[FM11] deadfncat : Sailin round the world for football

deadfncat

Hi all.

After essentially completing the dafuge challenge with Croydon Athletic, I have decided to play a journeyman Career. My goal is to win the Premiership and any Champions League trophy involved in 5 regions. Asia, Africa, Europe, North America and South America. I have called the challenge the Big Six as I am using the Uncle Ron's England Levels 7 and 8 - Southern, Northern & Isthmian Leagues and want to take a tier 8 team to the top as well.

Should take me all of 100 years, but lets see how we do :)

I have also loaded the San Marino edit and the USA Edit as well as the Injuries edit.

Im not a fan of the American model with it being a fantasy league, but I couldnt find another taking the leagues down to lower levels.

The leagues I have loaded are here.

Lets get this baby started!

I dont really care where I start, but I wont be starting in England as I have just finished up there :p

[b]Silverware[/b]

After about 30 applications to various squads needing a manager, I sifted through the bunch and came across Persika who play in the Indonesian First Division Group C. This sounds like a good start, plus they have a pink kit which is hilarious. A 25000 seat stadium helps a bit too.

Seems I have started in March, but there is no league games until October :\

Pre-Season Report

By the time I had been appointed, the team hadn't advanced out of the group stage so we had a big wait on our hands until the season started. With only some decent players in the midfield and 1 decent defender, I started the Homer Simpson as the football coach approach. Cut, Cut, Cut, you're cut, Milhouse is cut, shh guy you're cut. etc.

I played a cup against some premier division teams and played HEAPS of friendlies to keep the squad fit. I played about half and simmed the rest. Went on a tour of Vietnam and Myanmar as well which was fun.

coming into the seaon, we played against a few teams lower than us as well us some from our league and won most of them which was promising. There was no major injuries so we had a full squad going into game one.

Mid Year Report

We Suck

Big run of games with some average wins and lots of bad losses. Beat a premier league team in the first round of the Indonesian Cup, but lost in the 2nd round to a First Division team :\

Was playing an attacking 442 but switching things up with a 3-4-3 now to see what we can do. main problem is a lack of firepower and ball control as we turn over possesion far too easily.

Im 5.9k/week on wages at the moment and my budget is 3.9/week, so there wont be any new faces for awhile

currently sitting on the bottom of the ladder

was winning 2-0 over the bottom team with 20 minutes left. Lost 3-2 :(

for some reason there is no reserve league which is really annoying as well. All my little used players are all fat and when I want to use them, they have to wade through the maccas wrappers in their house to reach the front door and drive down to training

I dont think this league is set up very well either. There are consistantly periods were we have a 2 week gap between games for no reason, no reserve grade and if you dont get promotion, you sit out for 8 months or so until it starts up again.

If its still this useless at the end of next season Ill look into getting a job somewhere else.

Currently sitting at 7th on the table after a 4 game win streak over the crap teams.

All the teams have VERY similar names as well which is super confusing

starting to get some form together if only briefly. 7 game unbeaten run with only 1 draw and just beat League dominators Persires 2-0 in only their 3rd defeat this season. three games left in the season and Trying to snag third position

We were picked to go back down this season and after taking the job I could see why. I had a huge wait before out first fixture due to the wierd scheduling here, but after some good tours and a cup we started, we were ready for the season. Only we weren't as the players I had overpaid for and were told by my scout would be fantastic, got fat and took up recreational drugs rather than playing football. Finding that shouting didnt do much, I put in some of the old faces and trudged on. We quickly fell into the habit of losing games we should win then somehow sneaking a win or draw against a big club, but by the middle of the season we were sitting on the bottom and not looking good. After a losing streak in which we bombed out of the Indo Cup, I threw all the Xboxs and Drugs away and forced those lazy asses onto the pitch and told them I'd burn their houses down if I didnt see goals. Apparently they respond well to fear, as we only lost 2 games in the last 10 and shot up the table to 6th position.

My contract ran out in June and I sent out some applcations to bottom league squads around the world and was laughed at, so I signed an extension until next season.

Now I need to schedule a tonne of friendlies to keep these bums in line before next season.

The Lack of a reserve squad in this league makes this league a lot harder :\

League Table

Fixtures

indonesiancup.png

Drew Premier League side Mojokerto Putra who were 5th in the league at the time. Somehow I won both games? Fluke. Next up was PSBL Langsa, a team doing badly from my divison in another Phase and we lost badly both times. How that works? no clue.

