+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Can't ask for new stadium?

Amateur

Default Can't ask for new stadium?

I'm a good few years in as Heracles Almelo, and my stadium has been upgraded to the max (19000) for years and for the past two seasons has been 100% full for every Eredivisie match. I have more than enough money in the bank, as I've done rather well. But for some reason, the option to ask the board for a new stadium is greyed out. All the facilities have been upgraded a number of times no problem, but not at one point have I been able to ask for a new stadium, only for expansions, the last of which was completed 3-4 years ago. Is this a bug, or am I just missing something?

Amateur

If you put the mouse over the greyed out option and leave it there for a few seconds it comes up with some sort of explination.

Let us know if that works

Amateur

"The club believes that another new stadium should not be built at this time"
    But I have a hard time understanding why when it's always full and it can not be expanded further.

Amateur

When was the current stadium built?

I think there might be a set amount of time in game between each stadium being built, to stop people having a new stadium every few years.

Amateur

Just looked it up on my game, the stadium was built in 1999, I guess that is too recent for the game to let you have a new one, not sure how long you have to wait though.

Amateur

It was built in 1999, my game is in 2018.

Edit: Oh, I guess I'll wait then.

Semi Pro

I think the time frame for new stadiums is a minimum of 20 years, so you should be pretty close to being able to ask for a new stadium.

Amateur

I've just tried this, and the mouse-over says 'board request is currently being actioned' but there is nothing in the board request staus screen for a new stadium.

Anyone got any idea why? The last time I asked for a new stadium was probably exactly 12 months ago...

Amateur

Also... I have 2 conversations from 6 years ago *still* hovering above the board conversation options. One of them involves a new stadium...

Does this mean the option is 'stuck in limbo' because I didn't click 'exit' to end the convo?

SI?

+ Reply to Thread