Tutoring Youngsters

I've searched, but couldnt find a thread on this yet,

But at Annan Athletic I cant seem to tutor some very good youngsters and made some signings where their pay and age seemed very good to become a tutor for a young star. But still it says: "Nobody to Tutor" :(

Why is this as it only seems to be on LLM level as I can tutor youngsters when I'm playing higher leagues

But also there sometimes I cant seem to tutor them, especially when they're allready promoted to the first team..

Oh, before I forget, there are 4 options for tutoring now, what does the 4th one do?

1. Guide youngster while increasing their Determination

2. Guide youngster while increasing their Tricks

3. Guide youngster while increasing their Determination + Tricks

4. ????

Thanks in advance!

I'm not sure what they did with the tutor system... the patch notes say they opened it up a bit more.. Which is true, since 11.2.1 more of my players can tutor... However the weird part is a player that I had tutor a youngster in 11.1.1 could -NOT- tutor the same player again in 11.2.1. Even though he's a better positional and personality match tot he youngster then the guys that can tutor him.

I brought this up in the hotfix official feedback thread and gave Neil Brock all the details and he said he'd talk to the coder about it. No idea what info might come back from that, but it just didn't make any sense.

The only idea that came up was that a tutor might only be able to work with one youngster -once-. But that's doubtful.

OP: Once a young player's reputation is comparable to your first-team players, then they can't be tutored by them. This is probably more of a problem for you at LLM level, because your first-team just aren't that much better, or more famous than your youth team.

bobo281: Hazard's rep is probably already too good for him to be tutored by anyone. Is he a first-team player already? Usually that's the case: wonderkids who are regualr starters aren't really tutorable - you have to try and get it done when they're 18 or something, before they're too good to listen to older players.

I generally find the tutoring system a little disappointing for this reason. It'd be a lot better if

1. players were far more willing to learn, regardless of their rep. R. Ferdinand was already the league's most expensive defender, but that didn't stop him learning from a legend like L. Blanc. (who, at 34, would have had a lower in-game rep)

2. players tried to imitate players that they respect of their own initiative ( Nani -> Ronaldo; Fletcher -> Keane) : it'd make it far more important to ensure that the high-influence players in your squad were reputable characters, lest they lead impressionable youngsters astray.

3. Coaches could tutor. If you sign a former great a year after retirement, it'd be great if he could take a young player in his position under his wing.

For instance if I were at Utd, I'd like Hernandez to be able to learn from Solskjaer (3.), Owen (1.) and be wary of him picking up a few bad habits from Berbatov, Rooney or Nani (2.)

In-game, he'd refuse to learn from Owen, there'd be no option for him to learn from Solskjaer, and there'd be no chance of his being corrupted.

There is far more to it then rep... the rep issue was actually toned down quite a bit with the patch. It's not nearly as restrictive now. but as I said there are still things that are 'odd' about the system.

Exactly, so 11.2 solved a lot of tutoring-issue's ?

Exactly, so 11.2 solved a lot of tutoring-issue's ?

Yes and no...

Rep isn't the biggest deal any more so more vets can tutor more youths. But one play can only tutor a youngster once -ever-. Neil Brock told me that in a PM earlier.

So there are more options in a sense, but you can't repeatedly tutor with the same 2 guys.

OP: Once a young player's reputation is comparable to your first-team players, then they can't be tutored by them. This is probably more of a problem for you at LLM level, because your first-team just aren't that much better, or more famous than your youth team.

bobo281: Hazard's rep is probably already too good for him to be tutored by anyone. Is he a first-team player already? Usually that's the case: wonderkids who are regualr starters aren't really tutorable - you have to try and get it done when they're 18 or something, before they're too good to listen to older players.

I generally find the tutoring system a little disappointing for this reason. It'd be a lot better if

1. players were far more willing to learn, regardless of their rep. R. Ferdinand was already the league's most expensive defender, but that didn't stop him learning from a legend like L. Blanc. (who, at 34, would have had a lower in-game rep)

2. players tried to imitate players that they respect of their own initiative ( Nani -> Ronaldo; Fletcher -> Keane) : it'd make it far more important to ensure that the high-influence players in your squad were reputable characters, lest they lead impressionable youngsters astray.

3. Coaches could tutor. If you sign a former great a year after retirement, it'd be great if he could take a young player in his position under his wing.

For instance if I were at Utd, I'd like Hernandez to be able to learn from Solskjaer (3.), Owen (1.) and be wary of him picking up a few bad habits from Berbatov, Rooney or Nani (2.)

In-game, he'd refuse to learn from Owen, there'd be no option for him to learn from Solskjaer, and there'd be no chance of his being corrupted.

I agree with what you said.

However, In my barcelona save on patch 11.1.1, I remember I can get Iniesta and Xavi to tutor Eden Hazard, who is a first team player. He was 19 at that time. Why? because Iniesta and Xavi have "worldwide" reputation white Hazard's is "continental". Now in patch 11.2, SI stated that age and no longer reputation determines whether a young player can be tutored. Hazard's reputation is continental and so is Lampard's. However comparing their age, Lampard should be able to tutor Hazard. See what I mean.. :confused:

Yes and no...

Rep isn't the biggest deal any more so more vets can tutor more youths. But one play can only tutor a youngster once -ever-. Neil Brock told me that in a PM earlier.

So there are more options in a sense, but you can't repeatedly tutor with the same 2 guys.

Seriously? :( thats bad news, because I've noticed that in FM11 players say they've learned a lot from an older player yet his Determination and Tricks haven't changed, so that means I wont be able to try again the following season connecting the same players :(

I haven't spent much time on the latest patch, but now all my older players seem to be able to tutor the youngsters. But there still might be restrictions on CA. So if the youngster have a greater CA that the older guy he might not be tutorable. But I need to check a bit more into that when I have some time. According to Neil Brock in the feedback thread for the patch, stated that they now use age as a restriction instead of reputation.

Would be nice to get a complete overhaul of the system in the next FM.

Archived