Kit Clashes

Has anyone had any issues with kits clashing on the game? Whenever I am a team with a red or blue kit, I will often end up playing teams who are in virtually exactly the same kit.

Example, as Arsenal I played Real Madrid in the Champions League, we both wear red. I play Man Utd, we both wear red. Against Liverpool, we both wear red. I added some custom kits to the data folder in my game, and have tried taking them out, but the issue still remains.

Madrid don't even have a red kit???

I would imagine that this is something to do with your custom kits breaking something. I'm not techie enough to know how to fix it though.

Yeah exactly. I've emptied my graphics folder and still have the problem though. And I've had this issue for so long, I can't even remember it not being there?

Yeah exactly. I've emptied my graphics folder and still have the problem though. And I've had this issue for so long, I can't even remember it not being there?

Emptying your graphics folder alone wont fix it. You also need to reload the skin. In preferences you need to make sure that "use skin cache" is UNTICKED and "reload skin on confirm" IS TICKED. This 'should' fix your problem :thup:

Emptying your graphics folder alone wont fix it. You also need to reload the skin. In preferences you need to make sure that "use skin cache" is UNTICKED and "reload skin on confirm" IS TICKED. This 'should' fix your problem :thup:

Tried that too :)

Tried that too :)

Have you moved all of your graphics out of the Sports Interactive folder completely or just moved them somewhere else within the Sports Interactive folder?

They need to be removed completely. Try moving the folders containing your graphics to the desktop and try again (remember to reload the skin). If you move the graphics but they are still within the Sports Interactive folder, the game will still pivk them up.

Have you moved all of your graphics out of the Sports Interactive folder completely or just moved them somewhere else within the Sports Interactive folder?

They need to be removed completely. Try moving the folders containing your graphics to the desktop and try again (remember to reload the skin). If you move the graphics but they are still within the Sports Interactive folder, the game will still pivk them up.

Yep, have completely emptied it and still having the same problem. Going to try a re-install I think... I'm not playing until the 2nd patch anyway, was just trying out some stuff, remembered this, and wondered if anyone else had encountered this as I hadn't seen any threads about it.

Yep, have completely emptied it and still having the same problem. Going to try a re-install I think... I'm not playing until the 2nd patch anyway, was just trying out some stuff, remembered this, and wondered if anyone else had encountered this as I hadn't seen any threads about it.

The only other thing I can think of is you might be using some kind of edited database. If not then reinstalling is probably the only way to fix it. Have a look in the FAQ thread. Might be something in there, also there is instructions to do a full manual uninstall in there which will get rid of all your hidden files aswell just incase its them thats causing the problem.

i got it in 1 game with carlisle. we wore mainly blue with a tiny bit of red and the other team wore blue with a tiny bit of white. not an edited database either. i rely on the game not to have these sort of clashes as iam colour blind

i am PSG and get this all the time. Playing a team in blue, we wear our blue kit. Playing a team in red, we wear our red kit. Really really annoying.

Thats a problem with PSG specifically for the 1st season, they are wearing a special anniversary kit. It'll be fixed in a patch.

Yes, Ive always wanted to be able to see the kits pre matchup and change them if necessary like you can do in FIFA or PES.

99% of them time youd do nothing but it would be handy to change it if needed.

Going from memory, I think I had QPR play palace and not play in their blue and white hoops but instead play in red and black halves, when the 3rd kit of green and white hoops would have been clearer or even the 1st kit that was worn IRL this season.

The only problem with kit clashes I've spotted as yet, without any graphical game modifications, was as AFC Telford in a friendly at home to Juventus reserves. Telford in black shorts, white top, with Juve in black shorts, predominantly white top.

Archived