+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Football Manager Handheld 2011 iPhone/iPod Touch

Default Football Manager Handheld 2011 iPhone/iPod Touch

I am really happy to be able to announce that Football Manager Handheld for the iPod Touch and iPhone will be available on the app store in a country near you in the next 24 hours. Unless you’re in territories where we’re not allowed to release the game for legal reasons.

It normally goes live at midnight local time, but this is obviously out of our hands as we don’t control iTunes, hence the broad release time.

Seeing as we’ve been very quiet about the release apart from saying that we’re working on it, I thought it also a good time to share some of the new features for the platform with you….

For the first time, you are able to load 4 countries competitions at the same time, meaning you can move from country to country during your career.

We’ve also added in positional tactical roles, which both simplify the tactics for you if you want, and also make it more “football”, by being able to assign a player to be a box-to-box midfielder, for example.

You can also now retrain players to play in different positions.

There’ve been lots of improvements made to the 2d match view in the game, such as weather effects and a better match engine.

An expansion to the boardroom module has led to new requests for stadium expansion and improvements for training facilities.

And for new users, or for users who want to learn more about the game, there’s a tutorial system in the game too, with interactive help.

Plus lots of other nice touches, such as being able to start the game unemployed, increased media, a new unlockable & transfer system improvements, such as the ability to do part-exchange deals.

Then there’s a whole new app as part of the package, a stadium finder! What is this, you ask? Well, if you’ve ever been to an away ground and can’t find your car on the way back, this will be very useful for you. It’s also very useful to get directions to football grounds when you get to the station, and will help you find your way back to the station afterwards.

Basically, it lets you set a “starting position” using the iPhone and iPod Touch GPS system. You then set the stadium you want to go to. And it gives you a map telling you where to go.

At the moment, we have implemented this system for the top 4 divisions in England, but we will be adding other countries stadiums and maps with updates throughout the season.

The game also works fine on the iPad (even better with the x2 option) and looks lovely on the retina display of iPhone 4.

Oh, and last, but by no means least, both in game music controls and GameCenter support have also been added…

We hope you enjoy the game as much as we are.

Amateur

Yes!! Great news

Amateur

nice, what i wait for so long finally here

Amateur

Fantastic news. How much is the pricing?

Part-Timer

Good stuff though will likely pick this up when I upgrade my ageing 3G to an iPhone4 next year.

Sports Interactive Marc Vaughan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LukehMuse View Post
    Fantastic news. How much is the pricing?
    I believe it'll be the same price as last year - that is 6.99 UKP and 9.99 USD.
    Last edited by Marc Vaughan; 15-12-2010 at 16:48.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan View Post
    I believe it'll be the same price as last year - that is 6.99 UKP and 9.99 USD (with various conversions to other currencies depending on store).

Makes sense, cheers Marc.

Amateur

Yay!

Sounds great. I especially welcome the ability to load four leagues and start unemployed as well as the tactical and transfer changes.

Dilema time now though as I'm in Jan 2017 on my current FMH2010 game and running away with the Championship with AFC Wimbledon. Stick or twist?

Amateur

yay last game i need to complete my fm2011 collection thanks

Amateur

Looking forward to it appearing in the UK store. great game that suits the iphone perfectly.

Amateur

Im lovin the fact you can load 4 countries at the same time, that really adds a lot to the game, Im surprised the Iphone can handle so much information, cannot wait to try this out, great news

Amateur

I am looking forward to play it.Are there any more leagues than FM10( ie Greece)?

Semi Pro

Any screenshots or feature list available?

Quote Originally Posted by MikaelS View Post
    Any screenshots or feature list available?
    Full changelist can be found here:
    http://community.sigames.com/showthr...d-2011-(iPhone)

I'll post screenshots in a once I some 'approved ones' to hand - sorry for the delay.

PS. Please be patient with me today, I've got flu and if it wasn't for the games release I'd be tucked up in bed with Lemsip ..

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Miles Jacobson View Post
    You can also now retrain players to play in different positions.
    I totally suggested this last year...to which Marc said "Hmmm I think I'll look into that".

This is why I love SI. You guys actually listen to us peons....unlike EA Sports. Bravo.

Semi Pro

Full changelist can be found here:
    http://community.sigames.com/showthr...d-2011-(iPhone)

I'll post screenshots in a once I some 'approved ones' to hand - sorry for the delay.