Squad - Need HEAPS BETTER. Need new staff too. My Ass Man is a Jackwad

Key Player Profiles

Sugito - Seriously my only good player and he is lazy, crap and overpaid

Players of the Season

None. All Bums

Career Overview

Season       Team                       Country                  League                 League Finish             Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12    Persika Karawang            Indonesia       Indonesian First Division          6th                           nil 

Next Season

Make it to phase Two

Increase my Rep

Dump some of these fat losers

Pre season Report

After putting down another offer to rent my place for 12 more months, I went to training to get these bums in shape after their Holidays. There were shaved eyebrows, a broken arm and damaged livers, so I had some work to do.

After booking another GoGo Cup and another tour as well as various friendlies we set up some intensive training routines. Most of the players had been signed to Full Time contracts over the break and we had brought in a Physio, a Fitness Coach and a First Team Coach. This season we were serious and were offered 8.256k/week if we could gain promotion. With the Holiday budget slashing we were down to 5k so I finally had some cash to burn! Maybe this season wouldnt be so bad after all. A new striker and a few Defenders and we are set for the new season.

The friendlies were all a sucess with us gaining wins over premier division teams and some solid wins over similar opposition, So I'm hoping the season will be a good one.

Lets Go!

Started the season with a big shake up and getting everyone back in shape. Everyone was Full Time now and we had new coaches and were ready to rock. It showed in the pre-season games and were confident going into the first game. A decent win streak and I think the boys were getting cocky, showing up to training in their crappy done up cars and showing off cheap jewels they had purchased for their girlfriends with the pittance we paid them.

We were overconfident and I knew a fall was coming. After a bad loss to 2nd placed PS Biak Numfor, We did well for a few weeks then started to fall apart. Lads not showing up for training, lazy discipline and poor work ethic were overflowing onto the pitch and we dropped down to 5th for awhile. Wages were docked, heads were smacked and games room priviliages revoked. It was promotion time and these lazy sods needed to remember that. After some good old fashioned discipline, we were back on track and after Feb didnt drop another game until the finals. The only highlight of this period was setting win streak records and our best player Muchlis Araya asking for a transfer. Not sure why he wants to leave when we are good and not when he was riding the bench last season, but with a better replacement coming in next season and clubs lining up for him, lets do it. We went into the playoffs (Stage 2) in what the media described as a difficult group. Three easy wins and a loss didnt show that and we have now breezed into an unexpected promotion. Bring on next season!

One highlight of the playoffs was this insane goal which brought Persipati close to an upset draw

League Table

League Playoff Table

Fixtures

indonesiancup.png

Drew Super League squad Arema Indonesia who were mid table in the SL. We had no chance and they blew us out of the water easily. 0-4 at home then after a gutsy effort from the boys, 1-2 away.

Squad - Jerk Team still. Just better than last years jerks. Still no new Ass Man, But a lot of new staff brought in. Might replace the Ass Man next season depending on results.

Key Player Profiles

Sugito - Still my only good player

Players of the Season

Muchlis Araya - Not very good, but better than the other bums. Leaving in July, but a better replacement is coming in

Career Overview

Season       Team                       Country                  League                 League Finish             Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11    Persika Karawang            Indonesia       Indonesian First Division          6th                           nil 
2011/12    Persika Karawang            Indonesia       Indonesian First Division          1st                   Promoted via Playoffs 

Next Season

Stay up and hope for another promotion? I have no idea of the strengh of the Premier Division

Maybe get some more cash coming in to strengthen the squad

Major Competition Winners

Thought I would add this in as it seems to be a popular addition to most careers

Premier League - Liverpool

F.A Cup - Fulham

League Cup - West Ham

Champions League - Juventus

Europa League - Barcelona

MLS - Los Angeles

Indonesian Super League - Persib

Indonesian Cup - Perlita Jaya

Ligue 1 - PSG

South African Premier League - Bloem Celtic

Pre/Early Season Update

Im blitzing through this game :p I had a pre season update written but accidently wiped it and was too lazy to write another, so here is an early season one after only 4 games. We stormed into the league with two big wins against mid table Premier Division sides Persida and PSLS, but suffered heartbreak with a tough home loss to PSBI. Another loss to high flying club Persiram and we are looking OK for the coming season. We need to shape up out midfield as not enough balls are coming through clean enough for the front 3. Too many interceptions are hindering our play badly.

Might look into some midseason signings if there is any cash left in the piggy bank.

*edit* just before i hit post, the board accepted a wage increase of AUD$2k/week to 12k per week. should be enough to sign a few more players.

