+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Disillusioned with the game...

Amateur

Default Disillusioned with the game...

I never thought I would say those words. The thing is, the game for me now kinda seems on auto-pilot. I'm playing Dafuge's challenge and I just can't seem to muster up any enthusiasm for it. I'm into League 2 in my 3rd season, without touching tactics or training. I've signed players that my scouts have recommended and it all just seems out of my hands.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to make the game exciting for me again?

Amateur

Strap some balls on and go to a club that needs a hero, needs a guiding hand, needs you.

Leyton Orient?

X

Banned

You have the Steve Coppell syndrome. Resing from your job, holiday for the rest of the season, and then start applying for jobs again. Looking at what has happened in your time away might reignite the passion!

Either that or you could.....stop playing the game.

Part-Timer

You know what...I agree with the OP. The game does give a sense of auto pilot due to staff recommending the best players and scouts basically telling you how good a player is. For me gone are the glory days of hunting for players with good attributes as now all I need to do is listen to the "hints" they give me about signing the best young players, and then listening to my scouts tell me that this player is better than our current options or that they will become a superstar.

Amateur

yeah i know what you meen OP. really depressed atm got a season going with my beloved Manchester city won 6 out of 6 arsenal and spurs away formation that i like CRASH. last save was before aresenal game ruined it completlty havent got into september once in about 15 attempts to start a new save game

Amateur

Also don't think I have changed tactics, formation or training since about FM 2006. Just kinda feels like a fantasy football game now, where I just sign players and see what happens.

Maybe it's more realistic, but i'm just not having as much fun.

Part-Timer

Manage newcastle and be dammed forever

Reserves
    Granada, Spain @GranadaCdeF_en & @HeathISF Editor: InsideSpanishFootball.com

Perhaps experiment with different tactics?

Over the years I've tried all sorts of tactical approaches, in many different countries, where some work better than others.

Different tactical approaches can also require different types of players, offering different challenges to that aspect of the game.

Although I'm quite handy with most things tactical, I still to this day have never mastered a formation that uses three at the back. It's something I'll try again though, because it's one that's posed a good tactical challenge.

Amateur

Set yourself challenges.

Try playing a game without signing anyone for money - free transfers only.

Try playing a game without using scout/ass manager recommendations.

Try a game developing young players through your youth team. Try and build a youth centre like Barcelonas.

The game is as interesting as you allow it to be.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by jcafcwbb View Post
    Set yourself challenges.

Try playing a game without using scout/ass manager recommendations.
    Try a game developing young players through your youth team. Try and build a youth centre like Barcelonas.
    The game is as interesting as you allow it to be.
    .... Good points, there ....
    Or, if you think temptation is too strong..., choose hell and manage Corinthian Casuals, I can assure the taste of a struggle will be back very soon.....

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by jcafcwbb View Post
    The problem is, you can easily create a very good team with just free transfers. Tried it with Blackpool when they were relegated in the second season...had more than 37 million balance and 20 million transfer fee..apart from 2 players, the rest were free, ran away with the league and then when i got to the Premier League, got offered a number of very good players...again for free. I think SI have once again gone to the extreme...i keep getting offers from agents about their players and with the transfer bug as it is, i can easily create at least a top 7 team with minimal expense

+ Reply to Thread