PS. Please be patient with me today, I've got flu and if it wasn't for the games release I'd be tucked up in bed with Lemsip ..
    Thanks Marc.

No worries about the delay. I fully understand the way of business. Things can sometimes just go too slow.

Amateur

Thanks SI and Football Manager.

Appreciate all the games you've brought out. Was a Championship Manager fan during the 00s now been converted and appreciate it.

Can't wait for this on the iPod. I do alot of travelling so this is good for me. Lol Like on facebook how a few have made comments on how its too expensive for 6.99 etc and ask for discount if they got FM 2010.

They have to understand the value of the game, the development costs, wages, etc the time.

Thanks for creating another great FM game SI.

Amateur

I agree. £6.99 is a bargain if you ask me. I can't understand how people think otherwise. The PSP version is £15-30 depending where / how you buy. That's at least twice as expensive as the iOS version if not four times the price.

People are spoilt by free/cheap apps - most of which are simple or rubbish or full of advertising. For the price of a few pints of beer you're getting hours and hours of gameplay.

Amateur

Out of curiosity, will there be a "lite" version, as I'd like to try it out before committing myself. Otherwise, it'll probably be somewhat longer before my purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceirdiff View Post
    Out of curiosity, will there be a "lite" version, as I'd like to try it out before committing myself. Otherwise, it'll probably be somewhat longer before my purchase.
    There will likely be a 'Lite' version in due course - no specific ETA for it been set yet though (I expect it'll be sometime in January but its not set in stone).

Amateur

Just wondering what the OS Requirement is.

I am on 4.0 ipod Touch 3rd Gen don't want to update my OS just yet

Amateur

There will likely be a 'Lite' version in due course - no specific ETA for it been set yet though (I expect it'll be sometime in January but its not set in stone).
    Ok thanks, also, will there be a possibility of exporting saves from 2010 to 2011? I'm 11 years into my game and don't wanna give up now; especially when I just won the CWC for the second time

Quote Originally Posted by Ceirdiff View Post
    Ok thanks, also, will there be a possibility of exporting saves from 2010 to 2011? I'm 11 years into my game and don't wanna give up now; especially when I just won the CWC for the second time
    I'm afraid thats simply not practical there have been a LOT of new features added this year (not to mention competition changes and suchlike) - sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by raZor685 View Post
    Just wondering what the OS Requirement is.
    I am on 4.0 ipod Touch 3rd Gen don't want to update my OS just yet
    You'll be fine ... to clarify for anyone who's interested.

The game will work on any iOS version 3.0 or above.

(below iOS3.2 the map/directions to stadium feature is disabled - but the game itself will work perfectly fine)

Amateur

Thanks

Just have to wait for the UK App Store to release it now. Can't wait. I hope there is a bigger database of players. I mostly buy young players and raise them up etc.

Just wondering when you finish one season does the stats of that player reset?

Just wondering when you finish one season does the stats of that player reset?
    Not quite sure what you mean to be honest; players develop over time as in the PC version and have a full playing history season by season (again as in the PC game).

Amateur

Great news that it's finally coming out, will have to get up early tomorrow to download so can play on the commute to work!

Marc can you confirm that the Blackburn Rovers take over has been taken into account? I've just downloaded the patch for the PC and it hasn't been implemented (despite things such as Chris Hughtons sacking being included etc)

Yeah I know it's not a Citeh takeover but the new owners have promised at least £5mil in january which is much better than sweet FA that we would have had originally!

Amateur

Cool

Not quite sure what you mean to be honest; players develop over time as in the PC version and have a full playing history season by season (again as in the PC game).
    I basically bought a few players their stats rised and then I played 2nd season and the stats went back to normal stats etc .

Basically after each season the increased stats will they reset in the 2nd following season or stay the same or drop etc due to player performances? Can't remember now.lol

Say Ozil shooting is normally 13 etc and then it rises to 16 and hes scored a few goals and then I finish the 1st season and continue onto the 2nd will his shooting stat go back to 13 or stay the same in 2nd season? If you understand my english.lol

I got a C in English so ya

Amateur

I basically bought a few players their stats rised and then I played 2nd season and the stats went back to normal stats etc .

