The Polar Teddybears (Greenland Double) Challenge;

Coca Cola Greenlandic Mesterskabet.

Greenland_FA.png

Polar Bamserne / The Polar Teddybears

Even on the edge of the world people enjoy the beautiful game of football. Greenland is a very large island on top of the Atlantic Ocean that is governed by Denmark. Although several colonies are allowed entry to the FIFA, Greenlands application has been denied until present. The Greenlandic FA (GBU) is now member of the NF-Board (Non-FIFA countries). At October 17th the GBU joined a new organisation, the International Football Union. This Portugal based organisation wants to join countries that are awaiting a future FIFA membership.

Greenlands' soil has brought up one very strong player in particular, formerly under contract at a.o. Ajax and Chelsea, Jesper Gronkjaer. Since there are no grass pitches in Greenland, games are played on artificial turf.

The knickname of the national team is "Polar Bamserne", Polar Teddybears in English, and the team plays international friendly fixtures since 1977. The main competition in which Greenland makes regularly its appearance, are the Island Games, a kind of Olympic Games for islands from allover the world.

Due to the difficulties in traveling around Greenland, the national league starts with local tournaments (Inlendende runde). The winners of the local tournament proceed to a second phase tournament on regional basis (Mellemrunde). The winners of this second phase proceed to the annual Coca Cola GM final turnament, the National Championship of Greenland. The league winner does not earn acces to any international club tournament.

The Greenland Double Challenge!

The Greenland national football team is the national team of Greenland and is controlled by the Football Association of Greenland. Despite being eligible (on the same basis as the Faroe Islands), Greenland is not a member of FIFA nor of any continental confederation and therefore is not eligible to enter the World Cup or other sanctioned tournaments as of September, 2009. Most of the matches they have played have been against the Faroe Islands and Iceland, but neither of the two consider those games full internationals. It has also played Tibet, since neither are FIFA members.

Greenland is a member of the International Island Games Association and has taken part in Football at the Island Games. Since October 13, 2005 it is a provisional member of the NF-Board and since March 25, 2006 it is full-member. On October 17, 2009 the team was accepted as a provisional member of the IFU. On September 13, 2010 Sepp Blatter visited the island and announced FIFAs approval of the new field.

So what if Sepp Blatter not only approved this new field but granted the Greenland FA entry into FIFA?

This is what would happen, this is Greenlands story .. This is your challenge.

Download File: http://www.filefront.com/17605049/Greenland1.dbc

The file contains all you need to get started, the Greenland league system is as close as can be made with the editor the clubs are as good as can be found (without being from Greenland myself) and hopefully they are to a good enough standard for everyone any problems let me know (i have holidayed for 8 years and everything looks good).

How to set up;

Put the above into the following directory My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2011\Editor Data. Start a 'New Game', and you will asked to choose a database. Tick 'Change', press 'OK', and choose the Greenland file.

Custom database is recommended adding all Greenland players and add players to playable clubs.

Attribute masking must be enabled.

You are allowed to use fake players if you wish (i've only added an handfull of Greenland players anyway).

Create a manager and his/her reputation must be set at Sunday league footballer. Your manager nationality is up to you as is wether you want a second Nationality or not.

Start off Unemployed and apply to take over any (yes any) Coca Cola GM club, wrap up warm enjoy the Greenland scenary and lead your team to league and eventually Champions League Glory!

Extra: You can apply for the Greenland National job (including u21 or u19) at any time and see if you can qualify for a major tournament!!

.. And finally any questions just ask and Good Luck everyone.

Artificialpitch.jpg

The new artificial pitch in Qoqortoq.

Nuuk.jpg

NUUK Football Pitch.

StadiumNuukStand.jpg

The 2007 GM Final.

Thought this might help, and i like to know where i'm managing so look here for whereabouts your new home is located.

Club           City

A-51           Akunnaaq
Amaroq         Saattut
ATA            Tasiilaq
B-67           Nuuk
Disko-76       Ilulissat
Equluk 54      Tasiusaq
Equluk 56      Ikerasak
FC Malamuk     Uumannaq
G-44           Qeqertarsuaq
K'ingmek' -45  Upernavik
K-33           Qaqortoq
Kagssagssuk    Maniitsoq
KT-85          Kangaamiut
Kugsak 45      Qasigiannguit
N-48           Ilulissat
N-85           Narsaq
Nagtoralik     Paamiut
NUK            Nuuk
SAK            Sisimiut
Siuteroq-43    Nanortalik
UB-68          Uumannaq

GM Championship History!

1958      not known
1959-70   not known
year    champions             runners-up            third                 venue
1971    T-41                  GSS                                         Nuuk
1972    GSS                   T-41                                        Nuuk
1973    GSS                   SAK                                         Nuuk
1974    SAK                   K-1933                                      Sisimiut
1975    GSS                   G-44                                        Aasiaat
1976    GSS                                                               Nuuk
1977    Nagdlúnguaq                                                       Sisimiut
1978    Nagdlúnguaq                                                       Nuuk
1979    CIF-70                SAK                                         Aasiaat
1980    Nagdlúnguaq           SAK                                         Qaqortoq
1981    NÛK                   Nagdlúnguaq           SAK                   Sisimiut
1982    Nagdlúnguaq           NÛK                                         Nuuk
1983    Nagdlúnguaq           Nagtoralik                                  Paamiut
1984    Nagdlúnguaq           Disko-76              NÛK                   Ilulissat
1985    NÛK                   Disko-76              K-1933                Nuuk
1986    NÛK                   K-1933 (reserves)     Kâgssagssuk           Nuuk
1987    K-1933                Nagdlúnguaq           Disko-76              Maniitsoq
1988    K-1933                Nagdlúnguaq           I-69                  Aasiaat
1989    Kâgssagssuk           K-1933                NÛK                   Qaqortoq
1990    NÛK                   Ak'igssiak            K-1933                Nuuk
1991    K-1933                Ak'igssiak            T-41                  Sisimiut
1992    Ak'igssiak            Siuteroq-43           Nagdlúnguaq           Ilulissat
1993    B-67                  K-1933                Nagdlúnguaq           Qaqortoq
1994    B-67                  Ak'igssiak            NÛK                   Nuuk
1995    Kugsak-45             K-1933                SAK                   Sisimiut
1996    B-67                  Kugsak-45             Disko-76              Nuuk
1997    NÛK                   K-1933                Kugsak-45             Maniitsoq
1998    K-1933                NÛK                   N-85                  Qaqortoq
1999    B-67                  Kugsak-45             K-1933                Nuuk
2000    Nagdlúnguaq           Kugsak-45             SAK                   Qasigiannguit
2001    Nagdlúnguaq           Kugsak-45             Malamuk               Sisimiut
2002    Kugsak-45             B-67                  Nagdlúnguaq           Ilulissat
2003    K-1933                Kugsak-45             B-67                  Qaqortoq      
2004    FC Malamuk            B-67                  Nagdlúnguaq           Nuuk
2005    B-67                  Nagdlúnguaq           FC Malamuk            Uummannaq
2006    Nagdlúnguaq           N-85                  B-67                  Sisimiut
2007    Nagdlúnguaq           Kugsak-45             K-1933                Nuuk
2008    B-67                  K-1933                Nagdlúnguaq           Qaqortoq
2009    G-44                  FC Malamuk            Eqaluk-54             Qeqertarsuaq

NB: first (unofficial) championship apparently played in 1958;

titles since 1971 officially recognised by GBU

Number of Wins (since 1971, 40 titles)

10 Nagdlúnguaq [aka N-48] (Ilulissat)  

6 B-67 (Nuuk)

5 K-1933 [Kissaviarsuk 1933] (Qaqortoq)
  NÛK [Nuuk Idraetslag; also known as IL Nuuk] (Nuuk)

4 GSS [Grønlands Seminarius Sportklub] (Nuuk)

2 Kugsak-45 (Qasigiannguit)

1 Ak'igssiak (Maniitsoq)
  CIF-70 [Christanshåb Idraetsforening 70] (Qasigiannguit)
  G-44 (Qeqertarsuaq)
  Kâgssagssuk (Maniitsoq)
  FC Malamuk (Uumannaq) 
  SAK [siumut Amerdlok Kunuk] (Sisimiut)
  T-41 [Tupilakken 41] (Qaanaaq)

Brettney's Cold Summer in Greenland!

I arrived in Greenland back in May, just before the season began and just a few months after 'The announcement' i applied for every job under the sun and finally two clubs got back to me both in the same Regional group Equluk 56 and K'ingmek'-45 after looking over both towns i decided on the bigger town option (i'm just not a small town guy ...) and K'ingmek'-45 from Upernavik.

Upernavik ("Springtime Place" in Greenlandic)[1] is a small town in the Qaasuitsup municipality in northwestern Greenland, located on a small island of the same name. With 1,129 inhabitants as of 2010,[2] it is the thirteenth-largest town in Greenland. Due to the small size of the settlement, everything is within walking distance. It contains the Upernavik Museum.

I watched Greenlands first ever competitive international at Home vs Germany, they lost unsurprisingly) 4-0 after losing two friendlys (first ever FIFA sanctioned friendlys) against Andorra Home and Away 1-0 @ Home and 2-1 Away with young Zakorat Zeeb scoring the first ever Greenland goal.

Brettney's Cold Summer in Greenland! Season 1 update.

Kingmek.jpg

I took over August 2nd and drew my first 2 games before losing my third .. Things weren't looking great but i changed tactics slightly and we turned things around going on a winning streak that saw us qualify for the Championship Playoff League. Our unbeaten run continued for a couple of games and even though we lost the last game of the season to Champions G-44 we managed to finish 4th, enough for a shot chance in the Europa League next season.

Finances - Transfers.

Squad Stats,

Top Players;

Lars Peter Noah - Top Signing - The fans pick - International GK.

Samuel Hult - Top Scorer - Good young prospect.

Kaj Andersen - Highest Ave. Rating.

Niko Mattsen - Good young prospect - Most M.O.M awards.

Dag Byskov - Dirtiest player in the game.

Other Greenlandic news;

Greenland League Records (just this season).

Greenlandic clubs in Europe, SAK and Equluk 54 went out in the first Qualifying round of the Europa League losing to ZTE (Hungary) and Dnepr Mogilev (Belarus) respectively. FC Mamaluk went out to Maritimo (Portugal) in the 2nd Qual. rd and finally the Champions League G-44 the Coca Cola GM champions of 2009 lost in the 2nd Champions Qualifying round to Litex (Bulgaria).

So all in all no Greenland clubs won a game or even scored a goal in Europe shipping 29 in their first year in UEFA competitions.

With only 4 stadiums passing FIFA inspections in Greenland new stadiums were always going to be on the agenda for ambitious clubs and The first new stadium is finished by Kugsak 45 and is called in Kugsak 45 Stadium (well thought of) in will seat 723 fans with a further 2170 spaces for standing.

Following the Kugsak 45 move Siumut Amerdiok Kunuk (SAK) make their move moving into the new SAK Stadium 5,427 capacity and 1,356 seater.

And in International news Greenland have lost every game (some pretty heavily) but they have scored their first ever competitive goal ... An own goal from Serbia's Milan Bisevic in a 6-1 loss in Qaqortoq, Greenland.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm up to 2014 with A-51, won the league playoffs every year (though runner up in the qualifiers a couple of times), the league is still 953rd, ive been using my champs league earnings (I havent lost the prelim round yet but some heavy losses in the next one) to boost youth and training, training is now "adequate" and youth is still at basic, though an academy is in planning stages. My euro rank is 313th.

How have you got on with yours bretteny?

I've not played alot with this save lately, had a board confidence problem where the board were unhappy with my league progress even though we were through to the Championship playoffs and challenging for the title. I tried playing around in the editor some more incase it was something i'd done wrong but haven't managed a better league file yet. You had any problems? I also never made it into the Europa league even though i should of done.

it was like that for the first season, not sure why, but it sorted itself out.

2015 now, won the league again, through to 2nd qual round again. The youth academy is now open and we have turned semi-pro! Hopefully find some foreign regens who want to sign and get them greenlander nationality fast to improve the national team, who are the worst in the world. Still praying for that wonder regen from somewhere haha

Playing a similar challenge with another fantasy nation. Finding the same things. Board considers the treble as merely okay/good. An incoming consortium threatened to fire me. The national team is getting thumped by every one, Andorra included. But the Champions league money is flowing. I'm now entering the European transfer market to snatch a few decent youngsters to qualify them for our national team.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Kingmek.jpg

Brettney's Cold Summer in Greenland! Season 2 update.

Ok so i'm back, this season was played quite a few months ago i finished second the board are very unhappy with me even though i've exceeded their expectations this is probably a limit in the database i created but lets just see how far i can get.

Table

I'm completely changing alot of the team as most are rated less than a star by my Ass Man.

Greenland have won their first International a 3-1 friendly victory over Lichtenstein.

Brettney's Cold Summer in Greenland .. Continues!

K'ingmek'-45's first time in Europe saw us enter the Second Qualifying round of the Euro Cup and facing Kasimpasa (of Turkey) we lost 19-0 on Agg, and with a player sent off in our Home leg we really shamed our proud nation here.

Things looked much better on the League front and we once again finished second in the Championship Playoff Table. Our board were much happier with us (so i guess the database does work).

Into 2013 we go and we decide to go the route of arranging as many friendlies has we can fit in hopefully building up abit of cash (on average getting paid £7-8k per friendly).

We finish the league in a record equaling low of 4th and fail to make it into Europe.

We are still Amateur but have managed to persuade the board to improve both Youth and Training facilities once.

EDIT: Forgot to add we lost 14-0 on Agg to Dinamo Bucharest in Euro Cup 2nd Qualifying round.

I gave this a crack the other day, and completed a whole season in one go. I must say it is a great challenge and I have enjoyed it so far.

I managed A-51 into the play-offs, but ended up dead last there. Curious to see if I can get to the playoffs again next season.

Kingmek.jpg

Championship Table.

2015 Finished and we managed to retain the Coca Cola GM Championship. We faced Racing FC of Luxembourg in our first ever Champions League Qualifier drawing 1-1 at Home but losing Away 2-0 putting us out in the 1st Qualifying round.

I managed to persuade the board to improve the Training facilities and we are now at Fairly Basic with Basic Youth. Hopefully we can build a Youth Academy next season and improve the Training another level.

Kingmek.jpg

2016 and we managed to persuade the board that we should go Pro when this will actually happen i don't know ... We played Banants of Armenia in the Champions League we lost 1-0 Away but managed to grab a draw at Home 1-1.

Table

We also got the board to agree to a Youth Academy which as been started and finishes just before the new season.

We are now Semi-Pro!

Kingmek.jpg

After going Semi-Pro we quickly signed up an handful of our top players to Semi-Pro contracts and managed to sign a guy of this quality - We're going up in the world.

We had a record breaking season winning the Championship playoff with 19 points (3 more than previous record).

Europe;

We made it through a round in the Champions League beating Cliftonville (of Northern Ireland) 2-1 on agg. We face Ekranas (of Lithuania) next but lost 4-0 on agg. (2-0 both games).

We are improving the Training and Youth Facilities once again before the new season.

Archived