Why is Man City such a nut-house in the game...

Just wondering if others have noticed how weird Man City is in the game...

I've started the 3rd season in my Grasshoppers save, and Man city have sold, well, 4 players till date. 4 players in 5 Transfer windows! And they've bought a total of [wait for it...] 27 players!

In this way, they have built up a sizable First team, as well as a Huge Reserve squad of world class players. Also, each season, they let a chunk of these world class players leave for Free, including a large number of high potential youth regens! Some of these free players are only able to stay at Man City for the 6-month gap between successive transfer windows...

Then there is the case of Unhappy Players. Balotelli has been unhappy and wantaway since august of the first season... and every transfer window he gets offered to me by his agent for a pittance. Only, his wage demands are so high, I'd rather buy five regens with similar potential and better personality...:p

Every season, at least a couple players become unhappy and want to leave City. This time it's Tevez and Kolarov...

And finally the managers. Mancini happened to last a year and a half, after which came Redknapp. He retired within 6 months, and now there's Rafa Benitez. Funnily, I'm already getting news items saying Rafa's under pressure, and the Premier league season has only just started.

In a weird way, all this is very realistic, but I think FM has overdone the craziness surrounding Man City this time around.

In RL: Man City won't win anything this season, ManCi-ni will get sacked, they will hire another manager who will buy some new players he likes, some players will get unhappy and want to leave the club, the team's moral will be low and they will have another disappointing season an so on...

I played as them on the previous FM and getting rid of players was a nightmare. Players want you to pay them bucket loads for a couple of years when selling them so they accept a wage cut.

Players were sold under me and the press said I was getting sacked every week.

I finished 4th in my first season. It didn't have an update so no Silva or Balotelli.

The reason probably is that City offers these players very high wages. As they buy and buy, players will get unhappy and will want to leave. But as hardly any other team are willing to pay these high wages, they'll be hard to sell and that way their squad gets really big.

They're all the results of the broken transfer system, particularly the club's inability to sell. The AI manager doesn't rotate the squad as much as the human manager, so half the team don't get any game time and become unhappy. When players get unhappy, they get transfer listed. However, nobody buys because of the high wage, signing fee and agent fee, so they either get released for free or stuck at the club in the reserve team until their contracts run out.

They're all the results of the broken transfer system, particularly the club's inability to sell. The AI manager doesn't rotate the squad as much as the human manager, so half the team don't get any game time and become unhappy. When players get unhappy, they get transfer listed. However, nobody buys because of the high wage, signing fee and agent fee, so they either get released for free or stuck at the club in the reserve team until their contracts run out.

Yeah, it's so strange that they drove down Balotelli's price over two years from £21 Mil to £2.4 Mil and then they decided to sell. In the meantime, he did not play a Single league game for City in 2 Yrs. Same's now happening for Kolarov. Instead of selling an unhappy player, they're offering him for loan, and when the loan offers come in they reject all of them.

in a way its correct but needs to tone down really its going to happen managers will go players will go new ones will come in untill they win something just on the game its crazy some of the best players in the world staying there for a year when they have been bought for millions and then get offered to you for not even a quarter of what city paid for them

there finaces on mine say 90m for city yet they still spend like crazy how does this happen

in a way its correct but needs to tone down really its going to happen managers will go players will go new ones will come in untill they win something just on the game its crazy some of the best players in the world staying there for a year when they have been bought for millions and then get offered to you for not even a quarter of what city paid for them

there finaces on mine say 90m for city yet they still spend like crazy how does this happen

Because the owner is still the same who is cosidered to be a SugarDaddy that's why Man City's manager will get loads of money in transfer budget automatically as SugarDadies are supposed to get momey from their own pockets.

Because the owner is still the same who is cosidered to be a SugarDaddy that's why Man City's manager will get loads of money in transfer budget automatically as SugarDadies are supposed to get momey from their own pockets.

Well why? apparently he doesn't use all that much in the real world. It smells like, omg we wont win without a cash flow club. Those clubs in England are big and great, but they will never be barca or real.....just face it..

Well Except Newcastle ofc :)

Mancini left for Liverpool on my save, got sacked went to Arsenal then left Arsenal for Man City. Pretty strange really, Benitez also went back to Liverpool quite strange really.

Why is that, they aim for the manager available with the best reputation as they need. He was apparently the one.

The problem is whilst a lot of these issues are related to the real world one thing is massively unrealistic.

If Man City don't want a player, they will want him out of the club - Bellamy, Robinho. They will lose money just to get these guys out of the club, whether temporarily or permanently.

I think the players' AI needs tweaking so that their main desire is to get games, not a big contract.

they're going through managers faster than players in my game - I'm in the second sesason with Arsenal and already Man City are up to their 3rd manager for the season, we're only 17 games in! Ang again the new guy is under pressure because they're coming 6th. Pretty fun to watch - I also got Bolatelli for cheap as he was ****ed with not getting first team. I also got Torres form Liverpool for the same reason.

I like Man City going bananas - getting thier players for cheap!

Archived