KFK                 |KB (ISL)                     |
    |2019      |KA                  |KFK                          |
    Icelandic Cup VISA-Bikar

Code:
    |SEASON    |Winner              |Runner Up                    |
    |2010      |Valur               |Breioablik                   |
    |2011      |Breioabik           |Selfoss                      |
    |2012      |Keflavik            |Grindavik                    |
    |2013      |Stjarnan            |Fjonir                       |
    |2014      |Fram (ISL)          |KFK                          |
    |2015      |Fram (ISL)          |Vikingur                     |
    |2016      |Breioablik          |Stjarnan                     |
    |2017      |FH                  |Vikingue                     |
    |2018      |KA                  |Valur                        |
    |2019      |KFK                 |Keflavik                     |
    Last edited by Flamers; 09-03-2011 at 20:17.

Semi Pro

And for my next season I will be playing a very interesting tactic...

Flamers

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Flamers View Post
    And for my next season I will be playing a very interesting tactic...

Flamers
    The classic 0-0-10?

Semi Pro

Not quite... think more of one of the "last ten minute" strategies...

Flamers

Amateur

Just read this the whole way through, I have no idea how I had never done earlier, brilliant read. Keep it up!

Semi Pro

Thank you I have an update ready and I will post it up soon

Flamers

Semi Pro

Season 11 Prevue - Urvalsdeild:

Results | Expectations | Media Expectations

The friendlies didn't go amazingly but we did do quite well in some periods of the games.

We now have a good transfer budget and wage budget for once, the media still don't think that we are going to come second, or 3rd in fact. They are still predicting us to finish 5th, I really can't understand why though.

Finances | Transfers

£1.5m in the bank now, it is incredible how much we have in the bank and with more facilities coming we should only get better!

Not many transfers have happened as my team are pretty good, however with the new budget I have starting spending on some really top quality players.

Squad

I have brought in some youths who will get "Trained at club" status which will help me in Europe.

Key Signings

1. Emilio Celiz. At 27 he's a bit of experience coming into my squad, he is a natural left back who will replace Hoy who left during last season for £150k.

If you want any more screenshots then just ask me.

Flamers
    Last edited by Flamers; 09-03-2011 at 20:19.

Semi Pro

Just played my greatest game ever:

Flamers

Semi Pro

Season 11 January February and March Update - Urvalsdeild:

Results | Finances

Oh wow, it's not perfect but by god we were good is most of those games. I could hardly believe it was my team!

We are £20k down this season but I have spent £202k on transfers so this doesn't bother me.

Transfers | Squad

My Japanese striker is incredible, I can hardly believe it! My DM/MC is also working well so all in all I am very happy with how it's going.

My squad is looking amazing and we should do well.

Flamers

Part-Timer

Says the results photo has been moved or deleted on Photobucket

Semi Pro

Sorry, I have been a bit distracted today, I found out my grandfather passed away this morning...

Try now

Flamers

Semi Pro

Just got my first piece of silverware

Flamers

Semi Pro

Spoiler Alert

This was the cup final against the team that won the division last season:

Flamers

Semi Pro

Season 11 July Half Season Update - Urvalsdeild:

Results | League Table

We lost in the Supercup, having one it once then the save game wouldn't load. However a special word has to be said for our 7-0 and 6-1 wins. They were a joy to walk and honestly we hardly put a foot wrong in either of the games.

The two draws see us second but still in touch with first, so we stand a good chance of doing the domestic triple!

Finances | Transfers

£1.5m in the bank and upgrading all of my facilities and this is all before Europe comes around which I am looking forward to! The attendances keep rising as well, the highest is over 6500 now!

The Japanese striker may have cost £170k but hes scored 0.99 goals per 90 minutes and has 6 MoM awards, he is also getting some serious interest from other clubs. All of this means that he is now valued at £250k!

Any information you want then just ask.

Flamers

Semi Pro

Just been approached again:

Still only national reputation! I'm going to reject it as I am really getting places now. The weird thing is that they are only 3 games into the season, predicted to be 8th and currently 11th.

Flamers

Reserves

I wouldn't go to Karpaty either. I always destroy them. Wait for Shakhtar.