Basically after each season the increased stats will they reset in the 2nd following season or stay the same or drop etc due to player performances? Can't remember now.lol

Say Ozil shooting is normally 13 etc and then it rises to 16 and hes scored a few goals and then I finish the 1st season and continue onto the 2nd will his shooting stat go back to 13 or stay the same in 2nd season? If you understand my english.lol

I got a C in English so ya
    My experience over previous FMH's is stats have a base number.. say Andy Carrolls shooting is 14. if morale is high and hes scoring this will improve to 16/17/18. if he then is put on the bench or he gets injured then it returns to 14 and no lower.

Ok what you'll find is that normally players stats will fall a little off season because they aren't training and then recover once training begins - so this is normal.

If obviously a player improves in ability or decreases in ability then the changes to his attributes from that won't be affect from not training during the summer.

(also bear in mind that FMH is more 'fickle' with attributes than FM PC is - that is there is a 'form factor' combined in the visible stats which takes into account how a player is playing - thus if someone is having a 'hot' run of form he might be visible as slightly better than he really is or vice versa .... this is meant to match the idea of what happens irl when a player comes onto the 'scene' and does well and is raved about, only for him to later show his true form and disappear into the lower divisions etc.)

PS - Basically Mr thebugel beat me to it pretty much - his is a 'factual' explanation of what happens, whereas mine explains more 'why' its designed in that way.

Amateur

Ok guys, for any of you in the UK, I have nothing to do tonight and will therefore be checking the app store in ridiculously frequent intervals. So you will know very quickly if Football Manager 2011 has come out, unless I fall asleep.

Amateur

Thanks guys.

Just wondering if the stats of the players at the end of season 1 get carried onto the next season?

Semi Pro

Ragingbull, no point checking until midnight as that is when apple updates it.

Thanks guys.
    Just wondering if the stats of the players at the end of season 1 get carried onto the next season?
    Stats will largely stay with players - unless they decrease in ability (normally due to age, but in some circumstances (injury, serious loss of confidence etc.) this can happen to younger players) or you really mess up their training schedule (ie. put them onto no training at all or everything intensive so they break down etc.).

Amateur

is it out now?

Semi Pro

Midnight, read the OP in future.

Amateur

Great news! Can't wait to see it in AppStore.

Semi Pro

Lurker

i can't see the game in turkish itunes store.

when we will able to buy game in turkey? do you have any idea?

Amateur

Woohoo! Guess I'm not getting much work done tomorrow!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by mcg1 View Post
    i can't see the game in turkish itunes store.

when we will able to buy game in turkey? do you have any idea?
    Create yourself a UK or US Itunes accounts (check on Google how to do it)

Im in South Africa with a UK Itunes account and a US Itunes account........makes it easier to get the purchases that you want without having to wait for it to become country specific. The South African App Store has virtually NO applications, its rubbish, just lots of local music.

Amateur

Lol lots are still posting its worth too much.

I don't think it is for a Football Manager game.

They don't know the costs and time it takes for development of a game etc.

Amateur

Have to take my hat off to you chaps for the realism, half way through my first season and Burnley leak goals like no tommorow in the last 10 mins ><

Quote Originally Posted by Claret_Chris View Post
    Have to take my hat off to you chaps for the realism, half way through my first season and Burnley leak goals like no tommorow in the last 10 mins ><
    I find with Brightonn the trick is to go slightly more defensive towards the end of games (and in my case rest Lua Lua in the first season as he often 'flags out' if he's a starter).

PS. If you're enjoying the game - can you please remember to post a rating/review for it on iTunes btw .... thanks.

Amateur

Is this only available on Ipod Touch/Iphone?

I Have a Samsung Galaxy which is android and would be downloading this asap if its available.

Or is it exclusive to Ipod?

Quote Originally Posted by ChriSSyB View Post
    Is this only available on Ipod Touch/Iphone?
    I Have a Samsung Galaxy which is android and would be downloading this asap if its available.
    Or is it exclusive to Ipod?
    Exclusive to the iDevices (iPad/iTouch/iPhone) at this time I'm afraid.

Amateur

It's Apple iOS only at the moment. Many people have enquired about an android version but as far as we have been informed, there are currently no plans for one as the FMH team is only small and already stretched with the PSP and iOS versions.

Amateur

Exclusive to the iDevices (iPad/iTouch/iPhone) at this time I'm afraid.
    Beat me to it

With regards to Board requests in FM 2011, can you deliver ultimatums? I have the 2010 version which does not allow you to do this. I have previously given feedback suggesting that this would be an excellent feature to include in future editions and wondered whether it was now a feature of the game.

