Could SI consider the stats junkies in future please?

As the game becomes more complicated and fun, it encourages you to take more of an interest in the attributes of players and the stats produced from matches and tactics.

I started to enter these into a spreadsheet to see how I could improve the team and the tactics, but of course it is very time consuming - however rewarding if done over a period of a few seasons.

So, what I'd like to have is the ability to export my team and the attributes to a file that I can then load into excel or something similar.

Equally, I'd like to have the ability to export the league table so that I can compare things between seasons (goals for, against, wins, losses, etc).

I can't imagine that this is too difficult to do, but is it something SI would consider doing? It would make the stats side of the game more enjoyable if we could play around with them in spreadsheets or other available tools.

icon14.gif

As the game becomes more complicated and fun, it encourages you to take more of an interest in the attributes of players and the stats produced from matches and tactics.

I started to enter these into a spreadsheet to see how I could improve the team and the tactics, but of course it is very time consuming - however rewarding if done over a period of a few seasons.

So, what I'd like to have is the ability to export my team and the attributes to a file that I can then load into excel or something similar.

Equally, I'd like to have the ability to export the league table so that I can compare things between seasons (goals for, against, wins, losses, etc).

I can't imagine that this is too difficult to do, but is it something SI would consider doing? It would make the stats side of the game more enjoyable if we could play around with them in spreadsheets or other available tools.

icon14.gif

While we're on it, can we get proper goalkeeping stats?

I'd like to see Shots Faced (on Target), Saves, Save %, Goals Conceded, Goals-Against Average, Clean Sheets, MoM, and Average Rating, for goalies.

Save % = Saves / Shots Faced

Goals Against Average = Goals Conceded * 90 / Minutes Played

there was once a third person program that you used along side a savee game editor.

you could export the data to a csv file i think and view it in excel. you could export about 20 times so basically if you had along term game you could do it at the begining of every season and sometime in the middle.

it looked pretty good as well. i wonder if there's an update version for fm08 out there?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by McDoul:

I'd like to be able to open up tabs/windows for players in the manner that OOTP seemed to support from what little I suffered of the demo. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh dear god yes.

Tabbed FM needs to happen NOW!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by isuckatfm:

Options>Print Screen>Web Page

Open Excel Spreadsheet

Data>Import External Data

Sometimes you have to to a little arranging in Excel but it's lot quicker than inputting them manually.

You can't use it for Action Zones though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for this. It does save quite a bit of time but the formatting that's included is really annoying.

I wonder why they included the text file option but then included all the table formatting. !?!

Also agree that tabs would be an excellent addition as would better goalie stats.

postal postie: I've followed the CM/FM series since the beginning and don't remember this. If I had known I would have loved this. If you remember more about it or find out the availability of anything similar, I'd love to hear about it.

I think it was FMCoach.

It was an Excel spreadsheet containing all Visible attributes (but no hidden ones, and "attributes", not "stats").

You would use FMScout to search for the player's attributes, and then hit "Export to Excel", and then there was something on the FMCoach spreadsheet that imported.

Last worked with .. what, FM'05? FM'06? I don't remember. It was brilliant at the time - perfect for tracking who was improving and who wasn't!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by postal postie:

there was once a third person program that you used along side a savee game editor.

you could export the data to a csv file i think and view it in excel. you could export about 20 times so basically if you had along term game you could do it at the begining of every season and sometime in the middle.

it looked pretty good as well. i wonder if there's an update version for fm08 out there? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

FM Scout used to do this but sadly it is no longer developed. icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Powermonger:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by postal postie:

you could export the data to a csv file i think and view it in excel. you could export about 20 times so basically if you had along term game you could do it at the begining of every season and sometime in the middle.it looked pretty good as well. i wonder if there's an update version for fm08 out there? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

FM Scout used to do this but sadly it is no longer developed. icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that was it. or was it FMCoach? it was good though.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Neyles:

I would like to see the exact number of minutes each player has remained on the pitch... not just the gaps between goals. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

whs

This is slightly off topic but loosely related.

