Disillusioned with the game...

I never thought I would say those words. The thing is, the game for me now kinda seems on auto-pilot. I'm playing Dafuge's challenge and I just can't seem to muster up any enthusiasm for it. I'm into League 2 in my 3rd season, without touching tactics or training. I've signed players that my scouts have recommended and it all just seems out of my hands.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to make the game exciting for me again?

You know what...I agree with the OP. The game does give a sense of auto pilot due to staff recommending the best players and scouts basically telling you how good a player is. For me gone are the glory days of hunting for players with good attributes as now all I need to do is listen to the "hints" they give me about signing the best young players, and then listening to my scouts tell me that this player is better than our current options or that they will become a superstar.

Perhaps experiment with different tactics?

Over the years I've tried all sorts of tactical approaches, in many different countries, where some work better than others.

Different tactical approaches can also require different types of players, offering different challenges to that aspect of the game.

Although I'm quite handy with most things tactical, I still to this day have never mastered a formation that uses three at the back. It's something I'll try again though, because it's one that's posed a good tactical challenge.

Set yourself challenges.

Try playing a game without signing anyone for money - free transfers only.

Try playing a game without using scout/ass manager recommendations.

Try a game developing young players through your youth team. Try and build a youth centre like Barcelonas.

The game is as interesting as you allow it to be.

Set yourself challenges.

Try playing a game without using scout/ass manager recommendations.

Try a game developing young players through your youth team. Try and build a youth centre like Barcelonas.

The game is as interesting as you allow it to be.

.... Good points, there :thup: ....

Or, if you think temptation is too strong..., choose hell and manage Corinthian Casuals, I can assure the taste of a struggle will be back very soon..... :D

The problem is, you can easily create a very good team with just free transfers. Tried it with Blackpool when they were relegated in the second season...had more than 37 million balance and 20 million transfer fee..apart from 2 players, the rest were free, ran away with the league and then when i got to the Premier League, got offered a number of very good players...again for free. I think SI have once again gone to the extreme...i keep getting offers from agents about their players and with the transfer bug as it is, i can easily create at least a top 7 team with minimal expense

Archived