View Poll Results: What is your approach to training?

Voters
122. You may not vote on this poll
  • I spend lots of time customising training schedules for my players

    54 44.26%
  • I ignore training completely and just use the default schedules provided

    28 22.95%
  • I generally ignore training, but I would customise my schedules if I only knew how to do it!

    40 32.79%
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 21 of 21

Thread: The Training Levels Graph & Training Arrows? (Please can we have a response from SI!)

  1. #1
    Amateur
    Join Date
    3rd December 2009
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    333

    Default The Training Levels Graph & Training Arrows? (Please can we have a response from SI!)

    In my opinion SI have commited a sin. Let me explain...


    Training Levels Graph

    I was always taught that when producing a graph the axes needed to be labelled and the units displayed.

    I know that the bars in the Training Levels Graph incorporate multiple factors. So on this basis I accept that labeling the vertical axis is difficult and I'm also willing to accept the fact that a single unit, that makes any sense, may not exist.

    But, what is the Training Levels Graph telling me?

    Is it to be interpreted as the 'chance of attributes increasing per category' as I've read a decent poster speculate in another thread? Are the bars relative to each other meaning that if I modify one it will affect the others? I have tried, tried and tried again to understand what these bars really mean and I've always ended up with more questions than answers.

    Let me be clear, I am not looking for anyone at SI to reveal any sort of game mechanics. All I want to know is how I can or should use this graph, this potentially valuable information that the game is giving me, to adjust or personalise my training schedules to suit my players.

    This leads me to my second question...

    Training Arrows

    Now, I know that these Red/Green indicators are updated weekly. I can change them by increasing or decreasing the training category sliders. That's fine.

    Again, what I'd like to know is, what are these telling me?

    Are they just an indication of any changes I make to my schedule or are they a direct indication of CA gain or loss. I don't wish SI to reveal any sensitive game mechanics. All I want to know is how should I be using them to produce better training schedules for my players?



    I love this game and I'm begging SI to give a clear description of what these things do, especially the training graph. There is next to no information in any of the manuals on these topics which is a real shame as player development is, for me, one of the most addictive parts of this game.

    I'll also apologise in advance to any of you wonderful posters who would be willing to try and answer my questions but I'll only be satisfied when I read a response from someone with a nice blue SI badge under their forum name! For those of you without a nice badge, I have set up a poll to find out who how many people like me tend to ignore training because they don't understand how to use the information the game provides.

    So come on Mr Riz Reemes et al. Please grant me my request. I know I'm not the only one who wants to know this...
    Last edited by ProZone; 08-12-2010 at 15:24.

  2. #2
    First Team Squad Member
    Join Date
    9th November 2010
    Location
    Standing free, wherever i may be
    Posts
    15,624

    Default

    in terms of the arrows i think its quite simple, green means you player is improving, either through training or game time or a combination, red means they are not working hard enough, either again through training, games or injury. I would say if most of your players have green arrows you are doing something right, most red, something wrong, if just one player has read arrows i suggest a private chat about his training level.
    I believe the graph just shows how your players have progressed, if the lines have gone up they have improved and vice versa.

  3. #3
    Amateur
    Join Date
    3rd December 2009
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    333

    Default

    You 'think' and 'believe' Sir, but I'd like to know for defininte

    I'd like to know exactly how to use these to optimise the training development of my players.

  4. #4
    Amateur
    Join Date
    26th October 2007
    Posts
    128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ProZone View Post
    You 'think' and 'believe' Sir, but I'd like to know for defininte

    I'd like to know exactly how to use these to optimise the training development of my players.
    The green and red arrows directy say weather the corresponding attributes have risen or decreased. Attributes in FM work with a extra decimal point than is displayed to the user. For instance

    "tackling" is acctually 18.2 the game will show 18. Or finnishing is 13.8 the game would still show 13. Now when there is an increase in these attributes then a green arrow would show, but it obviously might not be enough to trigger the whole number diplayed to change, because it might have risen by 0.1, same for the red arrows.

    I know that this is a fact, FM works with extra decimal points for attributes, but these are not shown to the user.