Semi Pro

Also I would like to point out, I have earn't £22k in my whole career so far... I could get that in 6 weeks there :P

Flamers

Amateur

What an absolutely incredible win in a cup final. Just out of interest, how much are you earning? In my career my game has experienced a bug, and although the board have offered me larger contracts (around 3000K per week) it still says that I'm stuck on a measly £650. Have you had that too?

Semi Pro

No, I negotiate it down I'm on abotu £100 p/w I think

Flamers

Reserves

No, I negotiate it down I'm on abotu £100 p/w I think

Flamers
    I'm the total opposite. I always ask for wage increases.

Semi Pro

Well I started on £1 p/w :P Before I needed it to get a good squad, we had no money. Now we are rich I might ask for more ;)

Flamers

Semi Pro

And another offer:

Flamers

Semi Pro

Season 11 Review - Uravlsdeild:

League Results | Icelandic Cup Deildabikar Results | Icelandic Cup VISA-Bikar Results | Icelandic Supercup Result | European Results | League Table

We played well this season as you can see by the huge amount of green dots. Due to our consistently good performances we completed the triple, we also came very close to doing the domestic quadruple, only a savegame failing to load stopped it which was very annoying! The highlight performances for me have to be the 7-0 win over FH in the Deildabikar cup final avenging our Supercup defeat! The 1-1 draw with Rubin in Russia, only a poor performance at home stopped us going through. The 9-0 win against Vikingur O was also incredible, Yosuke Yoshikawa also got 6 goals that game to show how good he is!

We simply dominated the league but we had a little wobble near the end which nearly see me blow it by 1 point. To complete our rout of the league we got the top three goals of the season, 6 players in the team of the year and I won Manager of the Year!

Due to this success I was offered the Brisbane Roar job! I was tempted to take it but I love Iceland too much now.

Finances | Transfers

With £2.1m in the bank now finances don't bother me any more, we are getting new facilities which I'm looking forward to.

We sent out a lot of players on loan and they have a fee I'm also getting money from them!

Key Players

1. Yosuke Yoshikawa. Awesome, no other word. He is 19 and in 42 appearances he has scored 48 goals, honestly he is too good for Iceland but he isn't complaining so I will happily keep him! I brought him for £170k and he value has already risen to £500k.

2. Rafael Claro. Sometimes he used luck more than skill but he did manage 20 clean sheets in 42 appearances which is more than most clubs can dream of, he probably has 2 or 3 more good seasons left in him, luckily I have been buying young keepers who should be able to take up the reigns.

3. Leonel Baiao. He came in as the Runner Up in Footballer of the Year to Roberto Yalta but in my opinion Baiao was a bit more consistent this season, he is also younger so some room to improve as well.

Flamers

Semi Pro
    Best FMCU Fountain of Youth Career 2011, Minecraft username: aparke1

Congratz on a domestic treble and winning the league for the 1st time.

Yosuke Yoshikawa looks awesome as well

Semi Pro

Thanks I really want to keep Yoshikawa

Flamers

Amateur

You must be dead chuffed with Yoshikawa, especially seen as he's only 19! Congrats - Champo League awaits!

Semi Pro

I know, he was sat at a Japanese club valued at £230k. He was going to easily be my biggest signing as he was worth 3 times more than all of the players I had brought before but it worked and damn he is good!

Flamers

Youth Team

Well done on the treble. Expectations will be higher from now on though! Good luck with the Champions League next season too

Semi Pro

Yoshikawa might be making some headlines soon...

Flamers

Reserves

Why did Yoshikawa choose Iceland of all places to sign to?

Not a bad find from Albirex Niigata (the real name of that Japanese club )

Semi Pro

Cos I'm awesome. Also would you stay in Japan if you could play UEFA League or Champions League football?

Flamers

Semi Pro

Season 12 Prevue - Urvalsdeild:

We did well in our friendlies, even winning against an Argentine second division team.

The media now expects us to finish second and the board has really limited my options, it means I need to succeed now! We also turned professional.

Finances | Transfers

The facilities were cancelled even though we have over £2m in the bank, which is really annoying.

