Hello again everyone, due to unforeseen circumstances, we have released a ‘hotfix’ 11.2.1 patch, which resolves a couple of issues in regards to loading old save games running the Polish league and being unable to set contract length in Network games.
Other than that there are no other changes, so if you are not playing a network game or have no intention of ever playing with the Polish leagues loaded you do not have to patch up to this version - however we always recommend running the latest version where possible. Steam versions as always, will auto update.
Currently there is not a Byteshield patch for 11.2.1, this is something we hope to have made available as soon as we can. If you install the 11.1.1 patch first, then you should be able to patch and run 11.2.
As usual we have a number of different ways to download the patch. For those of you running Steam your game will Auto-Patch so PLEASE DO NOT download it manually from another source.
The patch can be installed without installing any previous patch, and is save game compatible. For those of you running via the disc you’ll need the ‘disc’ patch, likewise those running the digital download version you’ll need the ‘digital’ version.
Remember you can either download directly or via a torrent.
All the download links for the various releases can be found below:
There are a number of data changes which occurred too late in real life to make it into the patch, such as Pardew taking over the managerial reigns at Newcastle or Allardyce leaving Blackburn. A list of these for you to add yourself via the editor can be found here - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/245005
So on behalf of everyone at Sports Interactive, have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
----------------------------- Football Manager 2011 v11.2.1
General - =========== - Fixed issue where old saves with Polish league loaded could not be loaded
- Users can now change contract length in network game
----------------------------- Football Manager 2011 v11.2.0
Crash Fixes =========== - Fixed pre-match attendance news item crash on load. - Fixed crash on start of matchday if a human manager has a touchline ban and has no players picked currently. - Fixed a potential award crash with custom leagues. - Fixed crash when processing retirements when a staff has no nation set. - Fixed crash when processing retirements when a player has no club. - Fixed a potential crash after a player is removed from a shortlist.
Match ===== - Fixed assistant feedback on players being played out of position when using wingbacks. - Fixed issue where replay of last disallowed goal in last 5 minutes of match shows the whole last 5 minutes. - Fixed issue with one goalkeeper kick from hands animation not playing correctly. - Fixed issue with players fading out at the end of a highlight when another highlight starts immediately after. - Fixed issue where match would sometimes freeze until the user goes to a pitch view or changes screen. - Physio and stretcher bearer colours improved.
Finances ======== - Added extra restrictions on fees, bonuses and clauses for Israeli 19-21 year olds to reflect their wage cap. - Adjustment for English lower league finances. - Adjustment to Spanish lower league expenditure - Increased chance of AI teams improving stadia. - Fixed discrepancy in wage amounts that can be offered.
General ======= - Tweaked attendances in later stage cup competition matches played at neutral stadiums. - Adjusted the effects of setting a player to "Rest" training schedule. - Adjusted second nationalities to ensure foreign newgens don't require work permits when created. - Improved code to select city of birth for foreign newgens. - Adjusted Swedish attendances especially for rivalry matches. - Renamed "Movement" individual training to "Off the Ball" to match the player profile attribute naming. - Fixed bug where starting squad numbers are not set correctly for certain teams. - when a coach leaves a human team, only the coaching categories left without a coach get assigned a new coach without affecting other assignments. - When a specialist (GK or fitness) coach joins a human team, he is automatically assigned to the two related categories rather than one. - For consistency, vacant national team positions will now appear in the job centre, even if the human cannot apply for them. - Fixed training ground injuries potentially being inflicted by a co-owned player who is not currently at the club. - Adjusted non-player progression. - Improved game performance when processing retirements on game update days when database has a very large number of players. - Bosman transfers can now be registered after the transfer window closes (for nations which allow this) - Adjusted learning rates of match preparation when using similar tactics. - Stopped human teams in some leagues getting the same referee for every match. - Agents now retire at the end of season for the league they work in rather than on the 1st of January. - When players retire they get removed from their agents client list. - Added "Throwing" individual training for goalkeepers and re-arranged the sorting order of the dropdown to better match player profile attributes. - Stopped teams transfer listing the whole team when the team is relegated. - Fixed issue where player got an additional 3 match ban for being sent off for 2 yellow cards. - Issuing a player with a warning no longer stops you being able to fine him for a week. - Fix some issues with incorrect starting days to gain nationality, will be fixed with new games using 11.2 database.
