+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Assurances from SI

Amateur

Default Assurances from SI

Have there been any assurances from SI that any specific bugs are going to be fixed in the December patch?

Would be nice to see a list of main things that they're working on.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    Have there been any assurances from SI that any specific bugs are going to be fixed in the December patch?

Would be nice to see a list of main things that they're working on.
    i agree also

First Team
    croydon, uk \'THE master of muppets\' JUST CALL ME POSTAL PROGRAMMER

doub thtey'll tell us what they're working on as some of it may not make the next patch. Best to give us a list of what is actually in the patch, which would be done when they release it, rather than a list of things they are trying to get done for the patch.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by postal postie View Post
    doub thtey'll tell us what they're working on as some of it may not make the next patch. Best to give us a list of what is actually in the patch, which would be done when they release it, rather than a list of things they are trying to get done for the patch.
    Yeah that is true to be fair. Maybe a few major issues that they could commit to fixing for this patch?

Banned

They 'could' give a list of stuff that will be in the patch but they cant give assurances that it will fix anything or that it wont have knock on effects

First Team
    croydon, uk \'THE master of muppets\' JUST CALL ME POSTAL PROGRAMMER

Quote Originally Posted by StevoRobbo View Post
    They 'could' give a list of stuff that will be in the patch but they cant give assurances that it will fix anything or that it wont have knock on effects
    how woudl that be any better than no information?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by postal postie View Post
    how woudl that be any better than no information?
    Did I say it would be

Youth Team

yeah i think they should atleast give us some info on whats being sorted.

Amateur

Why would they promise to fix anything? Everyone would go mental if something they promised to fix didn't get fixed.
    Last edited by ShootTheRunner; 05-12-2010 at 18:14. Reason: didn't make sense.

Youth Team
    Living life in lower leagues using my own guidelines,searching for hours for just the right player.

Quote Originally Posted by ShootTheRunner View Post
    Why would they promise to fix anything? Everyone would go mental if something they promised to fixed didn't get fixed.
    So many things wrong in that 1 sentence.

Amateur

I'm not saying they're not going to fix anything by the way.

Part-Timer

they don't have to. you've already paid.

Amateur

I'm going to buy this game like a gift in Christmas for my younger brother, but I think I should consider another game because I'm not sure whether they could fix the serious bugs in this game. If I do, may be my brother will come upon the forum and groan like me.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by ShootTheRunner View Post
    Why would they promise to fix anything? Everyone would go mental if something they promised to fix didn't get fixed.
    ^ This.

I would like to know things that are fixed/the changelog like we had posted leading up to the first patch with both game and match engine changes that were being tested. But as soon as that happens, the board will be flooded with "when is the patch out?" threads.

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by Nik_Dut View Post
    then no one would pay next year if they didnt fix it

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by jackripper View Post
    then no one would pay next year if they didnt fix it
    Yes they would. Less people would, but a huge majority would still buy it.

Semi Pro

From what I've seen, there have been various comments about some of people's key concerns in this forum and the bugs forum. But SI normally attack quite a lot of issues in patches, and therefore don't normally provide a full list of potential fixes and changes until the patch goes live, after testing, in case they need to roll back or can't deliver a specific fix.

Part-Timer

iirc, co-ownership bug from italy didn't get fixed even after 10.3, although it is nice not seeing those so far in 11.1.... it's almost like a never ending circle....

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by Nik_Dut View Post
    one of the many reasons FM outsells the opposition is bacause they are striving for the best game possible. if they didn't make the effort to fix the bugs the game would not progress, people will stop buying their games and the company falls apart.

there have been big bugs that are well known to SI. they have acknowledged in numerous threads that they are looking into and working on these issues so it is safe to say that there will be changes to these issues in the next patch.

Amateur

hehe, can i be cheaky here and surgest that you have a quick read of the bugs forum. just look for the threads that have the most reply's for each bug that your interested in, most of them have an acknowledgement from SI.

i know this is the hard way for us to find out, but personally i would prefer them to work hard and deliver a good patch than take time out to reassure all us moaners. lol

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by FMADDICT69 View Post
    hehe, can i be cheaky here and surgest that you have a quick read of the bugs forum. just look for the threads that have the most reply's for each bug that your interested in, most of them have an acknowledgement from SI.

i know this is the hard way for us to find out, but personally i would prefer them to work hard and deliver a good patch than take time out to reassure all us moaners. lol
    Nothing cheaky(sic) in your response at all. For anyone worried about bugs being acknowledged and looked at, the bugs forum is the only place they should be looking. But obviously if they did that they wouldn't be able to open yet another 'bug' thread in GD.

+ Reply to Thread