After the Promotion last season, It was time to stock up on some new players and get sorted for the higher tier football. Consistant football was still eluding us as we struggled through some games and gave away leads too often. This was to be expected though as the gap between the Semi-Pro and Pro teams was obvious. We ended up with a few good wins against good teams at the end of the season to end up in 4th place, 1 Spot off of a playoffs berth.

League Table

League Positions

Fixtures

indonesiancup.png

Did well against some superior teams and found out way into the Qtr Finals. There we met Persela who were topping their group in the premier division and we were outclassed 0-1 away. In the 2nd leg at home, we had a hard fought 3-2 win, but it wasnt enough as Persela took the win on away goals.

Squad - Not a great squad for this division, but Standouts in Midfield and on attack.

Key Player Profiles

Sugito - Top goalscorer this season and great all around player.

Nur Kholiq - Another striker I picked up on the cheap who loved to set Sugito up.

Players of the Season

Revita Marta - Araya's replacement and he lived up to his name. Held the midfield steady and showed his fantastic passing game.

Career Overview

2010/11    Persika Karawang            Indonesia       Indonesian First Division          6th                           nil 
2011/12    Persika Karawang            Indonesia       Indonesian First Division          1st                   Promoted via Playoffs 
2012/13    Persika Karawang            Indonesia       Indonesian Premier Division        4th                   Indo Cup Qtr Finals

Next Season

Resigning and looking for a Job out of Indonesia. The Indonesian Cup with its 2 leg fixtures and the lack of a reserve squad is really limiting in these divisions and makes it very hard to progress

Premier League - Man City

F.A Cup - Man City

League Cup - Liverpool

Champions League - FC Bayern Muchen

Europa League -Shakhtar

MLS - Los Angeles

Ligue 1 - OL

South African Premier League - Kaizer Chiefs

deadfncat Tackle and Bait, a store I opened in Gladstone, Australia was just starting to boom in January 2014 after 5 months running. One Monday, I received a phone call from Bjørn Asbørnsen, the chairman of Norwegian second division side, Skarbøvik IF. After a long wait, it was time to hand the keys to the new owners and get back into football.

signedn.png

siflogoorginal1.jpg

Pre-Season Report

The team is pretty good coming into it. Have resigned some players full time and brought in a few players to bulk the team up. Finally have a squad with a reserve team which is awesome.

We are pretty favourable for promotion this season and with the improved squad will go all the way I think.

Also, ITS COLD

World Cup 2014

Hosts Spain - Holders Brazil

Second Round

Belgium 2-1 Montenegro

Uruguay 1-1p Brazil

Saudi Arabia 0-1 Spain

Canada 0-1 Germany

Greece 3-0 Chile

Ghana e2-1 Portugal

Croatia 0-1 Cameroon

Mexico e1-0 France

Qtr Finals

Belgium 4-0 Germany

Brazil 1-2e Spain

Greece 1-0 Mexico

Ghana 0-2 Cameroon

Semi-Finals

Belgium 1-0 Cameroon

Spain 1-0 Greece

3rd Place Playoff

Cameroon 1-0 Greece

Final

Belgium 0-0p Spain

2022 World Cup Host

China

I think not loading the A-League might have hurt Australia's chances on the international stage. :\

[video=youtube;WhqWG3sWJXs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhqWG3sWJXs

Two weeks before this I asked Alveston to start lobbing the keeper more. Probably not from my words of encouragement, but I thought this was an amazing goal :D

[video=youtube;dwZ49EfJr-4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwZ49EfJr-4

This was another great one coming off a set piece which my teams NEVER score from.

Mid-Season Report

The pre season odds had given us a good chance of promotion, but after some history lessons I learnt that Skarbovik had been relagated in 2012 and only had held 6th position in both 2010 and 2011, so I'm not sure where all the newfound confidence came from.

Either way, we had a good preseason squad and after a few key player pickups in GK and Strikers, we had some good games including a tour of Iceland and a Pre-season cup named the ITS COLD cup. We won the cup Final 10-0 against a local minnow side which gave the team a great workout. The start of the season was a bit tumultuous as we got the squad sorted and they learnt my formations, so we ended up dropping a few games against the top sides. Once we got it sorted, we were flying. Made it all the way to the Fourth round of the Norwegian cup after beating some First Division sides! and we held on 0-0 all game with Premier Division Squad, Stabæk. With 25 seconds left on the clock they scored an insane goal to take the win, but we were pleased with the fantastic effort and walked away with $170,000 for our troubles. Its now approx 1/2 way into the season and since that Cup game we are on an unbeaten streak of seven games. Standouts in the squad have been Striker Diallo and new midfielder Weckström. I have a good feeling about this season and think we can go all the way!