Amateur

I don't mind paying £7 for a game, provided it's going to be a good one. I paid £4 for the new Champ Manager which has an excellent interface, but after playing it for a couple of seasons I've come to the conclusion that the game engine is virtually random. It's simply a base team rating plus hot streaks. I'd like to buy FM2011 as a consequence but first I heard it wasn't a universal app for pod and pad (have both) and then despite Miles saying it looks great on the Pad and Retina displays, the display is in fact not Retina (ie which looks fine on the iPad). The screenshots I've seen all look soft. Is there anywhere there are grabs of it running on either a Retina display or the iPad or both?

Amateur

I am from Taiwan. And I am disappointed why this game is not available from itune (Taiwan). Is there any reason why? Thank you for the answer and is it possible to make it available in Taiwan. Thank you

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Liu Chih Chiang View Post
    I am from Taiwan. And I am disappointed why this game is not available from itune (Taiwan). Is there any reason why? Thank you for the answer and is it possible to make it available in Taiwan. Thank you
    you could just create an english or american account and buy the game from their store?

Amateur

It's a pity I cannot. It seems you have to live in US or GB and your credit card must be issued by the US or GB. I tried it. Is there any other way I can get my hands onto the game. Any advice will be appreciated.

Amateur

General question: can you add logos and real competition names to the iPhone version like you can do to the PSP one?

Quote Originally Posted by nik33 View Post
    General question: can you add logos and real competition names to the iPhone version like you can do to the PSP one?
    Not in the current version of the game.

Lurker

I'm currently experiencing crashes when trying to load my savegame (both autosaved and saved regularly) on the iphone, which is quite frustrating. Other (earlier) savegames load perfectly, but if I try to load my latest save the app crashes and kicks me out to the home screen. Anyone else who has seen this? Is there a way I can submit a bug report?
    Last edited by carmaa; 03-01-2011 at 14:28.

Amateur

For some reason, I did not think this worked with the IPad? As it only states IPod and Iphone in the thread title?

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by carmaa View Post
    I'm currently experiencing crashes when trying to load my savegame (both autosaved and saved regularly) on the iphone, which is quite frustrating. Other (earlier) savegames load perfectly, but if I try to load my latest save the app crashes and kicks me out to the home screen. Anyone else who has seen this? Is there a way I can submit a bug report?
    In theory I should get a report from Apple automatically about any crashes which occur with the game - in practice I think I only see the 'most common' ones reported.

One thing I am hoping to do with the first update is to 'open up' the save game area for the game so that anyone who has a problem or concern can send me their save game so I can look into it in more detail than just asking questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Gooner View Post
    For some reason, I did not think this worked with the IPad? As it only states IPod and Iphone in the thread title?
    Cheers
    It works fine on any iDevice, that is - iPad, iPhone or iTouch.

On an iPad it runs as a scaled up iPhone application at present (which is very playable and presentable imho - its how I most frequently play the game actually ).

Amateur

It works fine on any iDevice, that is - iPad, iPhone or iTouch.

On an iPad it runs as a scaled up iPhone application at present (which is very playable and presentable imho - its how I most frequently play the game actually ).
    Have been thinking about getting an IPad for a while, I really enjoyed FM on the IPhone so bigger screen to play it on would be great. Thanks Marc

Dear SI,

I decided to splash the cash and download a copy of FM2011 for my iPhone 4. So far my impressions are positive especially with the speed of loading times. I now tend to start off managing clubs at smaller foreign leagues so have been trying my hand at the Wellington Phoenix in the Hyundai A-League. So far so good as I'm top of the league unbeaten after four games.

I do have some feedback and questions I would like to direct your way. Firstly, with managing a club in such an inferior league, are my successes likely to gain the attention of clubs in more established leagues elsewhere such as the Premier League, Serie A and Liga BBVA? For example, say I have a very successful period with Wellington Phoenix winning titles and cups, if I applied for a top job in England, would I be considered a strong candidate or would the fact that my successes have occurred in weaker leagues, would I be seen as inexperienced for a team in a stronger league. Whilst I'm on the subject of managing in the Hyundai A League, are there only a maximum of four subs within a match day squad? I'm only able to selects substitutes from S1 - S4.