Yes, my Japanese striker sold for £1m! It was incredible, I was I could have got more but the chairman took over the deal.

Squad

The team is still good, it's a bit annoying that I lost my striker but oh well I will try and cope with it.

Key Signings

1. Franklin Bastardo. He does have a pretty awesome name, he should also work as a replacement for my Japanese striker.

2. Marco Russo. A good rotation player to give me some depth at the back, he also has some potential.

3. Fielipe Godoy. He should cover all of my left hand side which will be very helpful, he can also play across the defence.

Flamers

Semi Pro

you lost the Japanese guy but £1mill is a hell of a lot.

you bought someone called Bastardo, looks pretty good as well

Semi Pro

I think improving balance might be a good idea?

Flamers

Youth Team

Bloody interfering chairmen! Still, good profit though!

Semi Pro

Can't complain at a 500% profit in a year... The most annoying thing was when the chairman cancelled all upgrades due to "insufficient funds" with £2m in the bank!

Flamers

Semi Pro

Season 12 January February and March Update - Urvalsdeild:

Results | Finances

Lovely shiny green dots. I can't really say much more, we have played well and won every game.

Made a loss so far this season but hopefully gate receipts can keep us making a profit. It's turning Professional which is making it harder.

Transfers | Squad

I loaned out Eric Cousins for £160k up front and £500k future fee, he is valued at £475k and I doubt they will activate the future fee so it's £160k for a season and they pay his wages!

The squad looks awesome simply.

Flamers
    Last edited by Flamers; 09-03-2011 at 20:20.

Semi Pro

Woah that's a massive squad, I count 16 different nationalities as well

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by hrbfcrule View Post
    Woah that's a massive squad, I count 16 different nationalities as well
    No one on there from Wales. I'm not impressed.

Semi Pro

They aren't good enough :P

Flamers

Part-Timer

They aren't good enough :P

Flamers
    Remind me to tell that to Gareth Bale the next time I see him.

Semi Pro

He's getting on now, 31 and going over the hill. Worth £6.75m now and not in the national team....

The Welsh national team has very few regens in it...

Flamers

Semi Pro

Basically I have been told to lose :P

Flamers

Semi Pro

lol Tonga

Semi Pro

Season 12 July Half Season Update - Urvalsdeild:

Results | League Table

Two losses, one knocked me out of the cup which was a bit annoying but oh well. The one draw was a match we dominated but they played Contain and we couldn't find a way through which was very frustrating.

We are sitting pretty at the top of the league which is good and all seems to be going well.

Finances | Transfers

I'm a bit annoyed we are making a loss this season but that's because we are now a professional team but it does mean we are performing better and more consistently.

I released all of my reserve players on free's who were on month to month contract to get my wage bill down.

Any information you want then just ask.

Flamers

Part-Timer

Basically I have been told to lose :P

Flamers
    Epic!!

Semi Pro

They currently sit 202nd in the world ranking. They are epic... /Sarcasm

Flamers

Reserves

On the bright side, you can't do any worse!

Semi Pro

I spose...

On the plus side the club side is going well

First Tonga match coming soon!

Flamers

Amateur

good luck with Tonga, Flamers.

A great read so far, impressive to say the least. Keep it up and I'll keep reading

Semi Pro

Thanks

Flamers

haha Tonga good luck!

Semi Pro

I need it, the first game didn't go quite as planned...

Flamers

Semi Pro

I don't think i've ever seen such a big squad as yours with so many different nationalities! . How do they get on with the difference in language? Seeing as you're sat top of the league, I presume they gel well? What's your wage bill?

Semi Pro

Well most of them speak Spanish or Portuguese and as I now how some Brazilians who have claimed Icelandic nationality they obviously speak Icelandic which means they gel quickly.

Current wage bid: £15,764 p/w. Max available: £47,500 p/w with no transfer budget.

The next update will be a big one

Flamers

Semi Pro

Season 12 Review - Uravlsdeild:

League Results | Icelandic Cup Deildabikar Results | Icelandic Cup VISA-Bikar Results | Icelandic Supercup Result | European Results | League Table

This season we didn't do very well in the cups, this was partly on purpose as I wanted to get far in Europe. I think I may have achieved my goal, we reached the Group Stages of the Champions League. Our group isn't the easiest in the world but due to our 100% home record in all competitions we managed to beat Zenit 2-1, this is possibly the greatest result I have every got and I can hardly believe it!

