downloaded patch 11.2.1 on byte shield by error using original steam purchase Help!!

I mistakingly downloaded v.11.2.1 patch from byte shield from the Football Manager website. I purchased the game via a steam . Now byte shield is asking me for an activation key that I dont have since I purchased the game via steam. Right after I downloaded the patch I read that steam updates it automayically, although the version I downloaded from steam was not the latest v. Now what???? I hope the answer isn't contact steam. I tried to log into steam support but it won't recognise my credentials, even though I was logged in a few minutes before. Help!!!!!!

I mistakingly downloaded v.11.2.1 patch from byte shield from the Football Manager website. I purchased the game via a steam . Now byte shield is asking me for an activation key that I dont have since I purchased the game via steam. Right after I downloaded the patch I read that steam updates it automayically, although the version I downloaded from steam was not the latest v. Now what???? I hope the answer isn't contact steam. I tried to log into steam support but it won't recognise my credentials, even though I was logged in a few minutes before. Help!!!!!!

You will need to do a complete reinstall.

1) Start Windows Explorer (that is not the browser)

2) Click on local disk C

3) Click on Program Files

4) Click on Sports Interactive

5) Click on Football Manager 2011

6) Click Uninstall Football Manager 2011 directory

7) Click Uninstall Football Manager 2011.exe

8) Go back to the Football Manager 2011

9) Delete all remaining files in the Football Manager 2011 directory

10) Reinstall Football Manager 2011 (Steam version)

Best regards,

ByteShield Support

www.byteshield.net

Archived