I'd like the printing options of several years ago, "print all" would give you 4 pages that had - fixtures(which had all the results and goal scorers as well for each game), squad list, player stats and the league table. I could then have my printing options squeeze the 4 pages onto 1 A4(portrait not the current default landscape crap). I tried to replicate this recently and it was a schamozzle, having to print screen on the separate pages and have them print to file and then having to chop and change most of it to try to get what I used to have. In the end it was too much **** farting about.

It may seem a little pedantic but I loved printing off a page before I finished an FM session, it had all the info I needed on 1 A4. I could read it in the garage while having a smoke icon_wink.gif , read it on the train to work, even read it at work icon_biggrin.gif or while I'm ignoring the missus' drivel.

I don't tend to look at the stats too much in-game due to the constant pressure of the continue button, but I love the stats side of the game and will every now and then force myself to stop and smell the roses. In the old days when I was printing the stuff I could stare at my teams stats for ages and would often notice something that I hadn't noticed in game because I don't like wasting too much game time staring at the stats.

I'd also like more detailed match stats (currently the one that has passes attempted/completed etc) as I use this for scouting the opposition and checking on the oppostion's effectiveness during a match.

There's no spare room for more stats as it is, but it could be expanded similar to the squad stats page which is divided by attacking stats, technical stats and so on, accessable via a drop down.

Over that last few weeks, I have been compiling a list of stats/records i would love to see in the game. The page has been stagnant for a few days, leading me to believe I have all i can think of. I'll give it 24 more hours then post it and get some feedback.

icon14.gif - we love stats.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NepentheZ:

Over that last few weeks, I have been compiling a list of stats/records i would love to see in the game. The page has been stagnant for a few days, leading me to believe I have all i can think of. I'll give it 24 more hours then post it and get some feedback.

icon14.gif - we love stats. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll look forward to seeing that. If we could get SI to implement these but also allow us to get them out of the system in some format we can then use ....... wouldn't it be fantastic?

The stat I most want is to have all goals scored in competitive games stored in the player history instead of just league goals. So many times I get a player who scored ~20 goals in a season and I am happy to see that and then I look at his history and realise that 12 of his goals were in cups and have been lost forever as far as his history goes.

These used to all be included so I don't really see why they no longer are. The only argument I heard at the time was that cup goals are not included in the real stats for players' histories at the start of the game. If that is such a big problem why not just add another category for cup goals separate from league goals. After all, Assists are not recorded in pre-game player histories either.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The stat I most want is to have all goals scored in competitive games stored in the player history instead of just league goals </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

glamdring, i've been asking for this since it was removed in the CM Series. It annoys the hell out of me that they can't add all goals/games etc.

A few people have argued the fact that, Pre 2008 SI don't have the stats for players cup games and goals, but i wouldn't mind having the stats only from the games get-go. At least then for those of us that play very long term games, we could eventually have these stats for just regens.

The other main thing that bugs me is the "Most games without scoring"

Pointless. Just replace it with "Most games scored in a row"

Simple.

glamdring - what I don't see is why they don't make it an option, for example, a display option on the player page.

Preferred career display:

<LI> - Non-competitive stats

<LI> - League stats (As current)

<LI> - Cup stats

<LI> - European stats

<LI> - All club stats (The way it used to be)

<LI> - International stats

The default when you start a new game would be League Stats, as current.

From that point, however, it would "remember" what you had last set, and show that "by default" whenever you look at a player.

So, glamdring might immediately change it to "All Club Stats", joe, who likes it the way it is, never changes it, and as an international manager, maybe I set it to "International".. icon_wink.gif

I don't imagine anybody would really want non-competitive as a default view, but if you were scrolling through a bunch of youth players, deciding who to keep and who to release, maybe you'd want that as the default for 15 minutes or so.

Archived