Make your mind up mate

heh.. that's funny... you might be able to work it out but it's still a joke in terms of the AI... it's like a player demanding to be transfer listed just after the transfer window closes. Well ok, I'll list you but don't expect to go anywhere.

And yes one of my players has indeed done that.

The AI is a joke per and simple.

we get it mate, you hate this game...

No.. I play it.. the only times I'm on these boards is when I'm waiting for it to process... But I know it could be a hell of a lot better and imo the AI is certainly the worst aspect that needs to be fixed.

Another example of things that "never" happen IRL.

Perhaps, but you might expect a player irl to try and put in some good form to get more interested buyers... in-game unhappy players that want a to be listed have their morale drop and usually a bad run of form. How about a better example though, players whining they want to move to a bigger club for a full year, except they had a completely terrible year and not even equal level clubs have any interest in them let alone the bigger clubs... Yet they still want that bigger club.

No.. I play it.. the only times I'm on these boards is when I'm waiting for it to process... But I know it could be a hell of a lot better and imo the AI is certainly the worst aspect that needs to be fixed.

just to clarify, i deleted this before i saw you had replied as i didnt see a point in me starting an off topic conversation

Perhaps, but you might expect a player irl to try and put in some good form to get more interested buyers... in-game unhappy players that want a to be listed have their morale drop and usually a bad run of form. How about a better example though, players whining they want to move to a bigger club for a full year, except they had a completely terrible year and not even equal level clubs have any interest in them let alone the bigger clubs... Yet they still want that bigger club.

That would require football players to be smart instead of cry-babies.

There have been PLENTY of players who has started whining about switching clubs in september/october. Rooney anyone? The game should reflect this, as it is one of the annoying parts of a managers job. Same goes for players wanting to get to a bigger club even though they're hardly playing/playing badly, Bjørn Helge Riise's whining while at Lillestrøm is the first example that pops to mind. Real human beings sometimes struggle to see their own worth. And FM should, again, reflect this.

EDIT: two more examples: Sebastian Eguren and Alejandro Lago while at Rosenborg.

It's not so much the complaining to move that gets me as much as is it warranted and what comes with it. For instance my two key strikes in season 1, one had all the interest from other clubs (same as irl in fact) but he wants to stay with my club, fine none of the clubs made an offer in the fubar transfer system anyway. The other guy who has no clubs showing interest in him comes to me late in the year wanting a move to a bigger club, try to convince him otherwise and he just gets more ****y. So i list him even though it's after the window closed. No interest and certainly no offers. Post season, holiday, pre-season for my 2ns run, mid season, end of the season. He had a completely terrible 2nd season, my backup/rotation striker scored as many goals as he did in 1/3 the matches played. Still no interest and no offers. Start of the third season, he's reasonably happy, he's had the 'feels we have a good relationship' personal note, usually after I told him he was playing poorly. But he still will not even consider signing a new contract.

Now I've got better players so I could care less about this guy to be honest, I would like to get something in exchange for him but that's very unlikely. The only reason I've not dumped him on his tail and released him is he's a team icon and don't want to take the confidence hit. He's at the tail ends of his career and it would be nice to keep him as a backup until he retires... but the AI insists he can get signed by a bigger club, it's just silly.

Archived