+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: [B]Parent Club Asking For Fee?!?!?[/B]

  1. #1

    Angry [B]Parent Club Asking For Fee?!?!?[/B]

    ok so ive just started a game with hibs and landed Manchester united as my parent club . i then made offers to loan smalling and bebe, both offers were rejected as they were looking for a fee around 900k per player?!?!

    i thought the main point of having these parent clubs was to not have to pay wages/fees to loan the players?

    every player i got for they want some kind of money?!

    Is this a bug or just another stupid mistake from SI?

  2. #2
    Amateur
    Join Date
    2nd January 2009
    Posts
    359

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scorer2006 View Post
    ok so ive just started a game with hibs and landed Manchester united as my parent club . i then made offers to loan smalling and bebe, both offers were rejected as they were looking for a fee around 900k per player?!?!

    i thought the main point of having these parent clubs was to not have to pay wages/fees to loan the players?

    every player i got for they want some kind of money?!

    Is this a bug or just another stupid mistake from SI?
    Um.. doesn't work that way. THey'll send the players they want to. Fact that you are their filler club (which you get paid for), means you get sent the players THEY want to.

    So no, neither bug nor stupid mistake.

  3. #3
    World Cup Winner
    Join Date
    20th May 2003
    Posts
    55,627

    Default

    I'm not sure, how do loans between parent/feeder clubs work in real life? Probably not an easy question to answer.

  4. #4

    Default

    never used to work that way on any other version of FM this is the first time i have seen this so why implement this in the game now?

  5. #5
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    6th November 2005
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,948

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Seifer View Post
    Um.. doesn't work that way. THey'll send the players they want to. Fact that you are their filler club (which you get paid for), means you get sent the players THEY want to.

    So no, neither bug nor stupid mistake.
    I'd agree with that. If you ask your parent club for players you're treated the same as anyone else.

    You are their feeder club....not the other way around. They tell you how the relationship works out and offer you players of their choosing. That's why they pay you.

  6. #6
    Reserves
    Join Date
    9th November 2010
    Location
    Standing free, wherever i may be
    Posts
    13,766

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scorer2006 View Post
    never used to work that way on any other version of FM this is the first time i have seen this so why implement this in the game now?
    it was exactly the same in FM10.
    As others have said they decide who they want to send you, otherwise your treated like any other team.

  7. #7
    Amateur
    Join Date
    26th February 2010
    Posts
    187

    Default

    Hows it working with a feeder club, can they be a parent club them self while being feeder? or is that when they typically cancel the agreement due to board takeovers etc.


    I haven't played lower leagues for ages, without CL, I get bored :P

  8. #8
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    9th December 2010
    Location
    sat on my butt
    Posts
    1,892

    Default

    the only difference between you and other clubs is that the parent club's players are more likely to accept a loan move to you... not guaranteed...

  9. #9
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    27th September 2007
    Location
    recluse, safehouse, east eight
    Posts
    2,103

    Default

    Top division clubs loaning to other top division clubs usually incurs a fee. Simple as.

  10. #10
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    4th July 2006
    Location
    ] Visiting Frank
    Posts
    2,132

    Default

    Seeing as it is against FA rules for a home nation to be a feeder/parent of another home nation team, you'll likely never know. I don't know why SI persist with this unrealistic situation..

  11. #11
    World Cup Winner
    Join Date
    20th May 2003
    Posts
    55,627

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Moonshine View Post
    Seeing as it is against FA rules for a home nation to be a feeder/parent of another home nation team, you'll likely never know. I don't know why SI persist with this unrealistic situation..
    I thought the way they were implemented in FM was ok since they are not modelled as nursery clubs who are controlled by the parent club. As a feeder club you get a friendly and maybe a couple of loans but the parent club cannot dictate anything that happens at your club at all.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts