+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Why can't they fix your unneeded matches

Amateur

Unhappy Why can't they fix your unneeded matches

Okay, so I'm playing in the league cup and I'm really not looking forward to it, i think my 5 other competitions are more important, so in my first match I play with the reserves and U18 and win 2-0, I get comments about how i should have won with higher margin, the fans are not happy and that the other manager doesn't believe anything special about chelsea after that match.. SERIOUSLY, those are my 2nd team and I won, and they are talking like I was playing with any of my first team players...

Second match, against a championship side, and I do the same, they beat me 1-0 but we had the better performance, I get bad comments again, while the board doesn't even care about it, why should I? and the fans are not happy to see that the youth and 2nd team are performing that good... can you please fix this... and stop the managers from saying stupid comments like "the 'bigger team' wasn't impressive at all".. i totally owned him

(Ouch I talked too much )

Amateur

Haha, I was having thus same conversation (with myself) yesterday as my u18s lost 1-0 to a team a league above us in the League Cup.

Moderator and Technical Support

The board and fans comments are based on team reputation and not on players selected so the game cannot differentiate between the teams you put out.

Part-Timer

It's not unusual for fans to be unreasonable, just because you and the board know the match isn't important, don't assume the fans will know the same
    Similar to beating a rival 2-0 when you have a much stronger side. The fans are jubilant, the rival fans are devastated. You're like "Whatever."

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by hugo_rune View Post
    It's not unusual for fans to be unreasonable, just because you and the board know the match isn't important, don't assume the fans will know the same
    Similar to beating a rival 2-0 when you have a much stronger side. The fans are jubilant, the rival fans are devastated. You're like "Whatever."
    Let's say in real life, if i find ancelotti playing with reserves and U18, and then losing the carling cup to newcastle, I actually don't care, it's just the carling, we fans don't care about such competitions, why do we care about them in FM?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by FrazT View Post
    The board and fans comments are based on team reputation and not on players selected so the game cannot differentiate between the teams you put out.
    I thought that a new 'feature' this year was that the board or fans would recognise when you had played a weakened team in a competition and in turn not be as upset about losing?

Moderator and Technical Support

You may well be correct and I have missed this- definitely true in previous versions though

Reserves

i think it does, i have had a few press conferences where they have asked me about fielding a weakend team. I think the end of the day your fans are not happy about going out of the competition, doesnt matter how important you or your board consider it, fans want their teams to properly compete in everything.

+ Reply to Thread