Most bugged version of the last few years

Most Bugged version of the last few years?  

291 members have voted

1. 1. Most Bugged version of the last few years?

• FM 2008
    • FM 2009
    • FM 2010
    • FM 2011

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I remember 2008 being a hassle, but 11 is just a disaster, and we got a new patch = new bugs.

The poll said "Out of the box" Before any patches applied. So, maybe you need to reconsider...

FM09 (ME ground-up re-write was atrocious), followed closely by FM10 (Spain unplayable (literally - one could not play in Spain), crash dumps). Anybody who says otherwise either wasn't playing then, or has a selective/short memory. All versions were pretty good after patch 3...

2011 isn't great but I remember the horror days of CM4 and CM03/04 when they were quite simply unplayable IMO, I stuck to the legendary CM01/02 until the first FM.

The games you have listed including 2011 had/have thier problems but are far from unplayable.

FM08, then FM09, then FM11 then FM10 I'd say.

Pretty much agree with this, although I would put FM09 first.

That said, I remember FM08 was pretty bad upon release. I actually went back to FM07 until the patch came out, it was that poor.

FM09 was just an all round horror show for me. :thdn:

FM11 seems to be slightly worse than normal, to be quite honest, but nothing compared to the issues with FM09, in my opinion.

By far the best, was FM10. Beautiful out of the box and perfectly playable. SI surpassed all expectations with that release.

If SI could get it anywhere near FM10 each time, we'd all be delighted. That should be the aim!

What a joke of a poll.

Far too many people with selective memories or just haven't played earlier versions.

Hershie knows the score :thup:

This. Such short-sightedness from many people, FM 11 was the least bugged version I'd say - I recall FM 08 being lamented before its final patch and 09 and 10 had numerous problems.

I think the real question should be why do SI never get it right until the 3rd patch? I have never known a game released with so many basic errors in it.

For the record I voted 11, a truly terrible game.

I think FM suffers due to the short development time inbetween releases, and trying to cram too many new features in. Personally I feel there are more than enough features in FM at present, and future versions should improve upon them and make them work as intended. AI squad management, transfers, conferences, interaction, team talks, these all need major overhauls. Improve and polish what is already there and from FM12 onwards we should see the game in a much better state out of the box

FM08 was the beginning of the decline in FM. I loved every FM/CM before that regardless of bugs, but FM08 was shocking. I seem to remember the ball always looking like it would fly over the bar then it went in the top corner! Truly crap.

The thing which is bugging me about recent releases is SI don't learn from their mistakes. Glaring errors still making it through year after year. You would think that after getting version 10.3 pretty good ME wise, that 11.0 would be 10.3 plus tiny improvements (albeit with at least 6 months to make sure the improvements work ok), but that doesn't seem to be the case. It's like we're getting something entirely new every year, something which has been developed from scratch and is totally shambolic until patch 3! Every year. THIS I don't understand.

I think FM suffers due to the short development time inbetween releases, and trying to cram too many new features in. Personally I feel there are more than enough features in FM at present, and future versions should improve upon them and make them work as intended. AI squad management, transfers, conferences, interaction, team talks, these all need major overhauls. Improve and polish what is already there and from FM12 onwards we should see the game in a much better state out of the box

Totally agree, nice to see some common sense here for a change.

Every time a new version comes out we get these polls and people always mention the most recent game, then they talk about SI having short-termism.

I would say considering FM10 was expected to sort out the problems that had taken place since FM08 then for me, at least, FM10 was the most bugged. It took until 10.3 for the major errors to be sorted in a game which Miles himself declared was "going to focus on ongoing issues". Clearly, at release date, it failed to do this.

FM11 has major errors but it has new features so it is expected to have mistakes. For me its not so much about that but how you can go from one okish/near pefect version to the next being so buggy. They use the same game database, or at least we are led to believe they do. So why the mistakes, especially simple mistakes like the 2 yellow cards = suspension in the Spanish league.. Do staff not talk to each other? Do they walk off and fail to leave notes for the next guys? Its a bizarre concept.

FM2011 has more bugs than other things... It's NOT possible to fix them all with patches or new future versions.

Time has come to create a NEW game, with the newest encoding technologies...

because you can NOT continue to PIMP this old-tech game

FM2011 has more bugs than other things... It's NOT possible to fix them all with patches or new future versions.

Time has come to create a NEW game, with the newest encoding technologies...

because you can NOT continue to PIMP this old-tech game

Disagree. What would you suggest is newest encoding technology? Fifa?

FM09. Think that was the one where pre-patch it was virtually impossible for strikers to score, and I think it was AMCs which, regardless of how well they played, unless they contributed a goal/assist would rarely get a rating above about 6.2

FM 09 was poor, even after the final patch there's a lot of lingering problems, strikers struggle to score a realistic number of goals over longer periods, and (carried over to FM2010) 99% of headers, no matter how simple the chance or good the player at heading, end up over the bar even from 2 yards out. This version also started the phenomenon of hitting the woodwork an ungodly number of times, this also happens in 2010, and I'm hearing it's still an issue in 2011.