Conversations ============= - Danger man comments no longer always pick out the same player for each game. - The correct topics are now displayed if you go to chat with a player if you are both a club and international manager. - Reduced the time between able to chat to players about tutoring. - Added an option for the user to back out of tutoring conversations if the player reacts badly. - Conversation about a player disliking a team-mate no longer ends without the player giving a response. - Allowed more players to be tutored. - Disabled transfer listing conversations for co-owned players. - Disabled conversations that shouldn't be available if the player is away from the club on loan e.g. place in reserves. - Improved the conversation flow for when players are unhappy about not wanting to leave the club. - Players who agree to a contract termination now don't then wish to chat about been unhappy about the contract termination. - When a player has agreed to a contract termination or go on the transfer list they no longer say they are looking forward to more positive talks in the future. - If you make a promise to give a player a chance in the first team during the off season or near the end of a season they only expect the promise to be fulfilled the following season. - Improved players morale reactions to conversations. - Fixed issue that could cause board to not find any international loan link feeder clubs. - Fixed removal of preferred move conversations.
Interface ========= - Fixed issue where selecting 'Accept All Loan Offers' and then changing asking price of a player would result in 'No instructions' being incorrect selected - Added missing 'Tactical Knowledge' column to Mental Attributes view on a team's staff screen. - Fixed issue with dates being disabled wrongly when arranging tours. - Fixed Winning a youth competition not being displayed in a player's history achievements. - Fixed training news item not linking to the correct sub-tab - Fixed [Home] key not selecting the top news item when it jumps back to the top of inbox - Fixed incorrect date in greyed out widget for Amateur player contracts - Enabled editing of custom training schedules in player profile training levels section. - Selling team proposals should not appear in the selling team's transfer centre until the buying team has actually made an offer. - Fixed issue where friendly proposal can be rejected but stays on the fixtures screen. - Fixed custom views having "Custom: " prefixed after matches. - Fixed custom views not being kept when creating one and immediately using quick flicks to change the team.
News ==== - Fixed player being described as not playing well last term when he did. - Fixed news item referring to the player's contract club when a player vows to help his team "currently under-performing in the league" when they aren't. - Teams should receive the appropriate "New [league] season draws near" news item for the division they will be playing in next season. - Fixed code in news headline about player feeling they are been forced out due to their wage. - Fixed news item referring to a player having problems settling in a country using the wrong nation. - Improved occurrence and content of fans' view of match news. - Ensure team can renew loan deal before adding button to news item. - Players who aren't playing games are no longer picked out as danger men. - Fixed matchday round-up news wrongly stating 'x goals were not enough' in rare circumstances. - Managers no longer complain about the state of the pitch when they are the hone team manager. - Fixed code appearing in transfer bio news item. - Fixed erroneous record news items for leagues that have opening and closing stages. - Fixed an issue where the number of games listed in the Manager of the Month news would be incorrect.
Press Conference ================ - Stopped 'injury hits team hard' question, despite finishing the season.
Network ======= - Player nicknames now get used in the match on network clients. - Fixed issue where a match might get stuck if a manager has a player sent off, confirms without making changes and has another manager who is watching the match. - Removed code from conversation strings on the interaction screen when playing a network game. - Other players can no longer respond to another managers players transfer request news item.