Ive also had to keep the Windows Character Map open just to write these things :p

Norwegian song of the Season

[video=youtube;-__g2_uMUd8]

Suprising Season as my first in charge. We did well to get out of this division after a promotion last season to get back into it. Had some speedbumps at the start of the season but once that was sorted out, our form showed on the field and we walked in our promotion without too much hassle. A loss to second last Korsvoll and a Draw with last placed Størdals-Blink in the last two games and Molde 2 stole our lead, but we kept promotion due to Molde being a reserve side.

League Table

League Positions

norwegiancup.png

Played fantasticly to get to the Fourth Round and come up against Premier Division squad Stabæk. Nearly stole a win, but a late winner kicked us out and we walked away happy with a good experience and $170,000 richer.

Squad - Not great and not many youth prospects. Will have to raid the transfer bin to see what we can get to be challengers in First Division.

Key Player Profiles

Magnar Nordtun - When I started here, the goalies were three young kids who were all about the same level of skill. Not good enough though and I showed them the door and brought in the veteren Nordtun who did great between the sticks.

Nur Kristoffer Weckstrom - Originally the only foreign player, this guy is a gun and sets up heaps of goals.

Players of the Season

Finn Alvested - Fantastic striker who I hope will have the skills to play in the First Division.

Career Overview

2012/13    Persika Karawang            Indonesia       Indonesian Premier Division        4th                   Indo Cup Qtr Finals
2014        Skarbøvik IF                Norway         Norwegian Second Division          2nd                   Promotion as highest placed non reserve team

Undersoil Heating being installed at Skarbøvik Stadion to comply with First Division league requirements. Should help with bad weather moving fixtures(Not that it happened this season)

We get to play our matches at Premier Division Aalesund which should be fun.

Next Season

-Stay up!

-Challenge the higher teams

-Increase transfer and wage budget so we can build the team

-earn some cash to upgrade stadium and facilities

Premier League - Man U

F.A Cup - Man U

League Cup - Tottenham

Champions League - Barcelona

Europa League - Genoa

Norwegian Premier League - Rosenborg

Norwegian First Division - Strömsgodset

Norwegian Second Division Group 2 - Molde 2

Norwegian Cup - Sarpsborg

MLS - Salt Lake

Ligue 1 - PSG

South African Premier League - Orlando Pirates

Preseason report

I had my best scout do a tour of France towards the end of last season and he came back with his report just after Christmas. Wowsers there were some awesome players in there and quite a few available on free transfers as well. Picked up some great youngsters and an amazing Algerian striker. Cant wait for the season to start.

I made another Its Cold Cup, did a tour of Sweden and played a few games against tough sides. We were ready for the season, but wouldn't really know anything until we were in the thick of it. Time to play!

Mid-Season Report

Wow this league is tough. There is a huge gap between the top of the league and the scrappy bottom players. The top 1/3 of the league are all professional teams and jump between the Premier League and First Div, so they are a lot better and richer than us!

The enforced stadium upgrade last season put us well into debt and with the club not willing to budge on the budgets I'm trapped until we can pay off these debts. Only thing I make money from is the Cups every year, but thats only about 170k if I make the fourth round.

Stadium Upgrade has just been completed and 3540 seats installed(used to be 0 seats) as well as undersoil heating

We started the year well with a big win over fellow strugglers Hønefess, but from there it has been nightmarish. Only 3 wins so far this season and 3 draws has us sitting in 13th and with 4 teams relagated per year from this league we need to get our finger out if we want to stay up :|

Table

Asian Cup 2015

Hosts - Australia - Holders - Australia

Australian Group Games

Afghanistan 0-3 Australia

Australia 2-0 North Korea

Bangladesh 0-1 Australia

Qtr Final

North Korea 2-3e Iran

Australia 3-0 Qatar (AHHAHAHA TAKE THAT QATAR)

Kuwait 0-2 South Korea

Bahrain 1-2e Japan

Semi-Final

Australia 3-1 Japan

Iran 1-0 South Korea

3rd Place Playoff

South Korea 1-2e Japan

Final

Australia 3-1 Iran

This season was going to be tough all the way and it showed. Halfway through the season and with the Norwegian Cup done we were 3-3-6 and not looking like improving. I changed my main tactic a little and moved one of the strikers back into an attacking mid position and went with more direct passing and more creativity. This lead to an unbeaten streak of 9 games with 6 wins, but didnt last long as we fumbled around for the rest of the season and stumbled over the line into 8th. I had the oppurtunity to sign a bunch of great new players this season, but with no money the club wouldnt budge. Its not at a more respectable $-163,019 but I have to hope for a loan or something in the offseason as I was lucky to just survive this season.

