How do I find good regen players ?

Get your scouts out! Keep them busy. I have mine either roaming or scouting a nation as well as a competition (u18 and reserve leagues usually)

Also look through nations u21 squads and below and scout players there. I've come across a couple of gems at youth international level abroad that are either dirt cheap or some are on free transfers.

Depends what club you are. If you're a rich big club with high rep, send your scouts to the academies of other high rep clubs such as Barcelona or Arsenal. Any kid with the 'regen face' is a regen (duh?). Get scouts to report on them. When te scout watches a player in a match, he'll report on other good prospects in the game - possibly from both sides.

for some reason, year after year, my scouts tend to unearth gems in Watford's youth set-up.

set up a player search filter like I do.

Set the age to 17 or under and then set value as minimum of say £2m. This is not foolproof but it gives you an idea of the re-gens who are valued highly for their age and gives you a good start on the possible stars.

I have done this and found many good players this way - also found some duff ones as well so make sure you scout the ones that look good.

Firstly, this thread is helpful in identifying when newgens/regens are generated in each country: Newgen dates - chronological list.

On or around the dates in each of the countries featured in that threads list, you can either use the standard search (if your clubs scouting knowledge covers the different countries well enough), or manually search through u19's/u21's of the countries national sides, club sides.

It can be quite painstaking searching manually of course, but certainly worthwhile if you uncover a hidden gem. Don't forget you can also send your scouts out to a particular country if you know when the regen dates are, along with getting detailed scout reports when you find players you're interested in.

Good luck & happy hunting. :)

My method which works well at Arsenal is as follows.

Get as many scouts with the following stats or above: 15 for JPA adaptability and determination

Wherever their knowledge is most focused set them to scout that continent or region ie central europe for players aged 18 at most with technique at least 10

Works a treat shame im never good enough to see them fulfil their potential

Archived