Backroom Advice =============== - Action button for squad status changes advice for B team players now work correctly. - Conversation based advice is no longer generated if the user has already spoke to the player on the same day. - Correct player is linked when chatting about tutoring. - Stopped inappropriate advice being generated for co-owned players who aren't at the club e.g. tutoring. - Scouts who are away on assignments will no longer offer you scouting recommendations.
Board Requests ================= - Fixed the incorrect completion date been shown for the relaying of the pitch on the board request progress screen. - Removed inappropriate second conversation phase options for the new contract and give more time requests. - Transfer income percentage no longer drops so soon after the request has been approved. - When rejecting a contract offer you have requested you no longer keep getting offered a new contract each day. - User can no longer request to improve the teams training and youth facilities if an upgrade is already in progress. - The planning end date is correctly updated when further times is needed when the board is planning on building a new stadium. - Previous completed board requests no longer appear to restart once a new board request in progress.
Squad Management ================
- Added code to help try and reduce inflated French squad sizes in future years in the game
- Prevented agent from demanding a lower wage after x appearances clause than the basic wage when the user has upped the squad status - Stopped players with impatient agents from going straight to min demands when negotiating contracts - Reduced the time period before agents will re-enter contract talks with human following previous talks having broken down - Fixed contract end date not matching the contract offer screen end date - Stopped human user form being able to negotiate his own contract down to £1 - Fixed staff members negotiating contracts when in fact they just don’t have any interest in joining you - Reduced massive signing on fees for very high earning players - Prevented user from being able to bribe the agent so much the players doesn't actually get a wage himself
- Fixed approach to sign for players based in England when user is managing in England - Reduced the willingness of high-ish profile out of contract players from dropping down a division - Ensured transfer listed by request players asking prices are higher if they are important first team players - Stopped human managers from having an unfair advantage when applying for job due to their attributes being really high - Prevented really top players from being touted around for really low values - Fixed clubs offering you players that aren't interested in joining you - Fixed some issues to make it easier to offload players via the use of offer to clubs
Player Happiness ================ - Improved AI managers handling of unhappy players. - The reason the player is unhappy is now displayed for players who aren't at the managers club. - Reduced the number of players reacting to feeling a teammate has been treated unfairly. - Spaced out players getting unhappy about the club under achieving. - Stopped players saying they don't want to be transfer list in a conversation and then request to be transfer listed afterwards. - Players unhappy at B teams underachieving no longer want to talk with the A team manager about this issue. - Players who are transfer listed by request now request to come of the transfer list once the unhappiness is removed. - Players who have been promised first team football no longer claim the promise has being broken and request a transfer listed when they have been played regularly. - when a player is transfer listed the player can no longer be unhappy about not being transfer listed. - If a player has a future transfer arranged then they will no longer get unhappy about not wanting to leave the club. - Fixed happiness string indicating a players doesn't want to leave the club but he actually does
Confidence ========== - Fixed confidence news item post-match stating fans went home in a buoyant mood after being knocked out by a late equaliser (away goals). - Fixed an instance of the board thinking the user was doing really well when in fact he was only mid table - Altered match confidence stating fans are slightly concerned following a well fought out draw away to title rivals
Social Networking ================= - Improved upload progress for YouTube videos to make progress on state of upload clearer - Removed in game hang when uploading a video so can now cancel while video is uploading easier
Editor ====== - Fixed Portuguese end of season date for when divisions are added to the nation. - Fixed an issue with duplicating people. - Champion playoffs now work correctly for lower divisions. - Fixed some issues with adding new levels for Hong Kong. - Playoff stages for custom reserve/youth competitions are now shown in the Stages menu in the game. - Fixed bug where home-grown rules for a competition were being ignored. - Fixed some issues when more than 1 editor file with new people added are used together in a new game.
Competitions ============ - Fixed League Cup press conference/news item describing teams having got through the Preliminary round. - Fixed bug where team is asked if they want to participate in a reserve league which doesn't exist. - Fixed the competition rules screen to display the adjusted money for a position/match prize instead of the default value as this varies going though the years in the game based on the league reputation.