Of the recent releases I've bought, 2009 was by miles the worst, although FM2011 hasn't been released yet as far as I'm concerned. CM4 was a total unplayable shambles which crashed constantly, but 03/04 was actually quite good.

Edit - from my observations of the ongoing problems, and the fact patching patches is a new low, I reckon when everything is said and done FM 2011 will be a good challenger for worst release ever.

not going to vote, but am going to cause controversy...

I liked FM09 out of the box, sure I had minor issues with it, but overall I was pretty pleased with it, and the patches just made it better.

I hated FM10 on release, so much so that it lasted about 5 seasons of my LLM game before being consigned to the shelf to gather dust and I returned to 09. I never made it to 10.3

I've not been impressed with FM11 at all! I fear that SI have added too much and introduced many bugs unintentionally that are truly intermittent. What one person suffers with, another doesn't BUT they seem to have problems that the first guy doesn't and then a third guy will have totally different issues. Nobody seems to be experiencing ALL of the bugs, or even a majority of them, and I think that it's this that is causing SI to have difficulties when trying to fix them.

I'm trying to not consign FM11 to the same fate as FM10, but it is a struggle...

• Administrators

Ideally obviously we'd prefer to be able to say "what are you on about, there's never been any bugs in ANY of our games" but sadly we know that isn't the case. We always try and make it as playable as possible out of the box, but I do have to say, I've worked and tested on all of those FM's listed above (yes it's all my fault) and FM11 was considerably less buggy (certainly in terms of numbers and I'd say severity) than some of those shown, which would most certainly show people do have relatively short memories when it comes to these types of things.

Neil Brock can you look at this thread here: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/245465-11.2.1-Tactics-goosed

This makes the game pretty much unplayable unless you just use the same tactic and never change it or tweak it. Please don't tell us we have to wait till February for this to be fixed, it's a shocking bug.

If any bug is worthy of a hotix it's this.

Neil Brock can you look at this thread here: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/245465-11.2.1-Tactics-goosed

This makes the game pretty much unplayable unless you just use the same tactic and never change it or tweak it. Please don't tell us we have to wait till February for this to be fixed, it's a shocking bug.

If any bug is worthy if a hotix it's this.

But like always some ultra-fanboys will ignore these huge game-breaking bugs

Maybe. This one is dreadful though, basically any changes you make in your current tactic are applied to ALL your tactics so switching is completely pointless!

exactly... I really can't imagine how on earth you would play the game this way...

• Administrators
I noticed that each game and patch release since last year has at least 1 AMAZING HUGE BUG... which is I think a PLANNED action by SI

Fair enough if we charged money for patches, but I can't see any benefit whatsoever for us including "1 AMAZING HUGE BUG" in any version of our game.

• Administrators

If any bug is worthy of a hotix it's this.

We're aware of the issue and I've replied in that thread. Cheers.

9 was unplayable- only ever FM game I have seriously complained about and resulted in missing a year since CM2. Yep you heard it I never had FM10 so cant comment on it. FM08 was bad as well. Personally I cant see me buying FM12 for totally the opposite reason to not buying 10.

FM11 is the best incarnations of the FM series since the name change

We're aware of the issue and I've replied in that thread. Cheers.

Looking into it for when though? Thats a very general response. I simply can't play the game this way. Will we get a hotfix before Feb?

You know the sad thing is this is probably happening to everyone but they haven't noticed it.

Guys try it for yourselves, go to the tactics screen and change say the starting philosophy in your tactic to rigid, then switch to another tactic and that will also have been changed to rigid. Any changes you make get duplicted to all your other tactics!

Looking into it for when though? Thats a very general response. I simply can't play the game this way. Will we get a hotfix before Feb?

You know the sad thing is this is probably happening to everyone but they haven't noticed it.

Guys try it for yourselves, go to the tactics screen and change say the starting philosophy in your tactic to rigid, then switch to another tactic and that will also have been changed to rigid. Any changes you make get duplicted to all your other tactics!

I know its not an answer really but when you make a tactic and save it, have you tried moving all the tactics you are not using to another location, i.e out of the Sports Interactive folder, so when you make changes the other tactics shouldnt be affected.

I know its not an answer really but when you make a tactic and save it, have you tried moving all the tactics you are not using to another location, i.e out of the Sports Interactive folder, so when you make changes the other tactics shouldnt be affected.

No not tried that but that would be a real pain in the ass..

thers a work-around. when changing your tactic to another, dont do so if you have team instructions showing in either panel. Not ideal but i can use my tactics

Archived