Most Goals by a Defender - can anyone beat it!

From the Records Thread:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Most Goals from a Defender: Hershie - Breno - 35 Proof </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wouldn't be surprised if someone could beat that, defenders scoring from corners seems to be out of control.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dafuge:

From the Records Thread:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Most Goals from a Defender: Hershie - Breno - 35 Proof </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wouldn't be surprised if someone could beat that, defenders scoring from corners seems to be out of control. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hehe nope. I just happened to notice no-one had put the results of their exploits up so I jumped at the chance.

Broke the record for most goals in a game by a defender in the process too. icon_cool.gificon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dafuge:

From the Records Thread:

I wouldn't be surprised if someone could beat that, defenders scoring from corners seems to be out of control. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The screenie only says 20 goals.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DJDiesel:

The screenie only says 20 goals. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

20 League goals - 35 from all club competitions.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DJDiesel:

The screenie only says 20 goals. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

20 League goals - 35 from all club competitions.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Klimowicz:

got a hat-trick from Sol Campbell on fm06.

can't buy a goal from a corner, i refuse to use that exploit personally. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The weird thing is that when Breno got 4 goals (vs Coventry) only 2 were from headers. 1 was a tap in from a scramble after a corner, and the other was from about 20 yards out. icon_redface.gificon_biggrin.gif

Also got a hattrick in another game near the end of the season.

I admit I'm not a great manager, so every little (or big) helps.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by oxygen_pro:

Mcgurk got 27 goals just in the league for me, and what is this corner exploit??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There's a fairly obvious corner set up routine that brings an unrealistic amount of goals.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Klimowicz:

there's also a penalty exploit, where you play your goalkeeper upfront and he wins a penalty every game.

try it icon_biggrin.gif

Disclaimer: the statement above contains extreme sarcasm. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_rolleyes.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TGD:

that is just stupid. Should go back to 8.0.1 as I am in 2022 and not upgrading. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is avoidable though and the AI doesn't seem to exploit it, it is pretty easy to have a corner setup that scores a realistic number of goals rather than the silly amounts you see here.

If you look at the stickied change list I know which patch I would use.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I might try having TWO defenders mark he GK, see if I can win the league by Christmas. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you do that they get in each others way and you don't score many... not that i've tried icon_wink.gif

Richards scored 49 goals for me last season. Finisched topscorer in premier league with 27. Outscored my strikers by miles. All goals from corners. Scored 4 hatricks I believe. Rarely scored against a good team though. Mostly against lower teams played Chelsea 4 times I think and Arsenal 6 times and mabey scored 1 goal from a corner against them. They seem to know how to stop it.

Scored a 126 goals last season ithe league alone so even without the 27 from Richards I still score really easy. So its not that helpfull as you might think I win the league by miles every year even before the patch and against top teams it doesn't work so eventually in the cups when you reach the later stages and come out against Chelsea, Real, Arsenal and such its Aguero or Fernandez that need to make the goals.

I scored 27 in 07 without this bug, (which I thought was impressive).

Luckily I haven't encountered this bug. Don't get me wrong, I score quite a few goals from corners but they are shared around by 3 different positions at the back post.

I had a little look at challenge GK options and stick it in there but it never seemed to work for me.

I think I'm quite glad really.

The game seems harder post latest patch, (and by recent sabatical), and that's a good thing.

Archived