International ------------- - Swapped 2015 and 2019 Copa America hosts. - Fixed Great Britain hosting Olympics again in 2020, so soon after 2012. - Fixed issues with South American U20 international teams not picking enough players for matches. - Fixed some team expectation issues with the Gold Cup. - Added Russia to host the World Cup 2018.
Africa ------ - Removed Congo DR from the list of potential host of the African Nations Cup 2015 and 2017 as they withdrew in the real world. - African Youth Championship 2011 new schedule.
Asia ---- - Fixed foreigners rule in the AFC Cup (Confederation Cup in the game).
Europe -------- - Fixed issue with wrong coefficients being displayed on European Champions Cup group draw.
South America ------------- - Copa America got rid about the golden goal in the knockout stages - Copa America pots for the draw have been adjusted to the new draw system based on the FIFA World Ranking
Argentina --------- - Argentine Premier Calendar table now sorted by total points and not average points.
Austria ------- - Fixed incorrect match rule being displayed on the Rules screen for the Austrian First Division.
Belarus ------- - If Belarus does not qualify for international tournament then national league matches should be scheduled during said tournament period - Stopped Russians being eligible for Belarusian player of the year award.
Belgium ------- - Venue of the Belgian Super Cup should be that of current Belgian First Division champions. - Semi-final dates for the Belgian Cup have been moved to avoid clashes with international weeks. - Belgian First Division top goalscorer award no longer includes playoff goals.
Brazil ------ - Sao Paulo State Championship format change. - Minas Gerais State Championship format change. - Updated prize money for final position in the Brazilian First Division. - Adjusted Brazilian Bahia State Championship tv money
Chile ----- - Chilean First Division B South Zone teams now get 3/2/1/0 points when starting the Final Phase. - Fixed schedule for the Chilean Cup. - Amended the disciplinary system which now reflects the real world one.
Croatia ------- - Croatian First Division restructure now postponed until 2012/2013 season. - Fixed lack of winter break in Croatian First Division after league restructure. - Fixed Croatian Cup only being played over one leg when between NK Dinamo and NK Zagreb.
Denmark ------- - Number of relegations/promotions between First and Second Division dropped from 3 to 2 from season 2012/12 as it will happen in the real world. - Altered Danish reserve leagues scheduling.
Finland ------- - Fixed duplicate transfer window.
France ------ - Added the 6th Round in the cup involving the National Championship teams earlier in the competition - National Championship schedule updated - Ligue 2 winter kick off time updated
Germany ------- - Free transfers can now be registered outside a window now.
Greece ------ - Added a match rule for Greek national B (max 5 foreigners players allowed) - Tweaked Superleague euro competition playoff dates so that there are enough dates to handle more than 4 teams involved and matches are played mostly on Sunday and Wednesday. - Stopped playoff goals counting to the top goalscorer award in the Greek National B Division. - Fixed Greek Cup final so that it takes place after the last of the Super League. - Added extra income of 238k Euro to each club that participates in Greek National B Division. - Tweaked Greek Superleague TV Revenues. - Fixed the way table points are rounded when starting the European places playoff.
Holland ------- - Fixed some issues with the European playoffs. - Fixed some issues with the Dutch lower league system.
Hungary ------- - Trialist should only ever be able to play in Hungarian League cup matches. - Hungarian competitions schedule has been updated to be more realistic. - Hungarian Cup new format is now supported in the game (extra early round).
Iceland ------- - Updated and improved the schedule of all the Icelandic competitions we have in the game. - Removed non-EU players limit for Icelandic competitions.
India ----- - New schedule and venue for the Indian Super Cup. - Super Cup now uses winning team from recent Federations Cup, not the previous season's.
Israel ------ - New date for Quarter Final draw and fixtures for the First Division Toto Cup - Post split league fixtures now correct. - No Israeli trialist permitted in Premier and National Toto Cup match squad. - Fixed Israeli Discovery of the Year award.