Here is the full draw for the Group Stages, no really "easy" group, Group H being possibly the easiest. We were ranked as 5000-1 outsiders to win the Cup which I can't complain at.

We properly dominated the league and I had the title with 1 game left, we could have won by more but a fluky 5-1 loss to KB stopped that. To complete our rout of the league we got the Golden Boot, 62 of the top 3 Footballers of the Year, Young Player of the Year,5 players in Team of the Year and I won Manager of the Year!

Finances | Transfers

Now try and cancel my facilities, stupid chairman. £9.5m in the bank and I'm still paying off this damn loan.

The main transfer news was Roberto Yalta leaving the club for £500k, he went top an Argentine Premier Division side but he has been called up into the Icelandic squad which is nice to hear.

Key Players

1. Franklin Bastardo. Not as good as Yoshiwaka but still pretty good! he netted 33 in 42 appearances which is respectable hopefully this team we can keep him over the off season.

2. Rafael Claro. Another 2nd place in my most important players. Claro has saved 6 penalties this season and with 19 clean sheets including 4 in Europe he is coming up good right when we need him to!

3. Juan Sanchez. A very good all round player and at 22 I can only see him getting better. He is a player who is never individually excellent but he makes everything work and I'm proud of him.

Flamers

Semi Pro

Fantastic European run, just need to beat Man City and FC Bayern now

Semi Pro

Those damn minnows :P

Man City took until the 70th minute to score a goal, the first one was a very unlucky own goal by my keeper!

Flamers

Semi Pro

Season 12 - International News:

OCE Nations Cup Preliminary Round Groups | International Results

We suck, there is nothing we can do about it. We are such a small country that is so insignificant we can't do anything, with only 112,000 people living here.

On the plus side we are now 185th in the world!

Flamers
    Last edited by Flamers; 09-03-2011 at 20:34.

Semi Pro

Season 13 Prevue - Urvalsdeild:

Due to our long season last year our season started much later this year, after league reset day. The board also gave me no choice, I need to win it. Talk about pressure?

The yes the media think I will do well, and they should do being the first club in Iceland to reach the Champions League groups stages (as far as I know).

Finances | Transfers

Yes, £10m turnover in a year, most of it came from Europe.

Cousins went, he has been an important part of my team for several seasons now but the offer was big and we can sign some new youngsters.

Squad

The team is still good, it's a bit annoying that I lost my striker but oh well I will try and cope with it.

Key Signings

1. Bara Sene. This is my replacement for Cousins, I am really glad I got him young as I can see him being a huge star in the future.

2. Thiago. I over paid for him and I know I did but he's young and should be a good Defensive Midfielder.

Flamers
    Last edited by Flamers; 09-03-2011 at 20:33.

2021 and still no Polish club in Champions League :P

Part-Timer

Nice result against Bayern!

Youth Team

Tongo to win the 2026 World Cup please!

Great to see you making progress in Europe. I can't remember the last time an Icelandic team made the Group Stages IRL.

Semi Pro

@DSYoungEsq Thanks, I was impressed as well. Just shows what Defensive football can do for you!

@jemparowkenastoprcent I beat a Polish side last year in the EURO Cup, they are awful :P

@AK22 I wish! A win would do me fine but being the worlds worst team it's VERY hard. I don't think one has made it *goes to google it*

Flamers

Semi Pro

No Icelandic club has ever made the group stages before, blue means never got to groups green means they have.

Flamers

Youth Team

You're the first! I wonder what the folks in Iceland watch on a Tuesday/Wednesday night then?!

Semi Pro

BAD PUN ALERT

Dancing On Iceland?

Youth Team

Or they could listen to some music on Ice-Tunes!

Semi Pro

I can't think of any bad Iceland puns

Flamers

Semi Pro

GOT ONE!

They place Ice-spy :L

Flamers

Youth Team

Their favourite song is 'Ice Should Be So Lucky!

