**Are You Able to Highlight, Select All and then able to Transfer List, Scout etc???*

Sorry if this is not clear in the title. i read the other day that say for eg. you are in your shortlist, you are able to highlight a number of players (i.e shift button and up and down arrows) then right click and scout all players highlighted.

or eg. in your squad list, highlight a number of players, right click and transfer list / or set as available for loan etc.

is this possible? i have tried but can figure it out....

thanks

There is a bug that prevents multiple instructions being issued if some of the players already have an instruction. For eg if you wanted to select half your squad and set them to rest for 3 days, if any of them already have a rest order, even if its at 0 days, you will not be able to issue a group instruction. The only way around this is to set player instructions by going into each players details Seperately. As you can imagine this is time consuming and not at all fun, but im sure some players will be able to work around it. This actually applys to right clicking single players aswell

There is a bug that prevents multiple instructions being issued if some of the players already have an instruction. For eg if you wanted to select half your squad and set them to rest for 3 days, if any of them already have a rest order, even if its at 0 days, you will not be able to issue a group instruction. The only way around this is to set player instructions by going into each players details Seperately. As you can imagine this is time consuming and not at all fun, but im sure some players will be able to work around it

I wouldn't call that a bug at all. In fact its always been that way. Its not exactly difficult to deal with anyway, just select all then using ctrl deselect the ones that already have instructions. Of course if you are only looking for bugs then you will try to make one out of anything.

Also a wee thing to watch out for - if one of your selections has no value, or is already transfer/loan listed, or is out of contract then it won't let you do this. Not sure exactly which types prevent you from doing this but it happens to me alkl the time....

I wouldn't call that a bug at all.

Seriously? hehe i bet SI would call it a bug and im damn sure i call it a bug. It wasnt in 2010 so im not asure what you mean by always that way. Its a bug, its part of the broken interface. Anyway OP i hope that helps explain whats happening.

Also a wee thing to watch out for - if one of your selections has no value, or is already transfer/loan listed, or is out of contract then it won't let you do this. Not sure exactly which types prevent you from doing this but it happens to me alkl the time....

Its the same thing mentioned above, if they already have a contradictory instruction then it obviously won't allow you to change.

ok great, thanks for all the answers. i'll test tonight.

Just to confirm, say i highlighted 10 players in my reserves, and 3 of them were already "transfer listed" and the other 7 were not. But i wanted ALL of them tansfer listed, would this still put the remainding 7 players on transfer list or would it not work for anybody as 3 of them will already be on the list, hence causing nothing to work, as mentioned above???

ok great, thanks for all the answers. i'll test tonight.

Just to confirm, say i highlighted 10 players in my reserves, and 3 of them were already "transfer listed" and the other 7 were not. But i wanted ALL of them tansfer listed, would this still put the remainding 7 players on transfer list or would it not work for anybody as 3 of them will already be on the list, hence causing nothing to work, as mentioned above???

I believe you would have to deselect the other 3 first.

now imagine you just finished a match and you want to rest all the players that need a day off. You sort them by fitness and you got no way of working out which if any already have insturctions. This means you need to go thru the entire squad to pick them out one by one. Compare that to shift clicking and doing the lot in one go. Its a bug really isnt it ?

Seriously? hehe i bet SI would call it a bug and im damn sure i call it a bug. It wasnt in 2010 so im not asure what you mean by always that way. Its a bug, its part of the broken interface. Anyway OP i hope that helps explain whats happening.

i noticed this happening in fm2010. i thought it was a 'feature'!

I can understand if it is done by design.

you would, perhaps, only want to change a single value, for multiple people, if they all had the same value to start with. would be nice if it didn't matter if they had the same value though.

to use your example, it could be argued 'why would you want to set someones 'rest period' if they already have it set?' rather than have you select them all and the program just updating the ones it deems necessary, which would ,in my opinion, be confusing, it just refuses the whole action.

now imagine you just finished a match and you want to rest all the players that need a day off. You sort them by fitness and you got no way of working out which if any already have insturctions. This means you need to go thru the entire squad to pick them out one by one. Compare that to shift clicking and doing the lot in one go. Its a bug really isnt it ?

No, see postal postie's answer, it says it better than I could. But you keep looking and I'm sure you'll find some more bugs :thup:

Yep, was like this in FM10.

I use it mainly for highlighting a number of players and right click and then Available for the Reserves until Match Fit. The annoying thing is that I can't chose that option if some of my selection are already match fit. I wouldn't call this a bug though, nor a feature.

Something which doesn't work as good as it should does not mean its a bug.

Well i would suggest your game was bugged then. It wasnt an issue for me at all in 2010. It worked just like shift clicking works in windows and it made perfect sense that it would work that way.

No my game wasn't bugged, its always been this way. As others have pointed out. Maybe your copy of 10 had the bug? Just get over it man. Honestly I'm sure they could probably make it work the way you want it to, but I'd much rather they concentrated on the important stuff.

Its a bug. It adds many many mouse clicks to sometihng that need not have them. Part of making good games is tracking these things down and making them work properly. If my copy of 2010 was special then im v happy. I suppose only somebody from SI can say if its working as intended or not, other that that we will have to agree to disagree.

Its a bug. It adds many many mouse clicks to sometihng that need not have them. Part of making good games is tracking these things down and making them work properly. If my copy of 2010 was special then im v happy. I suppose only somebody from SI can say if its working as intended or not, other that that we will have to agree to disagree.

If it bothers you that much then add it to the wishlist or log it in the UI section of the bug forum. Otherwise it will continue to work as it does now, and seeing as its always been this way I can only glean from this that it is working as intended.

And your continued repeating of 'its a bug' doesn't make it so.

Its not a bug, its how its supposed to be. If you have already given him contrary instructions it doesn't allow you to change them this way. As I said before if you feel that this should work better then let UI guys know, otherwise it will continue to work as it is supposed to and how it was designed. If you do not flag this as an issue(which it seems only bothers you but thats beside the point really) then it will never change.

I have faith in SI and their testers. I think they probably already know about it, so i wont clutter these forums with more threads.

No I'd suggest they don't because you seem to be the only one with the issue. Adding important stuff in the bug forum is not cluttering them, its what they are for.

Typical GD poster, will whine and whine but not take any positive action. :rolleyes:

Well im sure it wont matter then if its only me. Im not going to, but you can report it if its bothering you.

I think if you read my posts again, take it slow if you need to, that it doesn't bother me. People making up bugs (god knows there are enough issues) annoys me. As do people who won't take action over supposed problems. By choosing not to report it I take it we won't have to hear from you on this subject again seeing as you have given it 'tacit approval'.

Archived