Italy ----- - Some teams suffered a points deduction due to financial issue as happened in the real world in Serie A, Serie B, C1 and C2 - C1 playoff final is now correctly playing an extra time in case the two teams in the final are equal at the end of the two legs - Serie B squad registration rules are now amended (there was a small issue with them) - Serie A Saturday match have moved to 6pm instead of 6.30pm as it is in the real world - 1 non EU player per year rule is now applied to Jul to Jul and not Jan to Dec. - Signing a player on loan then on a transfer doesn't count as 2 non-EU players signed in one season. - Improved TV dates distribution for Italian Serie A when Continental Cup matches are played during the week. - Improved Italian Cup Semifinals schedule to cope with Champions League in a better way.
Mexico ------ - Fixed fixture venues in Mexican Promotion League. - Fixed maximum number of foreign players in Mexican Promotion League.
Norway ------ - Fixed the issue in which the contracts where expiring too early in some season having the players released before the last league match. - Fixed an issue where teams weren't always playing on the 16th of May as they should.
Poland ------ - Fixed Polish reserve and youth League issues.
Russia ------ - Schedule for Russian Premier has been updated avoiding clashes with the international weeks
Scotland -------- - Dundee suffered a 25 pts deduction
Serbia ------ - Added the possibility to register unlimited under 20 players to the squad outside the squad size limit for the Serbian Super League - Fixed loan options - Fixed some draw rules for Serbian Cup early rounds - Players no longer have to speak fluent Serbian to gain nationality. - Bosnian and Montenegrin players no longer have to have played a certain amount of league games to gain Serbian nationality.
Singapore --------- - New schedule for the League Cup. - New schedule for Singapore S-league. - Fixed the teams that take part in Singapore Cup. - Fixed Singapore league start and end month
Spain ----- - Right TV dates are now displayed for the midweek matches. - Fixed issue with players being suspended for 1 match after receiving 2 yellow cards in different matches.
South Korea ----------- - Fixed players with a low number of league appearances being selected in the K-League All Star squad. - Fixed K-League top goalscorer award (from a new game or new season). - Upgraded the FA Cup format and schedule. - Fixed K-League foreigners rule. - All Star Cup no longer played.
United States ------------- - Senior players now count correctly towards the roster rules. - User can now only offer the appropriate minimum wages for MLS contract types on the contract offer screen.
Wales ----- - Spread the fixtures for every single match day in the Welsh Premier league
Portugal -------- - Added 2D and 3D kit images for Liga ZON Sagres and Liga Orangina teams
- Match Engine Changes ------------------------------------------------
Match v907 ----------
- Slight reduction in deflections - Added HASSLE_OPPONENTS, PUMP_BALL_INTO_BOX and SHOOT_ON_SIGHT touchline instructions for AI managers - Slight tweak to effects of morale on performance - Fixed players taking unrealistically long first touch when bearing down on goal - Fixed d-line dropping back too early when ball cleared to halfway by opponents - Fixed full backs dropping back too deep when ball near opponent's goal and their player to mark still upfield - Improved lateral positioning of defenders when defending own area - Some changes to reduce multiple defenders going for same ball - Made sure player who is best placed to engage ball player in last third always tries to do so - Some small tweaks to marking of ball player - Some small tweaks to marking of other players - Some tweaks to running with ball AI - Some tweaks to reduce long shots from players asked never to take them - Tweaks to generic cross, corner and wide free kick target points - Some small tweaks to on ball decision making AI - Increased the urgency physios show when attending to head and upper body injuries
Match v908 ----------
- Slightly increased curl on corners, free kicks etc - Fixed players instantaneously reacting to refs whistle as one - Made players keep up with play slightly quicker when counter attacking - Fixed slightly over slow movement to mark opponents at dead balls - More small tweaks to marking and defensive positioning in open play - Fixed bug causing attackers to misjudge direction opposition d-line is moving in
Match v909 ----------
- Tweaked effect of playing out of position on player performance - Tweaked effect of consistency, nervousness and motivation on player performance - Tweaked effect of choice of captain on other players' performances - Tweaked effect of morale on performance - Some work on passing AI, and choice of pass/cross vs run, shoot etc - Some work on running with ball AI - Some reduction in pointless long shots - Improved penalty accuracy slightly - Improved shot choice when clear on goal slightly - Made players stick closer to opponent they are specifically set to man mark when opposition team has ball - Made players quicker to close down ball receiver after pass is made - Made defenders get a little tighter to ball player where possible - Fixed bug causing keeper to come too far out after his team have cleared a corner or free kick - Fixed some instances of keeper not waiting for ball to come into own area before intercepting it - Some tweaks to corner aim - Some tweaks to starting positions of players asked to attack ball at corners - Improved some off the ball movement, especially of attacking players close to opposition d-line - Tried to make full backs get a little closer to opposition wide men in general play - Narrowed midfield slightly in attacking third to create space for attacking full backs - Given default forward runs setting to advanced playmaker role instead of never - Fixed bug in use of "standard" strategy for AI teams in FM that caused some anomalies in player instructions - Tweaked use of strategy and touchline instructions for AI teams in FM - Increased the chances of other players joining in at goal celebrations rather than leaving the scorer to celebrate solo
Match v910 ----------
- Fixed issue that could cause unrealistic wild clearance under no pressure - Fixed AI not always replacing injured player when down to 10 men - Slight tweak to player reaction time to refs whistle - Some tweaks to marking of ball player to prevent too many players engaging him at once - Reduced number of pointless passes between players in attacking third - Reduced dangerous first time passes around own area under pressure - Slightly reduced player recovery time after shot or pass - Fixed players being able to lunge for ball and go through opponent to do so without a foul being given - Fixed players making slide tackle or lunging tackles on opponents when ball in air - Fixed keepers and defenders pushing forward prematurely on clearance or tackle - Pushed D-line higher up slightly at extreme settings - Tweaked penalty accuracy slightly - Fixed bug causing ball to get stuck under player’s feet occasionally - Slight improvement to player reaction after ball he was moving for deflects off him - Fixed players sometimes slowing down or pulling out when favourites for ball and hence allowing opponent to nip in first - Toned down number of long shots on weaker foot or from silly distance - Fixed some instances of wide man running ball out of play at pitch end instead of trying a cross or turn - Reduced long shot settings for playmakers and box to box midfielders
Match v911 ----------
- Slight tweak to injuries to see less physios on the pitch for minor knocks and more share of injuries to injury prone players - Tightened up marking slightly - Tweaked decision making of player on wing approaching by-line - Reduced needless passes into space to team mates in defensive areas - Slight tweak to number of passes around back depending on directness setting - Fixed keepers not picking up slide tackles
Match v912 ----------
- Fine tuning to passing AI - Reduced number of times Physio comes on to treat player who isn’t really hurt - Slight further reduction in long shots - Reduced dribbling in defensive third for players set not to do it
Match v913 ----------
- Fixed players taking first time pass rather than considering a shot when goal is open or keeper stranded - Small fix to flaw in marking of ball player who is in clear shooting position - Fixed some instances of strange passes when under pressure - Small tweak to closing down of ball player - Increased AI use of specific man marking against opposition creative players - Fixed advantage being played when offside player has already had a shot - Fixed excessive injury time caused by fix in 912 - Some tweaks to player on the day form logic - Small tweak to nervousness of players playing in important matches, depending on their pressure rating - Reduced morale drops slightly after a defeat ends an unbeaten run
Match v914 ----------
- Fixed players standing still for 30 seconds in open play after taking a knock - Fine tuned AI use of specific marking on opposition players