FM2011: Yann M'Vila - not just a defensive midfielder.

JEinchy

Yann M'Vila

DOB: 29/06/1990

DM/MC

Stade Rennais

staderennaisicon.png

vilai.jpg

Yann M'Vila (born 29 June 1990) is a Frech football player of Congolese descent who plays for French club Rennais in Ligue 1. He is a French internation, having played at all levels and has captained several of his age groups including the under-19 team that reached the semi-finals of the 2009 UEFA Under-19 European Championships. He is currently playing for both the under-21 team and the senior team. He made his senior debut on 11 August 2010 in a friendly match against Norway.

M'Vila began his football career playing for his hometown club Amiens SC. He joined the club as a youth player and practiced in the club's football school, which was established by his father.After spending an enriching five seasons at the club, he moved to Brittany joining the prestigious youth academy of Stade Rennais FC in 2004 signing an aspirant (youth) contract with the club.

In the 2006/2007 season, M'Vila signed his first professional contract agreeing to a three-year deal. He made his debut for Stade Rennais in the 2009/2010 season, appearing as an 80th minute subsitute against Nice. He has since gone on to make 45 appearances for the club and has been capped at senior international level 5 times.

Football Manager 2011

vilastart.png

M'Vila was unearthed as a gem in last years game and was shown to develop into an excellent midfielder. This year it is no different. For a 20 year old, M'Vila boasts an impressive array of mental attributes to suppliment his already good physical attributes and solid technical attributes for his position. His strength is clearly his ability to read the game which, as a holding midfield player, is essiential and it will only get better with age. His high work rate and stamina ensures that he will clock up the miles and seek to actively win the ball back from the opposition.

He is not just a defensive player either. His passing and creativty are all pretty decent for a player like him and the potential to play as a deep-lying playmaker is there.

But just like all players, he is not without his weaknesses. He is not the greatest aerially and although his decent bravery, agression and strength stats will help him, he will probably struggle up against midfielders and forwards that are strong in the air.

Overall, he already is a good defensive midfielder who would do well in just about any team right at the start of the game and he can get better...

vila2014.png

The above screenshot is of him in the 2014/2015 season, where he is a key part of my midfield in my Arsenal team. He has pretty much improved in all areas of his game and has good, if not excellent, attributes for a defensive midfielder. The aerial weakness remains but its barely noticeable given his other stats. What I personally like about him is his ability to pass and split open defences from deep - so he isn't just a one-dimensional destroyer type players. He has also popped up and banged in some long range screamers as well.

All in all, M'Vila turns out to be a great, well-rounded defensive midfielder who, in my opinion, is well worth getting for any side and for anyone needing this type of player, look no further than him.

His PA, if I recall correctly, is:

Avaliability and Price

I signed him in the 2012/2013 season when he was offered to me for £5,500,000. Given some of the issues with the transfer system on this game (11.1.1 specifically), this is not an accurate price and most likely not his going price at the start of the game. I'm not sure of his price at the start of the game, though I'd imagine it'd be around £10,000,000, possibly a bit more. Stade Rennais are a decent mid-table side but they did get relegated one season, so its worth keeping an eye on them to see if you can get M'Vila cheaply. I do not think any club with decent reputation would have any problems prying him away.

So, has anyone else used Yann M'Vila? If so, how much did you buy him for and when?

• 1 month later...

C'mon lads. Everyone seems to buy M'Vila but, No-one wants to talk about him!? And all the work that JEinchy has put into that OP has been wasted. :eek::thup:

I remember this kid on FM10 & he was an absolute brute in the midfield with Cesc Fabulous & Alex Song. Get him to bomb on a bit & he'll score Goal after Goal. :thup:

I haven't used Sissoko since FM 10. I would say that if you want a box to box midfielder or a central midfielder support and therefore don't mind his annoying gets forward whenever possible ppm then get Sissoko. Otherwise M'Vila is better since he can be used in any of the CM roles to good effect such as a Deep lying playmaker.

