What is your proudest performance from the boys?

This is mine.

capturepqj.jpg

Hugely fearing the worst once Sahin got sent off early, but we still won 3-0 and had 63% possesion. Vela had been on poor form before too, and Fabregas not up to much. But when the cards were down they stood up to be counted. Not even too annoyed with Sahin as at least he was willing to get stuck in. If you aren't getting a few red cards, you aren't trying hard enough. Probably be fuming if it was against Chelsea or something though.

bestevery.jpg

counterd.jpg

First one is a shock 15-1 underdog victory as the champions of New Zealand and Oceanic football we somehow managed to beat a very good Sao Paulo side. Our players stats wise are so much worse than theirs or best player is less then equal to their worst.

The second one is the best countering attacking football display I have ever had on FM 3 shots, 3 clear cut chances and 3 goals it was great to watch.

bestevery.jpg

counterd.jpg

First one is a shock 15-1 underdog victory as the champions of New Zealand and Oceanic football we somehow managed to beat a very good Sao Paulo side. Our players stats wise are so much worse than theirs or best player is less then equal to their worst.

The second one is the best countering attacking football display I have ever had on FM 3 shots, 3 clear cut chances and 3 goals it was great to watch.

if you were United ,I'm sure you would rant how is this possible ;)

This is mine.

capturepqj.jpg

Hugely fearing the worst once Sahin got sent off early, but we still won 3-0 and had 63% possesion. Vela had been on poor form before too, and Fabregas not up to much. But when the cards were down they stood up to be counted. Not even too annoyed with Sahin as at least he was willing to get stuck in. If you aren't getting a few red cards, you aren't trying hard enough. Probably be fuming if it was against Chelsea or something though.

Come on though it is Arsenal against West Ham - I would expect Arsenal to win with each player having one leg tied behind the other.

If the result were reversed and West ham won with a player down - then that would make you proud!

a bit of background on mine:

managing Unterhaching of German 3rd div. won the league in my 1st year, the team could do no wrong. was promoted to German 2nd div, and after a fair august-september start, everything that could go wrong did. some games i was just throroughly beaten, other games my team did well possession wise but missed or were not taking shots. even had a game up 2-0 in the 80th minute that ended in a draw. morale plummeted. had a brief resurgence after the winter break, but then went on a long winless streak. hovered right at 3rd from bottom for the full 2nd half of the season. even when playing the other relegation teams, my side struggled. finally with a few games to go i got a win, and then a tough draw against the 2nd division champs. as my luck would have it, the teams i was chasing won their games as well, so i was not able to get out of the relegation playoff spot.

relegation playoff game 1st leg (away), went down 1-0 early, and got a lucky penalty in the 85th minute to scrape a draw.

with my teams morale still quite low, i went into the 2nd leg planning on grinding out a 0-0 draw to win on away goals if possible, so i set up defensively. my team did me proud, and won the match 5-0. one player scored his first goal of the year (yes my season was THAT bad)

was quite proud of that game, because for over half the season i went into every game with such low expectations, i never expected to hold any early lead, and whenever i went down early i just got to a point where i sighed and waited out the inevitable loss. that win to avoid relegation was such a relief, and a month later i was offered the job at PSV (which i took!) and am ready to begin season 3 with a nice transfer and payroll budget!

I'm still in my first season with Bedlington Terriers in Level 9. We did brilliantly to get to the Third Round of the FA Cup where we were drawn away to Man Utd! With a fantastic backs-to-the-wall display we came away with a wonderful 1-0 defeat (and 1.3 million quid!). I was so proud of the lads - yet my numpty fans were 'concerned'! WTF?????

while in BSN i qualified for the FA cup propper and drew Burton who were run away league 2 leaders at the time, set the stall out and used the counter and ran home with a 1-0. Not the best result you will see in this thread but they did exactly as i asked and worked their socks off for it, i was clapped them off the pitch!

Mine has to be when we beat Everton in the league cup 4th round as Blackpool (now in the Championship). We dominated them from start to finish and despite 2 major defensive errors we deserved far more than the 3-2 win we got in the end. Went out to Blackburn next round after a shoddy performance :(

No screenshot, but it was FM06. My first year in charge of Newcastle. We performed alright in the league (midtable), but went on an amazing run through the UEFA Cup. We were to meet AC Milan in the final at Camp Nou.

The final was Alan Shearer's last game. He received a pain killing injection to play. We were getting shelled by a superior AC Milan side until late in the first half. Then, 45-yards away on the wing, Charles N'Zogbia inexplicably tries an audacious lob over Dida. It's perfectly placed and settles into the back of the net, completely against the run of play. We defend the second half like we were Mourinho's Inter at the Camp Nou. Final score: 1-0. Tyneside gets its first trophy in decades and Shearer goes out a champ.

No screenshots, but both results from FM08.

I left Lyon to manage in Australia and took over Queensland, bottom of the table. First game was against the team second in the table. I won 6-0 and ended up taking them to the play-offs or something like that. That 6-0 performance was fantastic.

Also, same career game I came "home". After a brilliant career managing PSV, Lyon, Porto, Chelsea, Arsenal, AC Milan, NY Red Bulls (I quit after 26 days), Queensland Fury I took over at Gillingham. Couldn't save them from relegation from League One but eventually I got them promoted all the way up to the Premier League. First game of the season was at home to Chelsea. Morten Nielsen, an ex-Chelsea youth teamer was Gillingham's highest ever goalscorer. The match was 0-0 until the 92nd minute when a lovely curling effort from Nielsen handed us the three points. Brilliant game.

winning the world cup with england. Rooney injured before the tournament started so went with the following team:

Agbonlahor

Young Wilshere Walcott

Milner Cattermole

Cole Ferdinand Terry Richards

Hart

Beat Brazil in the world cup final 3-2 on penalties. My other results were

England 2 0 Denmark

England 1 1 South Korea

England 3 0 Algeria

England 1 1 Scotland

Won 4-2 on pens

England 3 2 Argentina

England 2 2 Cameroon

Won 8-7 on pens

England 0 0 Brazil - we missed 2 penalties in normal time with Wilshere misseing one in the 118 min !!!

won 3-2 on pens

The best thing about winning was that we won 3 penalty shoot outs so it kind of feels like England as a nation have shed their penalty demons!

Archived