One of the biggest concerns I had when buying this game was the frequency of player injuries. I read some of the posts found in this forum and noted that there did seem to be some concern at the high level of injuries. My experience so far has supported this concern as after four games into a season, my squad received five injuries. One injury was received 12 minutes into the first game of the season which resulted in my left back being out for 14 days. The other four have occurred in training sessions with injuring ranging from 10 days to a month. I don't understand how this happens? I'm still getting to grips with the training side of things so pretty much everyone is on 'general' for their training schedule unless they have received an injury and then I put them on 'fitness'. I would like to know what your thoughts are on the amount of injuries I have received so far - five player injuries seems excessive after only four games into the season.

I also have a question with the role of captaincy and the leadership ability. I note that you are unable to select a captain, yet each player has a rating for leadership. Am I right to assume that a player with the highest rating of leadership will be nominated as team captain? I would find this strange as you have the ability to select set-piece and penalty takers - why not captain as well? Can I also ask what it is I'm looking for when selecting a player for freekick taker? Is this a player who will whip balls into the box (so therefore select someone who has good crossing ability) or is it someone who will shoot on goal directly (so someone with good shooting ability).

Many thanks for taking the time to read my post.

also have a question with the role of captaincy and the leadership ability. I note that you are unable to select a captain, yet each player has a rating for leadership. Am I right to assume that a player with the highest rating of leadership will be nominated as team captain? I would find this strange as you have the ability to select set-piece and penalty takers - why not captain as well?
    I might add the ability to select a captain in a future version - you are correct that the game selects the most sensible person to captain the side, although EVERYONE in your team has an effect on each other with regards to leadership.

Can I also ask what it is I'm looking for when selecting a player for freekick taker? Is this a player who will whip balls into the box (so therefore select someone who has good crossing ability) or is it someone who will shoot on goal directly (so someone with good shooting ability).
    For free-kicks I'd recommend selecting for shooting ability generally - if a freekick isn't considering 'in shooting range' then the game won't specifically use the freekick taker for it.

I might add the ability to select a captain in a future version - you are correct that the game selects the most sensible person to captain the side, although EVERYONE in your team has an effect on each other with regards to leadership.

For free-kicks I'd recommend selecting for shooting ability generally - if a freekick isn't considering 'in shooting range' then the game won't specifically use the freekick taker for it.
    Thanks for the advice Mark. Any comments on only having up to four subs in a match day squad, the status of a successful manager managing in foreign leagues, and the frequency of injuries?

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Lillywhite Dean View Post
    Thanks for the advice Mark. Any comments on only having up to four subs in a match day squad, the status of a successful manager managing in foreign leagues, and the frequency of injuries?
    I've tuned the frequency of the injuries slightly for the patch, although these hadn't actually changed from the FMHi 2010 version of the game I think some of the tactical options have allowed people to tire players out more and cause more injuries by the additional tactical adjustments. Once the update is out I'll be again listening for feedback from people in this regard.

With regards to the number of subs, this is specified by the rules of the league you're active within - I'll double check the A-League but I expect its correct for that competition.

I've tuned the frequency of the injuries slightly for the patch, although these hadn't actually changed from the FMHi 2010 version of the game I think some of the tactical options have allowed people to tire players out more and cause more injuries by the additional tactical adjustments. Once the update is out I'll be again listening for feedback from people in this regard.
    That's good news about tuning down the frequency for injuries. Since my last post, I have had four further injuries. Three in training (damaged neck - about a month; strained neck - ten days and a broken shoulder - about a month). The other injury was sustained in a game and was a damaged heel - out for two weeks. Highly frustrating.

Lilywhite Dean - can I just ask what training regime you're using (ie. is it the default one or have you changed it?) and what tactical setup do you have - I can then use it here as part of our testing for the forthcoming update.

Lilywhite Dean - can I just ask what training regime you're using (ie. is it the default one or have you changed it?) and what tactical setup do you have - I can then use it here as part of our testing for the forthcoming update.
    With regards to the training regime, it is the default one with everyone on 'general' bar the goalkeepers. My tactical setup is:

Team mentality: attacking
    Passing style: direct
    Tackling: cautious
    Pressing: No
    Offside trap: No
    Counter attack: No
    Men behind ball: No

Thanks.

Amateur

Marc,

What would I need to do in order to run FM 11 Handheld on an IPad? Do I just download the IPhone APP as I cant see a App specifically for the IPad?

Any help appreciated as usual .

Thanks

Amateur

Yes there is only an iPhone/iPod Touch version but you can run this on your iPad.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Keify View Post
    Yes there is only an iPhone/iPod Touch version but you can run this on your iPad.
    Thanks for your help , is there a decrease in quality because of the screen size do you know?

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Gooner View Post
    Thanks for your help , is there a decrease in quality because of the screen size do you know?
    The screens scaled up but it looks clear and precise and tbh I don't notice anything unless I look for it (if you look carefully at the edges of some of the larger buttons in the corners the rounding isn't quite as well 'round' as it could be - but thats about it really).

What you will notice is its blooming fast on an iPad

Amateur

The screens scaled up but it looks clear and precise and tbh I don't notice anything unless I look for it (if you look carefully at the edges of some of the larger buttons in the corners the rounding isn't quite as well 'round' as it could be - but thats about it really).

What you will notice is its blooming fast on an iPad
    The wife has let me know I am spending too much time in the spare room on the PC on FM 2011, so the IPad seems a good option as I will be able to kill 2 birds with 1 stone so to speak, which is play FM and still spend time with the other half in the lounge whilst she watches some garbage on TV .

Also Mark do you know if you will be making a seperate version for the IPad in the coming months/years?

Amateur

Is there a way to save and post screenshots on the iPad?

Hold down the on/off button and then press the 'Home' button at the same time - the screen should flash and a picture will be saved on the device.

When you sync it next time you'll have the chance to transfer it across from the device to a PC/Mac.

Amateur

Any chance of implementing another way to do that?

I don't currently have another working computer.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by AlecW81 View Post
    Any chance of implementing another way to do that?

I don't currently have another working computer.
    The screengrab is saved into your Photos app under a Saved Photos folder. Tap on a screengrab to bring it up and then you can print or email it to someone with a working computer.

Amateur

Or photobucket (where I upload my screen shots) have an iPhone app for uploading and sharing photos from your iphone. There's probably other ways too. Try googling it.

I do find it easier to transfer them to my Mac and then upload them with the photobucket website. But that's just my preferences as I like to edit them and organise them and it's easier to do that on a computer.

Lurker

hello id like to point out on the ipod version of fm 11 if you go on to find club England then other look for lowestoft town none of them players actually play for lowestoft they are my local team and i think they should fix it they have just put made up names on there

Quote Originally Posted by aaronhope2011 View Post
    hello id like to point out on the ipod version of fm 11 if you go on to find club England then other look for lowestoft town none of them players actually play for lowestoft they are my local team and i think they should fix it they have just put made up names on there
    If a club doesn't have the real players in the database then the game will generate 'virtual' players for that club (they display in grey and if you click to their profiles you'll notice they don't have histories etc.). This is normally the case for inactive teams (ie. those which aren't in leagues active in the game) which are of a small reputation.

This is to ensure that the game plays sensibly and is viable upon restricted platforms such as handheld devices (although FM PC does exactly the same thing for some teams), as time goes on and the platforms increase in power I hope there will be less such players in the game and more real-players (the database presently contains approximately 20,000 players and in the february update I'm hoping to expand it further).
    Last edited by Marc Vaughan; 20-01-2011 at 00:02.

Lurker

hi i am experiencing random crashes on my ipod touch 4 while playing fm handheld 2011, especially after when the game is loading or when i just clicked continue game. The game would quit unexpectedly and any unsaved games lost, its really pretty frustrating. any ideas how this can be overcome?

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik86 View Post
    hi i am experiencing random crashes on my ipod touch 4 while playing fm handheld 2011, especially after when the game is loading or when i just clicked continue game. The game would quit unexpectedly and any unsaved games lost, its really pretty frustrating. any ideas how this can be overcome?
    The most common cause of problems with applications on an iPhone is simply that the device needs fully rebooting, if this isn't done semi-regularly then the memory on the device can become fragmented and in extreme cases make things unstable.

To fully reboot a device hold down the power button for a couple of seconds, a page will appear which indicates 'swipe to power off' - swipe on that as indicated and the device should fully power down. Then restart the device and hopefully you'll find things more stable.

PS - Just to double check, what version of the game are you using as an update was released a a few weeks ago if you haven't upgraded yet.

+ Reply to Thread