League Table

League Positions

norwegiancup.png

Did well against two lower ranked squads and then drew Premier Division Sarpsborg. After another insanely close game we lost on penalties.

Squad - Not good enough to challenge for this division, but getting stronger. A few diamonds in the rough!

Key Player Profiles

Magnar Nordtun - Still an old gun, but retiring next season so I will need a replacement.

Miguel - Mid-season pickup, this Spanish import is amazing in the back 3 and saves more goals than he accidently puts in, unlike the other 2!

Fares El Hadjari - Picked him up at the start of the season looking for a club in France, this Algerian striker LOVES TO SCORE GOALS. Its awesome and I hope he keeps getting better

Players of the Season

Lilian Crepin - French Midfielder my scout found sharing a house with El Hadjari in Paris. Fantastic in the midfield and will one day be captain. For now, this young 19 year old is frequently absent due to nights on the town and I love to fine him!

Career Overview

2014        Skarbøvik IF                Norway         Norwegian Second Division          2nd                   Promotion as highest placed non reserve team
2015        Skarbøvik IF                Norway         Norwegian First Division               8th                   

Next Season

Get back in Black. AC/DC Style

Challenge the Title

Pickup new youngsters to build squad

Premier League - Liverpool

F.A Cup - Chelsea

League Cup - Chelsea

Champions League - Man Utd

Europa League - Atletico Madrid

Norwegian Premier League - SK Brann

Norwegian First Division - IK Start

Norwegian Cup - Vålerenga

MLS - Chicago

Ligue 1 - OL

South African Premier League - Supersport Utd

How are Persika doing without you?

Which division are your reserve side in? I wonder what happens to the reserve side's place if the main side get relegated.

It sounds like an interesting league, but the snow effects in the game drive me absolutely nuts, and I can't make out the ball, so I would have to turn them off.

Persika are actually coming first this season lol.3rd and 6th in the other years

I still dont have a reserve side here :| I have a side there just is no reserve fixtures which is fkn annoying. The premier division teams's reserve squads all play in the second division, so i need to get up there ASAP

and i like the snow effects, but i think thats just because it doesnt snow here in australia and it seems like such a foreign concept to have snow coming down when playing a game!

1385.png

Skarbøvik IF

Norwegian First Division - 2016 : Preview

League expectation

-------------------------

Norwegian First Division : Board expectation - Acheive a respectable league position : Media expectation - 11th (out of 16) 40-1 odds to win

Cup expectations

---------------------

Norwegian Cup : Third Round

Transfer budget : AUD$70 (yes thats right. 70 bucks)

Wage budget : $14.5k p/w

Current wage bill : $13.7k p/w

Played three tough moneymaker games against Premier Division teams in Start, Lilestrøm and Sarpsborg and came away with a draw and two losses. A bunch of games against similar teams and then the ITS COLD CUP made up the bulk of our pre-season with an away game at Feeder Club Skarp giving us a fun 2-1 win playing pretty much the B team for most of the game.

Our first game of the season is up against Viking FK (Best football club name btw) away and on TV. Should be a cracker!

In the offseason I signed some great young talent, reshaping a lot of the team. They were all imports as well, with only two Norwegian nationals left in the run on 11. I brought in on frees 2 Italians, a Spaniard for the midfield and am waiting on the transfer of a Brazilian Striker! Hopefully we have enough talent to win promotion this season.

134zp.png

Singapore Under 19's

Season preview

This is turning out to be a fun venture. I know 0 of the players and have to learn a whole new squad, but get to play a whole different type of football. I'm playing a possession based flowing football which is super fun. After working up a preliminary starting 11, we had a game against Thailand which I went in to not knowing wtf would happen. I dont even speak the same language as most of the players, but they did brilliantly against a rival team and we walked away with a great 2-0 win. Next we had China which was going to be a tough game, but we slugged out a 2-2 draw then a 2-0 win over Yemen kept the form rolling. This season we have the Asian Under 19 Championships and have five games before that, but hopefully we do well. I was thinking of throwing in the towel on this job before we won the games, but now think I might at least stick with it until after the Championships. I might then see if I can apply for a more local national team and try and get some of my players on the squad. Favouritism? nooooo :)

Archived