+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [PSP] Regen bug

Amateur

Default [PSP] Regen bug

I don't know if it's 'cos of the league I'm playing in, but, as East Stirling, I have had no less than FIIFTEEN regens get promoted from the youth team at the start of my 2nd season. Is this normal?

Sports Interactive Stuart Warren's Avatar

This is unusual (in a good way some might argue ) - did you have a particularly small squad going into the second season?

Amateur

I had a squad of 29, a decent size.

At the end of the first season and beginning of the second, did you offer new contracts to your current batch of players? There are several who would be due to leave the club as their contracts would expire.

Around what date have you realised that so many have been added?

Amateur

I let about 7 players go on a free, could that be why?

It was when the sixth one, Jordan Neville, got promoted (around mid August) when I started to wonder.

The game will usually put youth players through from the academy if it feels your squad needs bolstering, as well as one or two normally. It seems to have done quite a few and we will be looking at this so any information you give, about whether you signed anyone, for example, will help

Amateur

I signed six players David.

Amateur

Eh, 15 Players :O I havent had one player promoted from youth team since FMH2007 (pretty frequent then). Must be my youth facilities that are naf!

LeeWolf, this is certainly something for us to keep an eye on and we will for sure. If you could find the time to let me know what happens through the season or the same time next season it would be good but I will be taking a look at this as well.

Bantam, I'm sure you will see some in this years game, who do you usually manage?

Amateur

I'm just about to start my third season. I'll tell you soon if I have any more promoted ( I shouldn't do, my squad is 36 players big)

Amateur

David, I usually play as Bradford

Sports Interactive Marc Vaughan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LeeWolf View Post
    I don't know if it's 'cos of the league I'm playing in, but, as East Stirling, I have had no less than FIIFTEEN regens get promoted from the youth team at the start of my 2nd season. Is this normal?
    Thats definitely some kind of record!

There isn't a 'regulator' on the amount of youths promoted into a team, but obviously normally you won't get that many - perhaps I should put a cut off in there?, tbh I prefer to let things run unhindered generally speaking (I've always hated for example games where you score 5 goals and then a sixth never happens, that sort of thing) ..... but I'm open to advice in this area, do you feel them being promoted has hindered the experience of playing the game?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan View Post
    Thats definitely some kind of record!

There isn't a 'regulator' on the amount of youths promoted into a team, but obviously normally you won't get that many - perhaps I should put a cut off in there?, tbh I prefer to let things run unhindered generally speaking (I've always hated for example games where you score 5 goals and then a sixth never happens, that sort of thing) ..... but I'm open to advice in this area, do you feel them being promoted has hindered the experience of playing the game?
    Half n half really.

Some have been excellent, my star player, Adam Bent, is valued at £450k and being watched by Arsenal, but I have others who are utter crap, basically, and clutter up my reserves cos I cant get rid of em. I dont mind the odd couple, but I've had around eleven promoted in my latest season, 2014/15.

+ Reply to Thread