I have M'Vila with Villareal and he is a perfect partner for Thiago or Borja Valero who are not so great defensively. He can also step up to the primary playmaker position with Marcos Senna beside him if I want more defensive solidarity.

Sorry but is he better than moussa sissoko? I went for sissoko for at madrid but wasnt sure...

No, he's not. I had both M'Vila and Sissoko in my Lyon side, rotating as ball-winners with the support duty. M'Vila was just a steady head, 7.2's pretty much every game, no assists, a couple of goals. Sissoko was a beast, scored 10+ every season, set up just as many and won me many a game. Sissoko's superior pace makes him such a better player.

Moussa Sissoko is pretty close to him. Leroy Fer and Ignacio Camacho are reasonably similar. One thing that appeals to me about M'Vila is his completeness. ie he can play your bog standard anchor man or centre mid defend; however he also has the ability to play pretty much every role in midfield and defensive midfield. He has even done quite well in attacking midfield during an injury crisis.

• 3 weeks later...

Has he had a slight boost in some attributes with 11.3? :thup: I'm in February of 2011 so, I'm wondering if AI have done a Good Job or SI have decided to Upgrdae him. :)

vilad.png

Looks pretty Good once again. :)

EDIT: Just compared the 2 Screenshots & looks like he's had a Considerable boost. Especialy in the passing Department.

Well depends which type of player u want. a more of a box to box or a defensive minded one. Poli, bender twins, rodwell (depends on how cheap u can get him) and some others which i cant think of atm.

I love that, by Amazin not knowing them, it looks as though Quinby has just called a couple of footballers benders :D

Did mean that lol. but yeh thats how i know. sometimes i forget which one is a which club lol. im thinking of getting sven for my leverkusen game then ill have both. might have to change their name around or something. call them lars and sven get rid of the bender lol

Did mean that lol. but yeh thats how i know. sometimes i forget which one is a which club lol. im thinking of getting sven for my leverkusen game then ill have both. might have to change their name around or something. call them lars and sven get rid of the bender lol

Larsinho & Sveninho? ;D Anyway, I;ve just signed M'Vila on my Arsenal save to feature as competition for Alex Song :)

Larsinho & Sveninho? ;D Anyway, I;ve just signed M'Vila on my Arsenal save to feature as competition for Alex Song :)

How much did u sign him for with arsenal? which season?

BTW couldnt sign Sven-window closed before :| might try again in jan

• 2 weeks later...

i have him in my real madrid save, bought him after the 1st season for 15 million. He's a back up to Sissoko and Alonso at the moment, but everytime he plays he never lets me down, will be Alonso's replacement in a year or so easily.

Snortsy_23- I use both my 2 MC's as ball winners and M'Vila plays that role perfectly for me.

Took over Liverpool in 2016, and spent all of my £30M transfer budget on him. Well worth it, bosses the midfield and has never let me down in a big match. I've found that their isn't too much difference between him performances as a defensive midfielder or as a deep lying playmaker. I've settled on using him in as a playmaker, ensuring I've got an all action defensive midfielder beside him and some flair players in front.

My only criticism would be he picks up a lot of yellow cards, many of them needless. He's got the argues with officials ppm in my save and has no intrest in un-learning it

Is he worth £12-15 i would spend to bring him to Liverpool, end of season one? I really want Vidal too, but M'Vila perhaps offers better long term solution, and as he's french, won't be travelling so much.

The only thing i don't like about mvila is his lack of height. Sissoko seems more athletic

Is he worth £12-15 i would spend to bring him to Liverpool, end of season one? I really want Vidal too, but M'Vila perhaps offers better long term solution, and as he's french, won't be travelling so much.

The only thing i don't like about mvila is his lack of height. Sissoko seems more athletic

He is most definatley worth it! Get M'Vila, not this Arturo Vidal rubbish ;):thup:

Archived