Semi Pro

"Ice believe in miracle, you sexy thing"

This is so wrong but so right...

Semi Pro

oh dear

Youth Team

Lovin' the Hot Chocolate lyric knowledge...

Last one from me, the Abba classic, 'Ice Had A Dream'!

Semi Pro

I'll leave it there :P

Flamers

Amateur

unlucky in Europe mate. You are gonna struggle really with Europe being outside you normal season. Must be hard to get the boys up for the games.

When is the end of season break? does that impact on Europe at all
    Last edited by RichG; 21-02-2011 at 15:32.

Semi Pro

Europe moves my break back which is really weird. If I get there nexy season I'm going to arrange friendlies to keep players fit between matches.

Also I was very lucky in Europe, I didn't expect to get this far, let alone get 2 wins!

Amateur

There is also not a great synergy between your Transfer Budget and you wage allocation. I get £3m Tran and £105k pw wages in the championship. You won't get players in with such a low wage budget. You would do better to swing it the other way and hammer the wage bill at £150k pw on free transfers and keep the bulk of your cash to cover the wages and club development.

Semi Pro

I have it on max wage right now, I get £92k p/w and £1.7m transfer kitty. I don't really need the transfer budget as my player are all young and still getting better, I only ever buy player that my scouts rate at 4.5 or 5 star potential and 3 star CA and I can get them for less than £500k

Flamers

Amateur

lol just checked you squad mate. Only one Ice Cream left in the squad.

Can you post the stats page saying who has the most nations represented. Are all Icelandic teams the same. Full of overseas players?

Semi Pro

Just mine and KB who have had a tycoon at the helm for years. the other sides are gradually increasing.

I presume you mean this one:

Flamers

Amateur

KB paying a player £9k a week lol you have a tough job on your hands.

How do you compare to the league with attendances? Are KB miles ahead financially now?

I think HK need to sell Davio "the fat man" Karlsson if they are to stand a chance lol

Semi Pro

Well I got news through at the beginning of this season that the Chairman was withdrawing financial support, since then they have lost £2m in value. I like heavy defenders if they are quite quick, they are great to stop strikers in there tracks Sene is a DC ;)

I am top of the attendances by miles, about 500 ahead (out of 6000). THat £9kp/w player is about half as good as my £1.3kp/w and he isn't my best striker :P

Flamers

Amateur

ouch! that must hurt them big time.

The league could be all your then as they collapse like Leeds Utd

Semi Pro

They are playing in Europe this year so that should help them but yer it will. They are also over paying EVERY player and only have a turnover of £500k per year, compared to my £10.5m last year...

Flamers

Part-Timer

Brilliant Read! Can you upload screenshots of Roberto Yalta and all the naturalised Iceland internationals.

Semi Pro

He hasn't actually had a cap yet but has been called up a few times, I hope the next lot that have come in will get more as they are better
    Last edited by Flamers; 21-02-2011 at 18:27.

Semi Pro

Season 13 January February and March Update - Urvalsdeild:

Results | Finances

The one draw but considering I had a 1 game preseason I can't complain!

Without Europe money we would be losing about £1m per season but I intend to make it to the groups every season.

Transfers | Squad

The two players I spent a lot on are 3 star already but have 4.5 potential, I brought in a couple of loans to cover some key spots as well.

The squad looks good really.

Flamers
    Last edited by Flamers; 09-03-2011 at 20:33.

Reserves

You're terrible at linking screenies. Results is club info, and the other links don't exist.

Semi Pro

GAH.. I really should check it first...

Fixed now...

Youth Team

Great couple of seasons, and a brilliant Champions League debut

Semi Pro

Thanks Snakexe

Part-Timer

?? Did you die? Or are you thinking up new "Iceland" puns??

Semi Pro

No I had played it too much and my personal life is getting in the way, I'm into May though so I shall update you all soon enough

Semi Pro

A couple of pieces of news:

We finally have a youth academy!

First player from my youth to be called up into the Iceland under 19's squad!

Part-Timer

Great read and great career.

Semi Pro

Thanks Blue_magic

Semi Pro

I should have got to half season tomorrow, currently just beginning June

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast