Beating the missus

Not literally of course. My missus plays FM and has done since FM07 she starts as Arsenal first then has a game as a lower EPL team. On FM10 she won the world cup with Brazil and got to the final with the Ivory Coast on the same save, I never won the world at all so she beat me on that one although I did win the JTP with Crewe and the O-League with the mighty Auckland City.

Now that I have settled into FM11 and am getting Fallout New Vegas for xmas she will be starting her game as Arsenal this means she will bag the champions league within 3 seasons. I am currently managing at Auckland City in New Zealand, question is do I manage a big club just so I can get that champions league before her. Do I manage a big nation to grab the world cup before her as well. Surely I cannot let her beat me two FM's running to arguably the biggest trophies in world football can I?

I know none of this really matter just thought it could be a bit of a fun thread. Do you have a girlfriend who beats you at FM?

Not literally of course. My missus plays FM and has done since FM07 she starts as Arsenal first then has a game as a lower EPL team. On FM10 she won the world cup with Brazil and got to the final with the Ivory Coast on the same save, I never won the world at all so she beat me on that one although I did win the JTP with Crewe and the O-League with the mighty Auckland City.

Now that I have settled into FM11 and am getting Fallout New Vegas for xmas she will be starting her game as Arsenal this means she will bag the champions league within 3 seasons. I am currently managing at Auckland City in New Zealand, question is do I manage a big club just so I can get that champions league before her. Do I manage a big nation to grab the world cup before her as well. Surely I cannot let her beat me two FM's running to arguably the biggest trophies in world football can I?

I know none of this really matter just thought it could be a bit of a fun thread. Do you have a girlfriend who beats you at FM?

Do you want to swap girlfriends for a year ;)

my missus tried playing once and wanted to be Arsenal amd mega rich so she could go 'shopping' like buying Torres and Tevez becuase they sound the same.. i did tell her to buy Gary Neville and Phil as there 2nd names sound similar lol but she knows who they are so she didnt bite.

Managed to get the GF and a mate of hers playing FM10 last year, only lasted about a week sadly. She started as Forfar (because she liked the name) and signed players who's names she liked (Danny Gay for example). Something tells me her heart wasn't really in it...

The wife will ask how I'm doing and that's it these days.

I used to play for hour upon hours and she'd complain we didn't talk so she got into The Sims.

Now it's her playing all the hours on The Sims or Angry Birds.

Just means more FM time for me and no nagging.

My wife is decorating our house whilst I play FM. She used to play too but then our daughter came along and that was pretty much that. She still asks how I'm getting on and listens to me explaining stuff that has happened in the save.

When she asks how I'm getting on she always says 'are you winning?' Trouble is I haven't yet worked out whether she means the particular match I'm playing or winning in general so I normally just say yes or no based on how annoyed the game has made me.

My BF tends to flit in and out of liking FM - you'd think his girlfriend liking playing it would encourage him more, wouldn't you? In fact, he's doing the ironing just now whilst I'm arranging my scouting assignments for the new season ahead. Bloody men!

umm hello 'how ya doooinnngggg' i dont think weve met. my names Jack....................

Archived