FM11 - Juan Ángel Albín - No money for Pastore? No problem!

el sid

Juan Ángel Albín

albin_42501895.jpg

In Real Life:

Juan Ángel Albín Leites is an Uruguayan footballer who plays for Getafe CF in the Spanish first division, mainly as a supporting striker.

Born in Salto, Salto Department, Albín started his career at Club Nacional de Football in Montevideo, where he won three national titles. His strong performances won him a transfer to Getafe CF during the 2006 summer transfer window.

In his first season, Albín appeared sparingly (13 games), but blossomed as first-choice in 2007–08, as the Madrid outskirts team reached the quarterfinals of the UEFA Cup, and a mid-table league position. After a coaching change brought Míchel to the club's bench, however, he began appearing less regularly.

In Football Manager 2011:

General Info

Name: Juan Ángel Albín Leites

DOB: July 17, 1986

Nationality: Uruguay

Place of Birth: Salto, Uruguay

International Record: 14 youth caps, 7 youth goals

Languages Spoken: Spanish

Club: Getafe CF (Liga BBVA)

Value: £1.9 million

Wage: £12, 000 per week

Contracted Upto: 30.6.2011

Minimum fee release clause: £21.5 million

Description: Flamboyant Midfielder

Personality: Balanced

Media-Handling Style: Media Friendly

Positions:

Attacking Midfielder (Center) – Natural

Attacking Midfielder (Left) – Accomplished

Striker – Accomplished

Midfielder (Left) – Competent

Attacking Midfielder (Right) – Unconvincing

Feet:

Left Foot – Very Strong

Right Foot – Very Weak

PPMs

• Moves into Channels

• Avoids using weaker foot

Initial Profile

JuanngelAlbnProfile_Attributes.png

After two seasons

JuanngelAlbnProfile_Attributes-2.png

As you can see, he’s the creative force of my title winning Dortmund team. He goes on amazing dribbles from midfield, beating, at times, half the opposition before putting my striker through. Also has a decent finish inside the box and is a threat outside as well. A spectacular player I would recommend to anyone.

Tactical Help

This would be my recommended setup for Albin, playing at AMC

BorussiaDortmundDortmund_Tactics.png

Which teams should sign him?

Any team in the top leagues looking for a cheap creative playmaker for the creative spark

What should I pay?

£2.4 – 2.8 million transfer fee at the start of the game

Wages of around £15, 000 – 17, 000 per week

Your scout will recommend not signing him as he would fail his work permit application, but he will become an EU national soon, as his status is ‘awaiting paperwork’ for Spanish nationality.

I do not know his CA/PA but I do not think they will be very high because of his one-footedness.

Final suggestions:

• I would recommend playing him behind a fast striker with decent off the ball and anticipation, who can combine well with him and anticipate his through balls.

• He is best when he has multiple passing options, so the formations that suit him best are the one that have two upfront, or one forward with wingers acting as inside forwards.

• He is also a very able set piece taker. A good choice for your corner taker and will also score a few goals every season from direct free kicks.

• Do not ask him to unlearn ‘Avoids using weaker foot’ as this might lead to misplaced shots and poor passes off his weak right foot.

• Buy him.

Thanks for reading.

Could of atleast made an effort with thread. Jeez!

--

Just kidding! Nice thread, was it FM08 or FM09 that he started off with amazing attributes? I see he is still able to get picked up for a good price.

Cannot believe you compared him to the great Pastore though! :eek:

Could of atleast made an effort with thread. Jeez!

--

Just kidding! Nice thread, was it FM08 or FM09 that he started off with amazing attributes? I see he is still able to get picked up for a good price.

Cannot believe you compared him to the great Pastore though! :eek:

You sly bastard :D Cheers :thup:

How long will it take for the paperwork to go in order for him to become spanish citizen?

Don't wanna rent him out to a belgium club for 3 years

I think he will get it pretty soon. His status is already awaiting paperwork, so I don't expect it will take too long.

He was immense for my Milan side.

I definitely think he is better on the wing though. With the pace and one-footedness. I like my AMCs to have at least 17 passing if possible as well.

I did try him in the wings at first, but found him more effective in the hole. Could be because of the type of lone forward I've though, he's not very good at heading.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived