a new idea for fm 2009

jkae

ive just struck gold. how about when you go new game, you can choose to do a 'fantasy' team, where youre given £££ and told to build a team and staff using a purely fictional team. you would pay the value price of the players and so you dont build wonderkids XI you get the amount of money to your league. so league 1 would get less than the championship but more than league 2. what do you think?

ive just struck gold. how about when you go new game, you can choose to do a 'fantasy' team, where youre given £££ and told to build a team and staff using a purely fictional team. you would pay the value price of the players and so you dont build wonderkids XI you get the amount of money to your league. so league 1 would get less than the championship but more than league 2. what do you think?

owww i hit a raw nerve there, its just an idea, you need to chill out, i think that ideas are eed to freshen the new one up because its becoming the same, i personally dont think its as addictive as previous games, however my current game is at 18 days.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by buzzing_hornet:

Yes that's what i am telling you.

This is football manager not fantasy football, if you want that go and play it on the premiersh*t website.

This is just another pointless gimicky idea which will add very little to the game. I suggest you nip to the FIFA Manger forum, they'll like it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

just out of curiosity, how old are you?? you sound like a 60 year old who is terrified of any change to his daily routine

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nostromo:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by buzzing_hornet:

This is football manager not fantasy football, if you want that go and play it on the premiersh*t website.

This is just another pointless gimicky idea which will add very little to the game. I suggest you nip to the FIFA Manger forum, they'll like it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

just out of curiosity, how old are you?? you sound like a 60 year old who is terrified of any change to his daily routine </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

class! brilliant, thank-you icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nostromo:

just out of curiosity, how old are you?? you sound like a 60 year old who is terrified of any change to his daily routine </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

18, far from being a pensioner.

18, far from being a pensioner. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

stop acting like it then

people on this firum are way to quick to dismiss ideas because they wouldnt use them I personally wouldnt use this feature if it was implemented but i know a lot of people who would.

I also think that to some degree the people who post on this forum arent really representative of the average fm player. i think we're all a bit more hardcore players (generaly).

I think this is a great idea, as this would be a far greater test of skill as the top 4 premiership teams would no longer get all the best players.

I have done this on a database, but taken it one step further.

All premiership teams are team rating 9000, get 100,000,000 to spend.

C/ship teams are 7000 rating get 15,000,000 to spend .

L 1

5000 rating 5,000,000 to spend

L2

3000 rating and 1,000,000 to spend, I also make all make the same increments for stadiums, this is a balanced way and gives you the chance to reach the same highs and own the best players as the top teams do.

I just like to add I have taken teams from league 2 and won the premiership, I have taken Coventry to the premiership and I won the premiership and L Cup first season, second season I won the quad premiership, L cup,FA cup and hampions league from the normal database with no cheats etc. I do this by constantly scouting across europe for youngsters and I have uncovered some real gems. I just like the fact that equallity is better. but as Buzzing hornet says this is unrealistic, however it is good fun to have the likes of Ronaldinho at Coventry, and are we not forgetting we play FM for fun, and unlike Jkae I have always enjoyed each version of FM, yes its not perfect but nor is the world we live in. Keep enjoying the game folks cause I will, and I am willing to try any ideas involving the game to make it more fun.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jkae:

ive just struck gold. how about when you go new game, you can choose to do a 'fantasy' team, where youre given £££ and told to build a team and staff using a purely fictional team. you would pay the value price of the players and so you dont build wonderkids XI you get the amount of money to your league. so league 1 would get less than the championship but more than league 2. what do you think? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mikeytwigge:

it not his idea hes just been playing lma manager its been on there for years </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats what i was thinking

but still be a good addition to chosse your own kit and players starting from scratch.

i know you can do it on the editor but tbh its alot of messing around imo

One of the current versions of FM has a 'fantasy draft' mode, same as the FM PSP unlockables it wouldn't hurt if people wanted them included in FM09.

I think the fantasy draft mode would actually be really fun when playing a network game with friends.

dont insult me, i havnt played lma manager, im not that lame, i play real management games, not fake lame ones! rant over. anyway, i think theyhave to include somthing new in the next fm, and i dont mean a new training schedule, somthing bigger, its becomming repetitive.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jkae:

dont insult me, i havnt played lma manager, im not that lame, i play real management games, not fake lame ones! rant over. anyway, i think theyhave to include somthing new in the next fm, and i dont mean a new training schedule, somthing bigger, its becomming repetitive. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's a matter of opinion. Personally, I don't find it at all repetitive. The game aims to reflect reality, so you're not likely to see wholesale change year on year.

I personally prefer as realistic an experience as possible. Therefore, if SI did decide to include a feature like this, I wouldn't use it.

dont insult me, i havnt played lma manager, im not that lame, i play real management games, not fake lame ones! rant over. anyway, i think theyhave to include somthing new in the next fm, and i dont mean a new training schedule, somthing bigger, its becomming repetitive. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So they should keep adding quirky crap to keep it new and invigorated. In 10 years time the game would be awful and full of rubbish.

Si have plenty of things they can improve or add to, to make the game better every year.

The bugs etc are well documented so why add new "ideas" if the old ones aren't in 100% working order.

Gold I think not!

ive just struck gold. how about when you go new game, you can choose to do a 'fantasy' team, where youre given £££ and told to build a team and staff using a purely fictional team. you would pay the value price of the players and so you dont build wonderkids XI you get the amount of money to your league. so league 1 would get less than the championship but more than league 2. what do you think? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

didn't someone create something where all teh players were free transfers and you could just pick them up like that?

obviously the top players wouldn't go to a rubbish team but it sounds like this.

if someone has created taht database for fm08 that is.

Archived