Closed Thread

Thread: Most Goals by a Defender - can anyone beat it!

Amateur

Now then, 1st season with York City in the Conference, David McGurk my Centre Back (and captain) scored 27 goals!!! they were mostly headers from corners, he wasn't my penalty or free kick taker either but can anyone beat that??

Amateur

Now then, 1st season with York City in the Conference, David McGurk my Centre Back (and captain) scored 27 goals!!! they were mostly headers from corners, he wasn't my penalty or free kick taker either but can anyone beat that??

Youth Team

Yeah. I think the record is 35 according to the "records thread". Not by me - I don't care, and I don't exploit the corner routine. But there you go

World Cup Winner

From the Records Thread:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Most Goals from a Defender: Hershie - Breno - 35 Proof </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wouldn't be surprised if someone could beat that, defenders scoring from corners seems to be out of control.

Semi Pro

I might try having TWO defenders mark he GK, see if I can win the league by Christmas.

Subs Bench
    Future events such as these will affect you in the future.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dafuge:
    From the Records Thread:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Most Goals from a Defender: Hershie - Breno - 35 Proof </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wouldn't be surprised if someone could beat that, defenders scoring from corners seems to be out of control. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Hehe nope. I just happened to notice no-one had put the results of their exploits up so I jumped at the chance.

Broke the record for most goals in a game by a defender in the process too.

Amateur

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dafuge:
    From the Records Thread:

I wouldn't be surprised if someone could beat that, defenders scoring from corners seems to be out of control. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The screenie only says 20 goals.

Third Team

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DJDiesel:
    The screenie only says 20 goals. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

20 League goals - 35 from all club competitions.

Third Team

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DJDiesel:
    The screenie only says 20 goals. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

20 League goals - 35 from all club competitions.

Amateur

Check the "Overall" section from the bottom of the screen.

Amateur

*smashes head off desk*

sorry about that

William Gallas of Arsenal, 30 goals in all competitions, including a goal in the champions league final against barca where i won 5-0

First Team
    I will sing for you, when you've begged me AND YOU WILL BEG ME!

got a hat-trick from Sol Campbell on fm06.

can't buy a goal from a corner, i refuse to use that exploit personally.

Subs Bench
    Future events such as these will affect you in the future.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Klimowicz:
    got a hat-trick from Sol Campbell on fm06.

can't buy a goal from a corner, i refuse to use that exploit personally. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    The weird thing is that when Breno got 4 goals (vs Coventry) only 2 were from headers. 1 was a tap in from a scramble after a corner, and the other was from about 20 yards out.

Also got a hattrick in another game near the end of the season.

I admit I'm not a great manager, so every little (or big) helps.

Amateur

Mcgurk got 27 goals just in the league for me, and what is this corner exploit???

Amateur

i have Sakho score more than 40 in a season~

World Cup Winner

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by oxygen_pro:
    Mcgurk got 27 goals just in the league for me, and what is this corner exploit??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There's a fairly obvious corner set up routine that brings an unrealistic amount of goals.

First Team
    I will sing for you, when you've begged me AND YOU WILL BEG ME!

there's also a penalty exploit, where you play your goalkeeper upfront and he wins a penalty every game.

try it

Disclaimer: the statement above contains extreme sarcasm.

Semi Pro

I must say I'm yet to see corner bug in my game. I'm not using the exploit but neither does AI so far...

Semi Pro

Amateur

that is just stupid. Should go back to 8.0.1 as I am in 2022 and not upgrading.

Amateur

MY STRIKERS DONT EVEN SCORE THAT MANY

Rhys Williams - 5

My top scorer last season was Leon Constantine and Charlie Sheringham, both joint on 17... I got promoted but where am I going wrong!?!?!?!

Amateur

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Klimowicz:
    there's also a penalty exploit, where you play your goalkeeper upfront and he wins a penalty every game.

try it

Disclaimer: the statement above contains extreme sarcasm. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

World Cup Winner

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TGD:
    that is just stupid. Should go back to 8.0.1 as I am in 2022 and not upgrading. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is avoidable though and the AI doesn't seem to exploit it, it is pretty easy to have a corner setup that scores a realistic number of goals rather than the silly amounts you see here.

If you look at the stickied change list I know which patch I would use.

Amateur

Thing is, if I was losing in a cup final, I can't see myself not using the corner routine. I don't have a strong enough will power lol.

Amateur

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I might try having TWO defenders mark he GK, see if I can win the league by Christmas. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    If you do that they get in each others way and you don't score many... not that i've tried

Amateur

Richards scored 49 goals for me last season. Finisched topscorer in premier league with 27. Outscored my strikers by miles. All goals from corners. Scored 4 hatricks I believe. Rarely scored against a good team though. Mostly against lower teams played Chelsea 4 times I think and Arsenal 6 times and mabey scored 1 goal from a corner against them. They seem to know how to stop it.

Scored a 126 goals last season ithe league alone so even without the 27 from Richards I still score really easy. So its not that helpfull as you might think I win the league by miles every year even before the patch and against top teams it doesn't work so eventually in the cups when you reach the later stages and come out against Chelsea, Real, Arsenal and such its Aguero or Fernandez that need to make the goals.

Banned
    His armband proved he was a red!!! You\'ll never walk alone it said!!! Fernando Torres -

I tend to use my strikers instead of defenders.

It looks like my tactic results in more chances

Third Team
    Pro-consumer, anti-DRM. Never be satisfied with any answer. Dig until you drop.

Piqué bagged over 50 for me, it's nuts, although my tactic was solely designed to win corners *cough*.

Youth Team
    I used to chase eggs. Now I am just trying not to respond to eegits.

I scored 27 in 07 without this bug, (which I thought was impressive).

Luckily I haven't encountered this bug. Don't get me wrong, I score quite a few goals from corners but they are shared around by 3 different positions at the back post.

I had a little look at challenge GK options and stick it in there but it never seemed to work for me.

I think I'm quite glad really.

The game seems harder post latest patch, (and by recent sabatical), and that's a good thing.

Closed Thread