The magical backroom staff merry-go-round!

Three seasons in and with a large backroom staff as Tottenham. I'm finding my staff constantly being pinched, already FOUR this season - I replace the staff I've lost with other staff from other teams and so on, not too mention managers swapping clubs every season and we have the amazing, magical, - "football manager 2011 magic roundabout".

Anyone else having problems with this? It's so unrealistic. Add to this, me generously being offered: Kjaer 8m, Suarez 6m, Hamsick 8m, and Akinfeev 5m (who I snapped up, only to stop other rivals becoming stronger)....

........and you have me regrettably, not wanting to continue to play three seasons in, due to a grave lack of realism. The AI's on the level of a early to mid nineties management simulation. Awful.

This has to be the worst FM release of all time. Been playing since 1992, will wait until March next time and read reviews on here before I purchase.

I had Man Utd go after one of my good Coaches. I offered him a new contract, he stayed.

I went to Man U's staff screen, and offered a Contract to one of their Coaches. He accepted and joined us.

Man U immediately offered a contract to another one of my coaches. I let him go, he wasn't great.

I went back to their Staff screen and offered a contract to one of their underpaid 20/20 Scouts. He accepted and joined. Now my best Scout.

And they made no more offers. Nor has anyone else in the past year plus.

True story.

It has been raised, probably 50 times so far, transfers are being fixed in the patch thats out in a few weeks.

When this happens please come back and defend the game. Until then the system is broken and people are right to complain.

bterz I think you mean people have a right to complain. It is not right to complain when you know a solution is on the way, it's short sighted and ignorant.

If your mum said dinner will be on the table in 10 minutes, will you spend the next 9 minutes asking when it will be ready?

bterz I think you mean people have a right to complain. It is not right to complain when you know a solution is on the way, it's short sighted and ignorant.

If your mum said dinner will be on the table in 10 minutes, will you spend the next 9 minutes asking when it will be ready?

haha best post i have read on here for a while, so very true, they will fix the transfers, all these constant posts are not going to make anything come quicker.

I agree moaning about the game gets dull. But some people defending it with this whole stuff about patches is a bit annoying. I mean if I bought a car I'd be pretty annoyed if they delivered the engine a month later.

you havent bought a car, you have bought a computer game, there are no bits missing from this game.

exactly the same in my game. 2nd season and about 16 of the 20 premiership teams now have different managers from the start of the game....ridiculous. wenger went to roma lol.

managers getting sacked weekly. staff going everywhere.

crazy transfer system...takes a bit of the edge of realism but everyones in the same boat. im cardiff so havent got too much money so hasnt affected me directly. still a great game and will be awesome when patch comes out.

although, annoying for me, promoted as cardiff first season, bellamy was great. now in prem, man city accepted my offer of £1 mil he didnt even want to negotiate at ALL. unrealistic! just rotting in their reserves all season, great!

No, I mean people are right to complain because they play the game today and encounter the problem today. It's ruining their current game and a promise of future fixes doesn't change much about the present. It's become a waiting game with FM nowadays.

If your mum was supposed to have dinner on the table 10 minutes ago and is now telling you to wait for yet another 10 minutes then that's 20 minutes too late and I believe you wouldn't be too happy with her.

When and if it is fixed properly that will be the day people stop complaining and rightly so. If they don't I promise to come back and bash them.

It's one of the things that has bugged me most about FM for a while. A club makes an approach for one of my coaches, so I offer him a new contract and he stays. Fair enough.

The club that came in for the first coach then makes me repeat this process with every single one of my coaches. It would be fair enough if this was Real Madrid, but I'm Chelsea, and recently Hull decided to try and take every single one of my coaches in turn. It's unrealistic and it's bleeding annoying.

Three seasons in and with a large backroom staff as Tottenham. I'm finding my staff constantly being pinched, already FOUR this season - I replace the staff I've lost with other staff from other teams and so on, not too mention managers swapping clubs every season and we have the amazing, magical, - "football manager 2011 magic roundabout".

Anyone else having problems with this? It's so unrealistic. Add to this, me generously being offered: Kjaer 8m, Suarez 6m, Hamsick 8m, and Akinfeev 5m (who I snapped up, only to stop other rivals becoming stronger)....

........and you have me regrettably, not wanting to continue to play three seasons in, due to a grave lack of realism. The AI's on the level of a early to mid nineties management simulation. Awful.

This has to be the worst FM release of all time. Been playing since 1992, will wait until March next time and read reviews on here before I purchase.

Given your post count it seems you aren't a frequent contributor?

I didn't mind it in fm2010 cause you could keep offering your staff a slightly improved contract and 9 times out of 10 they would stay. Now tho if you give a coach a new contract to stop him moving and someone else offers soon after your screwed cause he won't sign again so soon!

Saying that tho, I havnt lost too many thankfully.

Simple solution to this, which has been the same for a few releases now and isn't (in my opinion) unrealistic.

When other clubs show and interest or approach a member of your backroom staff, review and renegotiate their contract. More often than not, they'll agree to new terms and stay with your club.

The only thing I can sympathise somewhat with when it comes to coaches moving, is when you're a big club and they accept an offer from a much smaller club. Although I can understand if that club is one of their favourites, or staff/players at the other club are listed as favourites.

When this happens please come back and defend the game. Until then the system is broken and people are right to complain.

are you able to point out where i said he has no right to complain? I was informing him that it has been acknowleged and is going to be fixed in the patch. I am not defending anything mate, just informing the OP that a fix is in the process of being put in place, gee

are you able to point out where i said he has no right to complain? I was informing him that it has been acknowleged and is going to be fixed in the patch. I am not defending anything mate, just informing the OP that a fix is in the process of being put in place, gee

Stating that "this has been one of the best releases so far" sounds kinda like defending to me. Also doubting him that he's been playing the game since '92 isn't a great way to start an 'informative' post. I'd have let it go but that 'gee' didn't sit well...

It's one of the things that has bugged me most about FM for a while. A club makes an approach for one of my coaches, so I offer him a new contract and he stays. Fair enough.

The club that came in for the first coach then makes me repeat this process with every single one of my coaches. It would be fair enough if this was Real Madrid, but I'm Chelsea, and recently Hull decided to try and take every single one of my coaches in turn. It's unrealistic and it's bleeding annoying.

Totally agree. I don't know too much about staff transfers in football - so it'd be nice to know if this is a realistic thing that actually goes on during the season but that we don't hear about it, or is it just an issue with the game (and previous games as well!)

Archived