If you get sacked does your reputation automatically reduce by 1 level?

• 2 weeks later...

In FM10 (or FM09, I'm not sure) I had the feeling tis was the case. Or your rep changed according to the league you were playing in. Which would have reduced Eriksson's rep a lot when he went to Notts County. I'm not sure this was really the case, didnt test it thoroughly, but I had a feeling that getting sacked or taking a lower rep job wasnt a good idea rep-wise..

In FM11 I quit my dutch level 3 job having regional rep after promotion from 4th tier and only got a job at english level 8 ("cant get job"-bug?), but my rep seems not to have changed. Which is a good thing, I didnt become a worse manager by taking a lesser job.

Be harsh if you were sacked for other than footballing reasons!

If your a European Cup winning manager and you get the sack, would be harsh to no longer be called a 'World Class' manager. Look at Rafa Benetiz, he got the sack from Liverpool but got hured immediately by the European Champions.

In FM10 (or FM09, I'm not sure) I had the feeling tis was the case. Or your rep changed according to the league you were playing in. Which would have reduced Eriksson's rep a lot when he went to Notts County. I'm not sure this was really the case, didnt test it thoroughly, but I had a feeling that getting sacked or taking a lower rep job wasnt a good idea rep-wise..

In FM11 I quit my dutch level 3 job having regional rep after promotion from 4th tier and only got a job at english level 8 ("cant get job"-bug?), but my rep seems not to have changed. Which is a good thing, I didnt become a worse manager by taking a lesser job.

You are quoting non SI based leagues, these are edited leagues and therefore any bug is an issue solely related to its creator not SI. You cant use these as a standard example for game based leagues.

As for the OP, I doubt it changes much it seems to only affect if you complete a season and are still unemployed, then it seems to affect your reputation. This is however an error on the games' part since IRL Managers spend ages unemployed and still land top jobs. Pardew the most recent example.

Be harsh if you were sacked for other than footballing reasons!

If your a European Cup winning manager and you get the sack, would be harsh to no longer be called a 'World Class' manager. Look at Rafa Benetiz, he got the sack from Liverpool but got hured immediately by the European Champions.

Benitez was sacked for footballing reasons tho.... namely Liverpool being consistently dreadful for a whole season, and subsequently is trying to go one worse at Inter. Pretty sure his rep should have dropped whilst at Liverpool even if his ability didn't.

Reputation is something you gain in the long run. If your reputation is high it usually needs more than just one sacking until it drops. Benitez is a good example. It would need at least two more sackings and bad seasons before his reputation would be damaged. Sackings are part of the game, it hurts low reputation managers more than those who are at the top.

Archived