    As far as the BAR chart "training level" is concerned, i have no idea what that means, and would like to know aswell. Only thing i can gues is that the higer the bar for the month the more attributes have changed for the better. And the lower the bar ffom the middle to more have decreased ? i dunno


    hope i have helped.
    Last edited by timkanu; 08-12-2010 at 11:38.

  5. #5
    Sports Interactive Riz Remes's Avatar
    Join Date
    16th March 2001
    Location
    Helsinki, Finland
    Posts
    5,355

    Default

    Training level graph tells you how well the player is training in each category, ie. it thus reflects the chances of related attributes improving. Naturally there are a lot of factors involved, but the training levels should give you an idea on how the training schedule is currently working out for the player.

    The training arrows show exactly what it says on the screen, the training improvements of the attributes. You should note that an attribute can improve without a visible change in the 1-20 display value of the attribute, because the actual attribute levels are tracked on a more detailed scale inside the game. You can notice this via the attribute graph on the player profile training screen, where the changes smaller than 1 display unit are also visible. We've added an option in the next patch to expand the graph to fill the whole panel, so it is even clearer to see the changes.

  6. #6
    Amateur
    Join Date
    5th August 2009
    Posts
    94

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ProZone View Post
    In my opinion SI have commited a sin. Let me explain...


    Training Levels Graph

    I was always taught ...
    That's where I stopped reading.

  7. #7
    Amateur
    Join Date
    3rd December 2009
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Riz Remes View Post
    Training level graph tells you how well the player is training in each category, ie. it thus reflects the chances of related attributes improving. Naturally there are a lot of factors involved, but the training levels should give you an idea on how the training schedule is currently working out for the player.

    The training arrows show exactly what it says on the screen, the training improvements of the attributes. You should note that an attribute can improve without a visible change in the 1-20 display value of the attribute, because the actual attribute levels are tracked on a more detailed scale inside the game. You can notice this via the attribute graph on the player profile training screen, where the changes smaller than 1 display unit are also visible. We've added an option in the next patch to expand the graph to fill the whole panel, so it is even clearer to see the changes.
    Thankyou Riz, much appreciated.

    Glad to hear that improvements are still being made to the training module/display too.

    Last question, do the dotted lines on the Training Graph correspond to anything worthy of mention? Are they, for example, increments of say 20% chance of improvement? Or is a 0% chance somewhere in the middle and thus a very low bar height means an X% chance of attribute decline? Or are they, as I supsect, just some lines to help the eye compare the various bar heights?
    Last edited by ProZone; 08-12-2010 at 15:31.

  8. #8
    Amateur
    Join Date
    19th November 2008
    Posts
    322

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Riz Remes View Post
    We've added an option in the next patch to expand the graph to fill the whole panel, so it is even clearer to see the changes.
    I've found this to be a problem for a while now, not being able to see the improvements, so have you an idea when the patch will be released?

  9. #9
    First Team Squad Member
    Join Date
    8th April 2003
    Location
    XBL tag: Nadessico. I'm the tag team champions!
    Posts
    16,593

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pret View Post
    I've found this to be a problem for a while now, not being able to see the improvements, so have you an idea when the patch will be released?
    in December

  10. #10
    Third Team
    Join Date
    6th December 2005
    Location
    Hugo Boss
    Posts
    9,728

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nadessico View Post
    in December
    When its ready.

  11. #11
    Amateur
    Join Date
    7th August 2009
    Location
    Guess
    Posts
    512

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by edgar555 View Post
    When its ready.
    He already had an answer before your post, even though it is another delightful gem of a post from you, I must say the amount of posts like this from you seem endless.

    Good point OP, nice to see you looking for improvement in the game.
    Last edited by GillsMan; 08-12-2010 at 20:56. Reason: ...

  12. #12
    Amateur
    Join Date
    28th November 2008
    Posts
    188

    Default

    @ prozone

    hello sir !

    As you can see ... Riz don't say more than Vaughan in hints and tips, the older approximativ things that cleon describe, may be less !
    He don't talk about acquisition maintain, includ in the graphic, and don't offer a calibration method. Not even the Vaughan's regulation general training volum / time to recovery condition.
    The good point is :
    We've added an option in the next patch to expand the graph to fill the whole panel, so it is even clearer to see the changes
    Thx Riz.

    Will see ...

    For the rest, my friend Prozone, we have an excellente book call : Treaty about zen and bicycle maintenance.
    Even, i use to evoke usualy, plumbing examples ...

    All my sincerely support, and friendsip.

  13. #13
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    25th April 2003
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    1,091

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Riz Remes View Post
    Training level graph tells you how well the player is training in each category, ie. it thus reflects the chances of related attributes improving. Naturally there are a lot of factors involved, but the training levels should give you an idea on how the training schedule is currently working out for the player.
    What does the overall graph mean? Is it important to have this high or can I focus on maximising my chosen attribute sets?

  14. #14
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    10th April 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    2,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Riz Remes View Post
    We've added an option in the next patch to expand the graph to fill the whole panel, so it is even clearer to see the changes.
    Ah Thank God for that.
    to SI.

  15. #15
    Amateur
    Join Date
    3rd December 2009
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by celebritykiller View Post
    What does the overall graph mean? Is it important to have this high or can I focus on maximising my chosen attribute sets?
    Good question. I'd like to know this too!

  16. #16
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    10th April 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    2,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by celebritykiller View Post
    What does the overall graph mean? Is it important to have this high or can I focus on maximising my chosen attribute sets?
    Higher bars mean better training in that category. And you don't need to have every bar at the top, just the ones you want to increase.
    Yes you can focus on a particular set(s).

  17. #17
    Amateur
    Join Date
    3rd July 2010
    Posts
    795

    Default

    I'm distraught.

    Biabiany has lost one point of pace, and one point of dribbling for no reason. He has been training well, playing most games, playing well, and he is 24. Yet he is getting worse for some reason.

    I'm well upset as hes been my best player and hes not going to be any good if he loses his main asset.

  18. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    21st January 2007
    Posts
    1,872

    Default

    This poll is like FM private chats, it is missing the fundamental choices / answers.

    I tweaked a bit my trainings but I dedicate to them neither lot of time nor I ignore them at all.

  19. #19
    Amateur
    Join Date
    2nd April 2010
    Location
    Brothers in arms
    Posts
    215

    Default

    Well, looks like mr and mrs from SI don't have time for us. This is not only rude but it also violets the fact they ought to give us some feedback on their software as we are a legitimate buyers who payed their money to be playing this blackbox.
    I know they are afraid someone will steal their logic and make a similar game but noone will steal your concept if you say what facts contribute to what effect in a game.
    So you can be nice and tell us how to build our own schedules or will be rude and ignore us and by doing that make us not to play this game anymore, as it's useles to spand your time on something you don't understand

  20. #20
    First Team Squad Member
    Join Date
    9th November 2010
    Location
    Standing free, wherever i may be
    Posts
    15,624

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John_Cro View Post
    Well, looks like mr and mrs from SI don't have time for us. This is not only rude but it also violets the fact they ought to give us some feedback on their software as we are a legitimate buyers who payed their money to be playing this blackbox.
    I know they are afraid someone will steal their logic and make a similar game but noone will steal your concept if you say what facts contribute to what effect in a game.
    So you can be nice and tell us how to build our own schedules or will be rude and ignore us and by doing that make us not to play this game anymore, as it's useles to spand your time on something you don't understand
    what are you going on about, someone from SI has responded, but they are not going to tell you how to make a perfect training schedule, thats your job as a manager. Anyway if you want to cheat and find the perfect schedule search the forums there are plenty threads that will help you out.

  21. #21
    Amateur
    Join Date
    2nd April 2010
    Location
    Brothers in arms
    Posts
    215

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by milnerpoint View Post
    what are you going on about, someone from SI has responded, but they are not going to tell you how to make a perfect training schedule, thats your job as a manager. Anyway if you want to cheat and find the perfect schedule search the forums there are plenty threads that will help you out.
    Actually I did, but on another site. Look at my thread about training

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts